OB Cues Presents TAR 24 Bustamante vs Van Boening Jan 13-14

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
TAR24_Flyer_web_1000.jpg

This is one everyone said they wanted to see, so here it is.....

OB Cues presents TAR 24 featuring Francisco Bustamante taking on Shane Van Boening in a $5000 per man 10 Ball TAR match. These two champions are going head to head January 13 and 14th with a final set play off on Sunday the 15th if required. The format is 10 Ball, race to 25, two out of three sets. Winner takes the $10,000 prize fund.

We want to thank our match sponsors for helping to make this event happen. OB Cues ( www.obcues.com ) is the Presenting Sponsor of TAR 24. TAR and OB Cues have a long history and we are excited to have them on board for this match. Thanks to OB Cues we will have a free giveaway promotion for TAR 24 that will award the winner with an OB Cues cue. More info on the giveaway contest will be announced this week.

Our Match sponsors for TAR 24 are CueSports International ( www.playcsipool.com ) and AZ Billiards ( www.azbilliards.com ) . CSI is dedicated to making things happen in the pool world and they have stepped up once again to help create an exciting event for everyone to enjoy. AZ Billiards is the best online resource for pool in the world and we are proud to be associated with them. Without AZ Billiards and the AZ Forums TAR probably wouldn't exist. Thanks to all the hard work of Mike Howerton and Jerry Forsythe we all have a place to discuss pool and interact. We appreciate the support of all of our sponsors and thank them for all of their help.

TAR 24 will be available to watch live from your computer via streaming pay per view. The match price is $35 for the entire match whether it goes two days or three. We will also have a pricing package of $15 per day if you can't watch the whole thing. We will be running each days play on a continuous loop from the time the live match ends until two hours before the following days play begins. This will allow people to catch anything they miss live. Live match play will begin at 7 P.M. Eastern each day and the loop will run until 5 P.M. Eastern the following day.

The match is taking place at the TAR Studio in Las Vegas, NV. There are a small number of seats available in the TAR Studio for people who want to watch this match in person. The available seats will go on sale Wednesday December 28 on the TAR webstore at www.theactionreport.net . They are available on a first come first serve basis and all purchases are final. If you purchase a seat and cant make it it is up to you to sell that seat.

Tune into www.theactionreport.com on Friday January 13th for the kick off TAR 24: Bustamante vs Van Boening presented by OB Cues.

If anyone has any questions please post them up and I'll get them answered. Thanks.

EDIT: I have posted a .pdf of the full size flyer suitable for printing as well as .jpg graphics of the flyer and sig banner on line for anyone who wants to download and print or use them. Just go here: http://theactionreport.com/TAR24/ and right click save as on the file you want.

Last edited:

NorthCarolinian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who's idea was it for the $5K bet instead of the more standard $10K TAR type bet?

SVB is very used to the larger bet but in the race to 100 format, so maybe the format change made him want to bet a lil less, OR Bustamante wanted to bet a lil less because he is the slight dog and its a definite road game for him as SVB is more used to 4.25'' diamonds ???

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
No matter who takes home the cheese ~~ we are all the real winners in this! Thanks Justin, Royce, Mark, Mike, and all those behind respective scenes :thumbup:!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Who's idea was it for the $5K bet instead of the more standard $10K TAR type bet?

SVB is very used to the larger bet but in the race to 100 format, so maybe the format change made him want to bet a lil less, OR Bustamante wanted to bet a lil less because he is the slight dog and its a definite road game for him as SVB is more used to 4.25'' diamonds ???

It is what it is. These guys will play the same for $5 or $50,000. $5k is just what it worked out to in order to lock it up and get it done. Things have a way of growing after the match is confirmed though.

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will the studio seats be for the whole event or will there be single day seats available? It's my birthday the 13th but I won't be in town in time to make it to day one but I'd love to see day two and three if it goes to the third day. Either way this should be a great match.

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Holy Shnikees! This is gonna be awesome!

For me, I think this is the best match-up TAR has ever done.

Thank you very much Justin, the TAR crew, and all the sponsors for bringing us this great match.

Ray Robles

Bank2Win

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't wait to see this one, it's been a long time since I've seen Busty play. I think SVB takes it in two though, just can't fade his break, and probably considers the studio his own table by now. SVB 25-20, 25-23.

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is going to be one fun match to watch

is it rack your own? Pattern racking?

C.Milian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol to quote my local room owners words when I wanted to play 7 ahead "that could take..... forever.."

Then at least we know there isn't that big an edge one has over the other and adjust for the whole shebang third day. Just a thought. But that hardly happens...there is always an edge. 8 ahead is about right. I just like to see 11 ahead for 25k a man with these two.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Either way its 10k a man since if they split sets the last set is for 10k each correct? I like this format, I wonder if someone wins the first 2 if they would be willing to bet it all on the 3rd set. :thumbup:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Either way its 10k a man since if they split sets the last set is for 10k each correct? I like this format, I wonder if someone wins the first 2 if they would be willing to bet it all on the 3rd set. :thumbup:

Each guys brings $5000. I put it in a safe somewhere. First guy to win two races to 25 I hand $10,000.

If anyone out there wants to up the entry by jumping on Busty's side let me know. All you have to do is give up 40% -50% if you win. Line forms to the right.

:D

Autist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will be a great match.

35$ is not much for this, but I expected that I would be able to download the whole match after it's over? Not just see it on loop for 3 days.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
This will be a great match.

35$ is not much for this, but I expected that I would be able to download the whole match after it's over? Not just see it on loop for 3 days.

No downloads as of yet. For $35 you get the match live and the recorded footage from that day till two hours before the next day starts.

If you buy the $35 package and it only goes two days I will loop the entire match until Monday at 5 PM Eastern. If it goes three days then only the final set will loop till 5 PM Monday.