Old
  (#61)
derekdisco
We woulda won state!
derekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond reputederekdisco has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

07-15-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
Oh I don't know, maybe Darren Appleton wishes there was not a post on the front page of AZB titled "Darren Appleton is a dirty cheater", just maybe...

I also did not ask for him to be banned at all, what I did question was raining down +rep on him for the thread because he finally said "oops, sorry".
Rep is serious business.

Old
  (#62)
Celtic
AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Celtic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-15-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekdisco View Post
Rep is serious business.
It is not important but it makes this whole board look weak to actually put out the message that the OP is a quality contributing member of the AZB forums. We are basically saying to anyone new to this forum "yeah this guy has 5 posts and here they are, he is a quality member of the community and we appreciate the posts he graced us with". That would cause alot of people to double back and not visit the forum ever again. It is one thing to tolerate a thread like this, it is quite another to commend the poster for it...

Old
  (#63)
Hidy Ho
Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Hidy Ho has a reputation beyond reputeHidy Ho has a reputation beyond reputeHidy Ho has a reputation beyond reputeHidy Ho has a reputation beyond reputeHidy Ho has a reputation beyond reputeHidy Ho has a reputation beyond reputeHidy Ho has a reputation beyond reputeHidy Ho has a reputation beyond reputeHidy Ho has a reputation beyond reputeHidy Ho has a reputation beyond reputeHidy Ho has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

07-15-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risky biz View Post
It always bothers me when Ga Young Kim rubs her body parts on the table. It bothers me quite a bit, actually.
I just want to be the table ....

There's a force in the universe that makes things happen; all you have to do is get in touch with it. Stop thinking...let things happen...and be...the table.

Old
  (#64)
The Saw
Juicy Pop in 2016!
The Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond repute

07-15-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Rep is serious business.
So is pimpin son.....

"That was a free tip for your non-educated pool ass." ~ Donny Mills

"why did i bet the most?
hmmmm thats what i do.
" ~ Chris Bartram

"F it, I'll just give yogu ball in hand....." ~ Jeff Locke

"If I ever saw you in person I'd piss in your coke, so go choke on a 3cushion pool ball Bill!" ~ ScottyDzntKnow

Old
  (#65)
The Saw
Juicy Pop in 2016!
The Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond reputeThe Saw has a reputation beyond repute

07-15-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Rep is serious business.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to derekdisco again.". Guess I better get 'serious" about repping some other players.

"That was a free tip for your non-educated pool ass." ~ Donny Mills

"why did i bet the most?
hmmmm thats what i do.
" ~ Chris Bartram

"F it, I'll just give yogu ball in hand....." ~ Jeff Locke

"If I ever saw you in person I'd piss in your coke, so go choke on a 3cushion pool ball Bill!" ~ ScottyDzntKnow

Old
  (#66)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

07-15-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisEuphoria View Post
In the semi-finals I noticed that he blatantly cheated on the first shot after the break against Naoyuki Ohi...

Oh, and here's proof for all of you ladies and gents before you pounce on me saying "proof or gtfo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbzeQgJZHlk
2:05
In the infamous words of John McEnroe, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Old
  (#67)
JesseAllred
AzB Silver Member
JesseAllred has a reputation beyond reputeJesseAllred has a reputation beyond reputeJesseAllred has a reputation beyond reputeJesseAllred has a reputation beyond reputeJesseAllred has a reputation beyond reputeJesseAllred has a reputation beyond reputeJesseAllred has a reputation beyond reputeJesseAllred has a reputation beyond reputeJesseAllred has a reputation beyond reputeJesseAllred has a reputation beyond reputeJesseAllred has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-15-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasBilliards View Post
Lol that's funny stuff. One of those oops moments, followed by face meeting palm. Don't hold it against the guy, he flubbed up. Stood up and admitted it. It's all good.
It's definitely not all good. It makes me a little nauseated that so many people on this thread are giving him a pass. It's just stupidity that Kris doesn't realize that there are no spectators, no referee and Darren is racking for himself in a world championship. And the fact that so blatant a foul would have been dealt with immediately. That part is forgivable.

The fact that he angrily jumps to conclusions without researching and posts it to publicly question Darren is the part that is unforgivable. That sort of behavior and a group shrugging it off as no big deal is what leads to innocent people being wrongly charged and nothing being done to correct it. Mistakes are flubbs, this sort of decision making isn't.

click here to check out the amazing new video!
The One-Handed Pool Hustler

Last edited by JesseAllred; 07-15-2012 at 11:33 PM.

one question
Old
  (#68)
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv
mortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond reputemortuarymike-nv has a reputation beyond repute

one question - 07-15-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisEuphoria View Post
I know that I have no notoriety here, but as a dedicated pool player...I just think that it's just utterly disgusting how excited Darren Appleton got when he won 13-12 in the finals of the WPA World 9-ball championship (2012). In the semi-finals I noticed that he blatantly cheated on the first shot after the break against Naoyuki Ohi. Has he been discredited for this championship win yet? I honestly think he should be banned from this tournament as well, because it's just utterly unfair to the other players that AREN'T scum and wanna win by all FAIR means.

Oh, and here's proof for all of you ladies and gents before you pounce on me saying "proof or gtfo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbzeQgJZHlk
2:05

Feedback? Criticism? Thoughts, anybody?
Is this yours or a friend of yours video ?
MMike

MMike

Old
  (#69)
risky biz
Banned
risky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseAllred View Post
It makes me a little nauseated that so many people on this thread are giving him a pass. It's just stupidity that Kris doesn't realize that there are no spectators, no referee and Darren is racking for himself in a world championship. And the fact that so blatant a foul would have been dealt with immediately. That part is forgivable.

The fact that he angrily jumps to conclusions without researching and posts it to publicly question Darren is the part that is unforgivable. That sort of behavior and a group shrugging it off as no big deal is what leads to innocent people being wrongly charged and nothing being done to correct it. Mistakes are flubbs, this sort of decision making isn't.
I don't think anyone is that dim. I think he posted the falsehood purposely for who knows what reason.

Old
  (#70)
LucasBilliards
AzB Silver Member
LucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseAllred View Post
It's definitely not all good. It makes me a little nauseated that so many people on this thread are giving him a pass. It's just stupidity that Kris doesn't realize that there are no spectators, no referee and Darren is racking for himself in a world championship. And the fact that so blatant a foul would have been dealt with immediately. That part is forgivable.

What do you wanna do? Crucify the guy? It's funny to me that people get so mad over what somebody said about someone else. The guy said he was wrong. The way I see it, the only person that has a right to be mad is Darren Appleton himself. The holier than thou attitude some of you guys have is ridiculous. Have you never put your foot in your mouth? Calm down guys.

"The moment you feel like you've arrived is the moment you stop improving."

Old
  (#71)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2012, 03:05 AM

Sorry I don't agree. I was a public school teacher for 30 years. There are people that dim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risky biz View Post
I don't think anyone is that dim. I think he posted the falsehood purposely for who knows what reason.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#72)
seven_7days
AzB Silver Member
seven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond reputeseven_7days has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2012, 04:23 AM

In all fairness, the op did ask to have this thread deleted with egg on his face.

Old
  (#73)
Nostroke
AzB Gold Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
07-16-2012, 06:21 AM

If i were a mod and i dont want to be one, this is the type of thread id delete after the first post without thinking twice. Id also have a rule-no calling out anyone in the thread title. If you must do a topic like this-the thread title could be "Cheating at the WPC? or endless others that are 'fair'

Forces at work...
Old
  (#74)
rayshooter22
AzB Silver Member
rayshooter22 has a reputation beyond reputerayshooter22 has a reputation beyond reputerayshooter22 has a reputation beyond reputerayshooter22 has a reputation beyond reputerayshooter22 has a reputation beyond reputerayshooter22 has a reputation beyond reputerayshooter22 has a reputation beyond reputerayshooter22 has a reputation beyond reputerayshooter22 has a reputation beyond reputerayshooter22 has a reputation beyond reputerayshooter22 has a reputation beyond repute

Forces at work... - 07-16-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidy Ho View Post
I just want to be the table ....

There's a force in the universe that makes things happen; all you have to do is get in touch with it. Stop thinking...let things happen...and be...the table.

4 x National Champion
3 x ACUI Collegiate National Champion (tied for most all time)
1 x US Amateur Champion
OB Cues Player Representative

"Hard work, preparation and accountability will put you on the doorstep of success... Courage will get you over the threshold"

Visit my online store for the best deals on industry leading brand name gear!

mkt.com/LinaresProPoolDiscount

Old
  (#75)
Cornerman
Cue Author...Sometimes
Cornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond reputeCornerman has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2012, 06:52 AM

I figured I'd join this goat rodeo since I'm not about to climb on any high horse.

The original post and his follow-ups were ridiculous, idiotic and made for a good laugh in the "misery loves company" sort of way. Jumping to conclusions and misunderstanding everything and posting about it seems to fit right in with many people on this board.

To the OP, you're not getting any kudos from me for your apology because I didn't give you negative for your initial posts.

If I had a vote, I'd vote to keep the thread up and not delete it. The thread tells a nice story and every time I read the apology post, I still laugh. In a maniacal Chucky sort of way.

BTW, congratulations again to to Daz for a great tournament win!!!

Freddie <~~~ loves company

--------

Name: Freddie Agnir
Shooting Cue: 2017 Tascarella (w/blokid extension) or Schuler SC-250
Breaking Cue: BK Rush

Playing time: just a hair above zero
--------

"I don't care if you win, just cover the spread!"

- Annie Potts (Memaw from Young Sheldon)

Page 5 of 9 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: