10x5 madison brunswick balke collender company pool table

lampshade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im thinking about buy one of these tables and was wondering what people think of them and are they good... and also if i wanted to resell it in the long run if i would be able to get my money out of it?

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
im thinking about buy one of these tables and was wondering what people think of them and are they good... and also if i wanted to resell it in the long run if i would be able to get my money out of it?

Hi,
Brunswick link below if you haven't already seen.
Also restoration link as well.

IMO not the most sought after early vintage Brunswick but still very nice. Especially in mahogany. Also came in quarter sawed oak which is nice too.
Actually pretty plain. A good note is fairly easy to restore compared to other models. And when done properly looks real clean..

http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/our_rich_history/antique_tables/madison.html

See link to restoration:

http://www.billiardrestoration.com/Antique-Pool-Tables/madison.htm

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 9 ft Madison that is branded as a Sure Strike. From what I was able to find they made tables for alot of other companies and those companies put their name plate on it. Mine is all original and in excellent shape for a 70+ yr old table. The thing weighs a ton. Not the fanciest table ever but quality construction for sure. It's in my garage now, once I move to a bigger house it's going up and I'm selling my bar table. Everyone who sees it thinks it's a good looking table too.

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Bit of Brunswick History

http://www.sphericalarts.com/web/billiards

In 1890 the 38 Hanna Avenue (now #1 Snooker Street) address was assigned to the original four-story building. Over the years, space was added and in 1905 the Brunswick Balke Collender Company bought the building and began manufacturing billiard tables, cues, balls and all manner of accessories (can you see it coming?).

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree with the Hungarian.

I have a 9 ft Madison that is branded as a Sure Strike. From what I was able to find they made tables for alot of other companies and those companies put their name plate on it.

Brunswick only made tables for a select few companies, on a limited basis, so the vast majority of odd nameplates found on Brunswick tables came from mechanics and companies that serviced (and sometimes resold) the tables years later, not from companies selling Brunswick tables under their own name.

On the other hand, the Madison was easy to copy, and was copied. So if you really do have a Sure Strike table, its a Madison knock-off.

Does anyone know for certain what the original dimensions of the corner and side pockets was?

I don't remember off hand but I'm sure that Ken Hash, Derrick Tiers, John Burns, Jerimy Chambers or Joe Newell could tell you quicker than me looking it up. If you need a contact # pm me

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 1923 Madison

Not bad for 89 years old.

Attachments

• DSCN0017.jpg
    DSCN0017.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 3,003