Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page 10x5 madison brunswick balke collender company pool table

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
10x5 madison brunswick balke collender company pool table
Old
  (#1)
lampshade
AzB Silver Member
lampshade has a reputation beyond reputelampshade has a reputation beyond reputelampshade has a reputation beyond reputelampshade has a reputation beyond reputelampshade has a reputation beyond reputelampshade has a reputation beyond reputelampshade has a reputation beyond reputelampshade has a reputation beyond reputelampshade has a reputation beyond reputelampshade has a reputation beyond reputelampshade has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10x5 madison brunswick balke collender company pool table - 07-16-2012, 09:01 PM

im thinking about buy one of these tables and was wondering what people think of them and are they good... and also if i wanted to resell it in the long run if i would be able to get my money out of it?

Old
  (#2)
Hungarian
AzB Silver Member
Hungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
im thinking about buy one of these tables and was wondering what people think of them and are they good... and also if i wanted to resell it in the long run if i would be able to get my money out of it?
Hi,
Brunswick link below if you haven't already seen.
Also restoration link as well.

IMO not the most sought after early vintage Brunswick but still very nice. Especially in mahogany. Also came in quarter sawed oak which is nice too.
Actually pretty plain. A good note is fairly easy to restore compared to other models. And when done properly looks real clean..

http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/ou...s/madison.html

See link to restoration:

http://www.billiardrestoration.com/A...es/madison.htm

Old
  (#3)
LucasBilliards
AzB Silver Member
LucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeLucasBilliards has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2012, 09:24 PM

I have a 9 ft Madison that is branded as a Sure Strike. From what I was able to find they made tables for alot of other companies and those companies put their name plate on it. Mine is all original and in excellent shape for a 70+ yr old table. The thing weighs a ton. Not the fanciest table ever but quality construction for sure. It's in my garage now, once I move to a bigger house it's going up and I'm selling my bar table. Everyone who sees it thinks it's a good looking table too.

"The moment you feel like you've arrived is the moment you stop improving."

Old
  (#4)
risky biz
Banned
risky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2012, 11:27 PM

Does anyone know for certain what the original dimensions of the corner and side pockets was?

Old
  (#5)
Masirib5
Klaatu barada nikto
Masirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond reputeMasirib5 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8350

07-16-2012, 11:38 PM

Maybe ask about this in the "Talk to Mechanic" section.

--Jeff

Klaatu barada nikto

A Bit of Brunswick History
Old
  (#6)
Scaramouche
AzB Silver Member
Scaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond repute

A Bit of Brunswick History - 07-17-2012, 04:28 AM

http://www.sphericalarts.com/web/billiards

In 1890 the 38 Hanna Avenue (now #1 Snooker Street) address was assigned to the original four-story building. Over the years, space was added and in 1905 the Brunswick Balke Collender Company bought the building and began manufacturing billiard tables, cues, balls and all manner of accessories (can you see it coming?).

Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad

Old
  (#7)
Mr. Bond
Orbis Non Sufficit
Mr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Bond has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2012, 01:03 PM

I agree with the Hungarian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasBilliards View Post
I have a 9 ft Madison that is branded as a Sure Strike. From what I was able to find they made tables for alot of other companies and those companies put their name plate on it.
Brunswick only made tables for a select few companies, on a limited basis, so the vast majority of odd nameplates found on Brunswick tables came from mechanics and companies that serviced (and sometimes resold) the tables years later, not from companies selling Brunswick tables under their own name.

On the other hand, the Madison was easy to copy, and was copied. So if you really do have a Sure Strike table, its a Madison knock-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risky biz View Post
Does anyone know for certain what the original dimensions of the corner and side pockets was?
I don't remember off hand but I'm sure that Ken Hash, Derrick Tiers, John Burns, Jerimy Chambers or Joe Newell could tell you quicker than me looking it up. If you need a contact # pm me

My 1923 Madison
Old
  (#8)
BarneyCalip
AzB Silver Member
BarneyCalip has a reputation beyond reputeBarneyCalip has a reputation beyond reputeBarneyCalip has a reputation beyond reputeBarneyCalip has a reputation beyond reputeBarneyCalip has a reputation beyond reputeBarneyCalip has a reputation beyond reputeBarneyCalip has a reputation beyond reputeBarneyCalip has a reputation beyond reputeBarneyCalip has a reputation beyond reputeBarneyCalip has a reputation beyond reputeBarneyCalip has a reputation beyond repute

My 1923 Madison - 07-17-2012, 02:37 PM

Not bad for 89 years old.
Attached Images

Old
  (#9)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2012, 03:15 PM

Nice break. lol

Old
  (#10)
risky biz
Banned
risky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond reputerisky biz has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyCalip View Post
Not bad for 89 years old.
I agree. She doesn't look a day over thirty.

Old
  (#11)
thommy
AzB Silver Member
thommy has a reputation beyond reputethommy has a reputation beyond reputethommy has a reputation beyond reputethommy has a reputation beyond reputethommy has a reputation beyond reputethommy has a reputation beyond reputethommy has a reputation beyond reputethommy has a reputation beyond reputethommy has a reputation beyond reputethommy has a reputation beyond reputethommy has a reputation beyond repute

07-17-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risky biz View Post
I agree. She doesn't look a day over thirty.
OUCH!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: