Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page DAZN and Boxing Fans
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Mkbtank
AzB Silver Member
Mkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond reputeMkbtank has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-06-2019, 04:42 PM

This is very cool. Thanks for posting. I will watch for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory in DC View Post

I'm afraid that you're too laid back for my online enemy. You'll have to get a lot jerkier or I'll have to keep looking elsewhere.

Old
  (#17)
Nostroke
AzB Gold Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
12-06-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
No
Included
Wonder who is putting up 100 mil in salaries plus production costs etc? Or is this a loss leader for DAZN trying to pick up customers?

They seem absolutely helpless in the art of running an advertisement that looks like it isnt a 3rd world 50's production. JMHO

Old
  (#18)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

12-06-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostroke View Post
Wonder who is putting up 100 mil in salaries plus production costs etc? Or is this a loss leader for DAZN trying to pick up customers?

They seem absolutely helpless in the art of running an advertisement that looks like it isnt a 3rd world 50's production. JMHO
DAZN makes money off box-office,subscription and ads/sponsors.

Their fights and big sporting events are the main attraction to their subscription.
Just as HBO used to do until they stopped doing boxing b/c their main money maker became Game of Thrones.

Old
  (#19)
deanoc
AzB Gold Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2019, 05:38 PM

So I am looking to get 3.5 to 1 and you pick your favorite
GAL

PM me

Old
  (#20)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-06-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
I had no idea people still watched boxing lol
They always will.

I remember riding with my dad in his 1960 Ford Starliner and a fight came on the radio. I said "Dad, who do you think will win?" Dad said "Sonny Liston is going to murder him."

Imagine my dad's disbelief when Cassius Clay knocked out Liston, the most feared fighter of his day. I became a real fan of boxing that day and was hooked on boxing. It still is the sweet science with a long, colorful history. Although I don't really follow it closely, I love championship matches.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#21)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
They always will.

I remember riding with my dad in his 1960 Ford Starliner and a fight came on the radio. I said "Dad, who do you think will win?" Dad said "Sonny Liston is going to murder him."

Imagine my dad's disbelief when Cassius Clay knocked out Liston, the most feared fighter of his day. I became a real fan of boxing that day and was hooked on boxing. It still is the sweet science with a long, colorful history. Although I don't really follow it closely, I love championship matches.
Clay did not knock him out.
Liston quit on his stool.
Liston claimed he dislocated his shoulder.
Clay was too good. People just did not know it yet.
Liston's corner did all the dirty tricks to try to get to the kid who had insane radar. They poured hydrogen peroxide on Liston's glove and hair.
Clay was blinded for a while then he recovered and pasted Liston stinging one-two's after that .

I'm glad the heavyweights today has a few good fighters.
It was awful for a long time.

Old
  (#22)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-06-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
They always will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Liston claimed he dislocated his shoulder.
Clay was too good. People just did not know it yet.
Liston's corner did all the dirty tricks to try to get to the kid who had insane radar. They poured hydrogen peroxide on Liston's glove and hair.
Clay was blinded for a while then he recovered and pasted Liston stinging one-two's after that .

I'm glad the heavyweights today has a few good fighters.
It was awful for a long time.
The line in my area was Liston was 8-1 favorite.
I liked how Cassius talked so I wanted to bet him.
...I settled for getting 5-1....made ‘em all sick....

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#23)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's right. Remember back when you had to go to a movie theater to see a big fight? I remember seeing Frazier/Ali in the theater. Those fights were the greatest I've ever seen.

What cured me of the theater thing was Tyson/Spinx. I think I paid $25 and it was over in 91 seconds.

www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#24)
deanoc
AzB Gold Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 09:44 AM

i still go to theaters boxing on occasion

i have never seen a fight anywhere else since Ali

exactly how do you get to watch this fight
i never heard of daz etc

i amout of it

Old
  (#25)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch

12-07-2019, 03:17 PM

The biggest mistake Ruiz made was taking the re-match. Joshua danced, kept his distance and threw impressive jabs for 12 rounds. He basically won every round . I think he is a better, smarter fighter after this and should be able to handle a brawler from now on.

Wilder - Joshua, that's what I want to see.

www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#26)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

12-07-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
The biggest mistake Ruiz made was taking the re-match. Joshua danced, kept his distance and threw impressive jabs for 12 rounds. He basically won every round . I think he is a better, smarter fighter after this and should be able to handle a brawler from now on.

They had a rematch clause. He had no choice.
Biggest mistake Ruiz made was getting fat and not working out in the summer.

Joshua is not going to outbox Tyson Fury, imo.
And Wilder would KO him still.

Old
  (#27)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member
peppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree on both counts. It seems Joshua learned from his loss and fought a smart fight this time...actually using his jab, and clenching when he was in the danger zone with Ruiz. What surprised me the most is that Ruiz’s corner seemed to just dismiss the possibility that a more talented, longer Joshua would learn from the first fight and use that jab the way he should. Ruiz’s corner should’ve seen that coming, imo, and developed a strategy to get inside. There was no such plan, however, and Joshua fought a smart fight and just out boxed Ruiz for 12 rounds.

Old
  (#28)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch

12-07-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:

In the meantime, we can watch the Fury-Wilder rematch in February, which will be a big fight. I definitely want to see that one. I think Wilder will win that one to set up the Joshua fight.

www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#29)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member
peppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond repute

12-07-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tate View Post
in the meantime, we can watch the fury-wilder rematch in february, which will be a big fight. I definitely want to see that one. I think wilder will win that one to set up the joshua fight.
.............💯👍

Old
  (#30)
scsuxci
AzB Silver Member
scsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond reputescsuxci has a reputation beyond repute

12-10-2019, 06:47 AM

I think Andy Ruiz would stop Wilder no problem. Wilder has no footwork and windmill wide shots. Andys handspeed, power, and granite chin would beat Wilder IMHO.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: