Thanks to AZB and the BCA

truefan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you guys see this story? http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=9647

It seems to me to be pretty good news. The BCA launches a program to help fund pro pool and AZB jumped right in there and donated their money to help. Everyone here is so eager to bash folks all the time, anybody else think the BCA and AZB and Simonis and Tweeten deserve a hearty ATTABOY!?:grin:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
About time!!!! I would love to hear the specifics of the plan.

I may have to lay off the BCA bashing if they actually make an effort to cultivate professional pool. I would think a National model like done in European countries would be doable but it will be a monumental task......

Jerry Forsyth

All of the specifics of the plan are discussed in an article on the right hand side of the front page titled "2012 Official Contributor to International Competition Opportunity Overview". It is a great chance for those of us who believe in pro pool to step up and be counted.

EZMoney

Could this be your money?
Silver Member
great news

This will help level the playing field.
TATABOY! WAY TO MANIPULATION

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has got to be the best news for American players in decades.

But this thread has been up for over three hours already and it can only run to a couple of responses. Come on - show some enthusiasm or the BCA might think twice about this commitment.

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ATTABOY for all involved!!

See the snip below from the article referenced by the OP.

"AZBilliards has become one of the very first companies to enroll in the BCA initiative as an 'Official Contributor to International Competition.' AZBilliards joins Simonis Billiard Cloth and Tweeten Fibre (Master Chalk) as Charter Members of this aspirational group."

from AZB.:clapping:

Gerry S

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bca fund

Bump.

CSI has also committed $1,000 towards the BCA goal.
Please see press release in news column on front page.

This compliments what CSI as been preaching for a long time.
Who else will step forward?

Mark Griffin

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This seems to be a great moment for our sport. American pros have had the deck stacked against them for too long. Reduced opportunity to compete in the most elite events has really taken its toll on American pool, and perhaps this is the dawning of a new age.

Seeing the BCA stepping up to the plate like this is exciting. Once I learn a little more about this initiative, and I expect to accomplish this at Derby City, I have every intention of making a significant contribution to this effort.

pooladdiction

shut up and rack em
Silver Member
I hope I'm missing something. All I see is providing travel funds to American players to events that we probably can't watch so who cares. The only thing I care about is getting a legitimate pro tour started here. I couldn't care less if Americans don't compete overseas at all.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This has got to be the best news for American players in decades.

But this thread has been up for over three hours already and it can only run to a couple of responses. Come on - show some enthusiasm or the BCA might think twice about this commitment.

Ya vant enthusiasm?....enthusiasm ya got!:rotflmao::happydance::woot::dance::eek:k::joyful::clapping::wave3::wave2::wave:

storke

One Pocket Player
Silver Member
So look me in the eye and tell me the best thing we can do considering the current state of professional pool in america is to send these players internationally.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya vant enthusiasm?....enthusiasm ya got!:rotflmao::happydance::woot::dance::eek:k::joyful::clapping::wave3::wave2::wave:

Very good! But the fact remains is that 14 hours later you only have 9 responses to the thread. Come on America.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So look me in the eye and tell me the best thing we can do considering the current state of professional pool in america is to send these players internationally.

I can look you in the eye and say it is not enough. But it is a good start. America has some good players - Mike Dechaine, Brandon Shuff and Hunter Lombardo - whole could fly your flag higher with a sustained bout of international competition. I am sure they won't be refusing the opportunity.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Until Americans start winning these big Euro/Asian tournaments, we won't be considered the best pool players again. The big money (not just prize money, but sponsor/industry money, too) is over there where the recognized best players are playing. Our guys have to go take that reputation/recognition back. Hell, we're not even winning the U.S. Open anymore! With more exposure, we'll also learn a thing or to about how to attract money and run a real tour, totally synchronized with the amateur levels of the sport. Then, the money will chase our guys back here to where the sport belongs and you'll end up with a viable, credible, universally recognized pro tour that's marketable world-wide. This isn't the best we can do, it's about the only thing we can do.

Carolina Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to the BCA! I had thought they had abandoned the game forever in search of sales that continually went away as the game went away. Now I think they have a clue. Make the game more popular! YEESSS!

THAT just might work!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Until Americans start winning these big Euro/Asian tournaments, we won't be considered the best pool players again. The big money (not just prize money, but sponsor/industry money, too) is over there where the recognized best players are playing. Our guys have to go take that reputation/recognition back. Hell, we're not even winning the U.S. Open anymore! With more exposure, we'll also learn a thing or to about how to attract money and run a real tour, totally synchronized with the amateur levels of the sport. Then, the money will chase our guys back here to where the sport belongs and you'll end up with a viable, credible, universally recognized pro tour that's marketable world-wide. This isn't the best we can do, it's about the only thing we can do.

100% spot on!

Perfectly stated.

storke

One Pocket Player
Silver Member
I hate to break it to you but we dont currently have the best players in the world anymore. Having them compete internationally isnt going to change that. The reasons for this vary but basically comes down to very little incentive for American players. How many players here are willing to put the same amount of work into their game as Shane is. Sending them to play abroad isnt going to change that.

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't believe that we can have the pro pool scene reappear here just with a snap of our fingers. I believe that it has to be taken one step at a time. With this in mind, a plan should be formulated for this to happen. And for a plan to be formulated a core group needs to be established for just this purponse. .....:idea:

Gerry S

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
If I were a pro player being granted travel funds I sure as heck would bear down, prepare and want to perform my best. Knowing you've been backed is a natural motivator.

I look forward to this helping the US players improve. Thanks to those supporting this endeavor! :)