Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Anyone with a table against the wall?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Anyone with a table against the wall?
Old
  (#1)
mrgoob
AzB Bronze Member
mrgoob is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Anyone with a table against the wall? - 09-29-2019, 09:08 AM

I can get a 9' Brunswick Heritage in good shape for free. I know a mechanic who can install it with new cloth for $500. Trouble is I don't have a room big enough. I want to be able to work on my stroke, position play and ball pocketing drills. I do have the room to push the short side against a wall and use the other three sides of the table. I know it's not ideal, however, I figure this way at least I can practice until I can build an addition. Anyone have a table used in this fashion?

Old
  (#2)
mchnhed
I Came, I Shot, I Choked
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 09:39 AM

Is this the table?
Here is a manual.
http://www.billiardsforum.com/file/m...ion-manual.pdf

If you don't mind the loss of floor space and the cost to set it up and will use it.......

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#3)
mrgoob
AzB Bronze Member
mrgoob is on a distinguished road

09-29-2019, 09:51 AM

Thank you, that is the table. I will use it and the loss of floor space is not an issue.

Old
  (#4)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoob View Post
I can get a 9' Brunswick Heritage in good shape for free. I know a mechanic who can install it with new cloth for $500. Trouble is I don't have a room big enough. I want to be able to work on my stroke, position play and ball pocketing drills. I do have the room to push the short side against a wall and use the other three sides of the table. I know it's not ideal, however, I figure this way at least I can practice until I can build an addition. Anyone have a table used in this fashion?
My advice is...buy the table.

I have a friend who only had room for one side and one end.
After maybe 15 years...he sold the table...says his game has gone downhill since.,a lot.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

better some than none!
Old
  (#5)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

better some than none! - 09-29-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoob View Post

I can't say I have been there but I did have a chance to get a very cheap table many years ago. It wouldn't stay level, pockets like #3 washtubs, but I hit balls at least a little every day. The way the house was made there was a hall that paralleled the living room. I could walk down the hall or through the living room every time I went to get a snack or headed for the bathroom. I made a point of going through the living room and running at least one rack of balls every trip. That junk eight foot table helped my game tremendously. I did buy a set of balls that cost me more than the table did used.

I say get the table. You will soon be playing shape to avoid the dead area.

Hu

Old
  (#6)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member

JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 02:07 PM

I complain about my situation because I have plenty of spots where a wall is in the way but having an entire side gone... but I would also say to go for it. Nothing better for your game than having a table at home. You can still get better and better and it will be freeing when you get on an open table somewhere else.

Old
  (#7)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 05:58 PM

Sliding platform.

Build a sliding platform so you can move the table out from the wall when needed. Home Depot is your friend.

Lou Figueroa
wow these
are strong

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: