Attempted Break In.
Old
  (#1)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Attempted Break In. - 03-17-2017, 12:14 AM

So, last night, Wed, I get home from Pool League. I don't drink a lot when out, so brought home a small pizza and was going to have a couple of beer and play on the computer.

I have a Mora Bush Knife, made with Carbon Steel. I had given it a hot vinegar bath once, and was going to do another last night. The vinegar puts a nice black Patina on the carbon, and will help it resist rust a bit better.

I'm standing in the kitchen, and all of a sudden, Crash, Bang, Boom. my back storm door gets ripped open. It has a cheap lock on it, but, still it is difficult to open when you are on the outside trying to open it.

On the inside aluminum door, I have a half moon crest shaped window with 6 segments in it. One has to be tall, or taller than I am, in order to see thru it, unless you are standing on your toes looking out. I see this face staring in at me.

Man, at 59, and pretty much screwed up back and right leg isn't good for much, I admit, I am not as strong as I used to be.

My Blood, actually ran Cold.

Now, I had the razor sharp Mora in hand, and I have a much longer Mora Path Finder, in a Bowie style within reach by my desk.

What if I had have opened the door. There were no knocks. And, this guy would have pushed his way in, and friends would have been hiding around the corner of my house.

I would have been in some serious trouble.

After last night, I am seriously thinking about buying a hand gun, whereas, other than target shooting, I had no real use for one.

I am not a freaker by any means, and have been in a couple of past situations that necessary emotions kicked in and I handled myself quite well, but I don't mind telling you guys, as I mentioned, my blood ran cold and I was scared. First time in a very long time, I was actually scared for my situation.

I did call the Police, they came over in approx 15 minutes, so much for 911. I may have been seriously injured by then. They basically told me to take a picture with my phone if he returns and Poo Pooed it off as they left.

Well, FK me, easy to do when you get to legally carry a Glock on your hip.

A few years ago, some seniors down the block had the same happen to them. Both were killed. I would prefer that doesn't happen to me.

Bad thing was, I had my 270 apart, refinishing the stock, but had shells for it. The 7mm, no shells.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Old
  (#2)
cuejoey
25 mm chain guns matter
cuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond reputecuejoey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500
 Send a message via ICQ to cuejoey  
Lightbulb 03-17-2017, 12:37 AM

Shit can happen anywhere,anytime and to anyone...Be prepared Hog get the handgun...Same day u get it shoot it to make sure the ammo u got works in it.
The very best to u my friend.

Greater love hath no man than this,that a man lay down his life for his friends.
The best defense against evil men are good men who are skilled at violence.

Old
  (#3)
Blue Hog ridr
World Famous Fisherman.
Blue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Hog ridr has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 12:53 AM

Probably once in a long time thing Joey. But now, as I said, seriously thinking about it.

I don't ever want that feeling to come back again. That isn't a good one. Other than the knives, a feeling of Total Helplessness.

I'm not a whimp by any means, but man, that was a strange happening. And, should have things actually gone sideways on me, and the door did come in, I would have had only a very short time to react.

And that would have meant, the possibility of a loaded firearm within a short distance of me getting. Access the situation if allowed, or shoot first and ask questions later, so to speak. I will deal with the authorities later, after the ambulance takes the person away.

To play Pool, is to suffer.
To learn to be a better player, is to find some meaning in the suffering.

Dhurka, Dhurka, Allah, Muhammad Jihad

Last edited by Blue Hog ridr; 03-17-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Old
  (#4)
fan-tum
AzB Silver Member
fan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond reputefan-tum has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hog ridr View Post
So, last night, Wed, I get home from Pool League. I don't drink a lot when out, so brought home a small pizza and was going to have a couple of beer and play on the computer.

I have a Mora Bush Knife, made with Carbon Steel. I had given it a hot vinegar bath once, and was going to do another last night. The vinegar puts a nice black Patina on the carbon, and will help it resist rust a bit better.

I'm standing in the kitchen, and all of a sudden, Crash, Bang, Boom. my back storm door gets ripped open. It has a cheap lock on it, but, still it is difficult to open when you are on the outside trying to open it.

On the inside aluminum door, I have a half moon crest shaped window with 6 segments in it. One has to be tall, or taller than I am, in order to see thru it, unless you are standing on your toes looking out. I see this face staring in at me.

Man, at 59, and pretty much screwed up back and right leg isn't good for much, I admit, I am not as strong as I used to be.

My Blood, actually ran Cold.

Now, I had the razor sharp Mora in hand, and I have a much longer Mora Path Finder, in a Bowie style within reach by my desk.

What if I had have opened the door. There were no knocks. And, this guy would have pushed his way in, and friends would have been hiding around the corner of my house.

I would have been in some serious trouble.

After last night, I am seriously thinking about buying a hand gun, whereas, other than target shooting, I had no real use for one.

I am not a freaker by any means, and have been in a couple of past situations that necessary emotions kicked in and I handled myself quite well, but I don't mind telling you guys, as I mentioned, my blood ran cold and I was scared. First time in a very long time, I was actually scared for my situation.

I did call the Police, they came over in approx 15 minutes, so much for 911. I may have been seriously injured by then. They basically told me to take a picture with my phone if he returns and Poo Pooed it off as they left.

Well, FK me, easy to do when you get to legally carry a Glock on your hip.

A few years ago, some seniors down the block had the same happen to them. Both were killed. I would prefer that doesn't happen to me.

Bad thing was, I had my 270 apart, refinishing the stock, but had shells for it. The 7mm, no shells.
12 ga.,buckshot, 18" barrel, Remington 870 pump. Merely the sound of the action should do the trick.

..what..behind the rabbit?

Mossberg
Old
  (#5)
336Robin
aimisthegameinpool.com
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

Mossberg - 03-17-2017, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan-tum View Post
12 ga.,buckshot, 18" barrel, Remington 870 pump. Merely the sound of the action should do the trick.
Check out the new Mossberg stuff. They have some really cool options for home defense and theyre ready to go out of the box. Also have a pistol ready with home defense rounds loaded in them in several places that only you know where they are. A buddy of mine busted a hole in his wall near his door, installed a hole for a pistol and then covered it with paper and painted it. If anyone ever tries to get in from a door knock situation he sticks his hand through and has a pistol right there and everyday no one is the wiser.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever for $3.99!"

The Target Ball Concept-Aiming,
The Flight of the Cue Ball-Aiming Adjusted for Side Spin,
Robbing the Bank Shot!-Pass Over Banking
Change your game for a couple of Bucks! and
Comes with a lesson!

Old
  (#6)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 04:20 AM

Glad you're OK Terry. How about some motion detection lights outside your home? Cheap and convenient plus help thieves decide to move on to the next home. My elderly neighbors got some after my car was stolen out of my driveway a few years ago. Worth every cent for peace of mind.

P. S.: F U thieves!!

Old
  (#7)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

03-17-2017, 04:26 AM

I advise a dog or 2.
Dogs that bite..not yip.

Multiple reasons this is better than attempting to defend at this point.

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

336Robin "This smells of a Prid Quo Pro"

Old
  (#8)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.
j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 04:30 AM

Glad you're OK my friend. Dog, handgun, security lights....Do it all.
Best regards.
Joe P

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#9)
vasilios
AzB Silver Member
vasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond reputevasilios has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

03-17-2017, 04:52 AM

Wire the porches up for 220 and have a few throw switches about -
Gut a couple used commercial microwaves up -
add some bright lights and arching wires -
throw a switch and see what you get -

bill

Trump 1-12-19
" Wait till you see how it all ends up !! "
" You watch - will make front page news "

Old
  (#10)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilios View Post
Wire the porches up for 220 and have a few throw switches about -
Gut a couple used commercial microwaves up -
add some bright lights and arching wires -
throw a switch and see what you get -

bill
Human bug zapper aye? LOL.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#11)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

03-17-2017, 05:10 AM

Buy a Police cruiser and park it in your driveway.

Old
  (#12)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 05:12 AM

Well you have sink hole you can drop the bodies in and nobody would be the wiser.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#13)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
I advise a dog or 2.
Dogs that bite..not yip.

Multiple reasons this is better than attempting to defend at this point.
i was going to suggest the same thing-doberman

in addition to the pistol

glad nothing much happened

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#14)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRED View Post
Buy a Police cruiser and park it in your driveway.
My neighbor across the street used to park his marked cop car in his driveway facing outwards every day. Never had a problem.

Two weeks after he retired and no longer had a cruiser in his driveway, my car was stolen out of my driveway.

Old
  (#15)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-17-2017, 06:15 AM

In this day and age, with so many people feeling entitled to other people's stuff, it's unwise to not be fully prepared to defends one's property and, potentially, life.
If someone enters my home intent on ill-will and harm, they'll exit it in a complete and restful peace.
The one issue I have to grapple with is that my house is very large and by the time that someone gets to the bedrooms, assuming they're contemplating assisted suicide at night instead of daytime, they're pretty deep into my home by the time they receive their just reward. I worry about ruining so much carpet while dragging their peaceful remnants down to the front door.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: