AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smooth

Soft

Not stiff

Not whippy

Good feedback

What tip is best for this combo?

I have come to realize that the cues I use as players are very solid, but with that solidness also comes stiffness and a hardness to the hit that I always seem to be struggling with. It seems like work

I have plenty of stroke, and did not struggle to either draw or follow at all. It just doesn't seem smooth or easy.

Not sure where to look for a cue that will match what I want. Help appreciated.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
You'll likely get as many different answers as you do responses - but for me:

Frey
Production: Lucasi - or perhaps Mezz

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of a tough question,but I have found
that changing the tip seems to move my cue from one to another category

perhaps it is all in my head

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guido Orlandi. He can send you a cue to try....906-542-7069

His cues have the Conical Joint which gives the best connection of any, longitudinally straight as well latitudinally straight.

Pictures available...

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
For me, your description perfectly articulates how I'd describes my new cue from PFD Studios, aka Paul Drexler.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A higher action ferrule with a medium hard tip with a normal pro taper shaft 12.75 to 13.mm shaft would be a good fit for what you listed.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the best cues I played with as far as the hit goes is my Ned Morris. Only one I have seen around so can't say they all play that way, but I have tried many great cues and that one had the best hit to me. The spooky thing is that it had it's own personality no matter what shaft I had on it. If I had an OB with a Kamui Black, it felt like the Ned Morris, had a Players shaft with another tip, felt like the Ned Morris. Not a lot of cues I played with that had that characteristic.

The best way I could find to explain how it hit was that I could fell the hit transfer through the cue as it went from tip to back, but it still felt like a smooth hit.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That will be hard to do

Not stiff but good feedback.

I have never seen a cue with good feedback that was not stiff.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try as many different cue-makers as you can.
See if you could try someone else's cue & ask the right questions if you try a cue.
And don't be surprised if the cue owner doesn't know the answers to your questions.
A lot of players don't know much about their cue aside from the tip, and often not even that.

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me, your description perfectly articulates how I'd describes my new cue from PFD Studios, aka Paul Drexler.

Goes to show how people experience things differently. I have a few PFD's and none of them have "soft" as a descriptor for the way they hit. Could be the difference between you and me or perhaps your PFD just hits different than the ones I have.