Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Cuetec announces Carbon Fiber tentative price and....
Page 14 of 16 « First 4121314 1516

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#196)
Shawn Armstrong
Abooboo No Neck
Shawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond reputeShawn Armstrong has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-19-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Please tell me who was making a carbon fiber cue in the 80s. I think your confusing fiberglass Cuetec garbage with whatís being made today.
The Balicini line from McDermott was carbon fiber. They were made in the 90s.

Old
  (#197)
conetip
AzB Silver Member
conetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

12-20-2018, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Please tell me who was making a carbon fiber cue in the 80s. I think your confusing fiberglass Cuetec garbage with whatís being made today.
They were made in Rotorua, New Zealand, by a company that was called Kilwell ltd. They made tube products. These were sold in a lot of countries.

Neil Lickfold.
Cuttlefish Cues.
cuttlefishcues@gmail.com
Sorry, not taking any cue orders until further notice.

Old
  (#198)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-26-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
... When the tip hits the right side of the CB, sideways motion of the shaft (due to natural shaft flex) pushes it to the right against the thumb of my open bridge. Then the cue bounces to the left off the thumb causing the follow through to veer left, but the CB is long gone by the time this happens.

I sure was relieved when I saw this!
I couldn't accept that my stroke was as bad as the video seemed to imply. ...
Which is related to something I noticed way back when I was first using side spin. When I had to use, say, left side but there was a ball just to the left of the cue ball and on this side of it crowding me, I would frequently foul that ball. Of course it was the cue ball pushing the stick to the side. If I had only understood what was going on I would have had some handle on squirt about 30 years earlier.

Lots of great discoveries begin by someone saying, "Well, that's strange."

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#199)
ShootingHank
AzB Silver Member
ShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond repute

12-26-2018, 12:38 PM

What a shit.

Cuetec is synonymous for shit quality and offering it at a price near Revos?

Old
  (#200)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

12-26-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingHank View Post
What a shit.

Cuetec is synonymous for shit quality and offering it at a price near Revos?
Have you seen or hit with the new CF Cuetec shaft ??

Old
  (#201)
mannylasker
AzB Bronze Member
mannylasker is on a distinguished road

12-26-2018, 05:51 PM

SVB seems to do ok with it :-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#202)
rexus31
AzB Silver Member
rexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond reputerexus31 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 542

12-26-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhustler View Post
Have you seen or hit with the new CF Cuetec shaft ??
What do you think Russ? Just another keyboard bandit...

"What 'aint no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?" - Jules Winnfield

Old
  (#203)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

12-27-2018, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannylasker View Post
SVB seems to do ok with it :-).

Svb would do well with a cue bought at walmart and I doubt anyone commenting is any where near his level of play.

Not a player of cuetecs but I wouldnít say they make shit quality. Shit quality would be meucci who shipped out cues already warped or terrible finish. Cuetec just makes an inexpensive cue.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#204)
Joqpub4
AZB GOLD
Joqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond repute

12-27-2018, 06:20 AM

So I picked up a radial Cuetec Cynergy shaft... have a couple of radial butts to try it on... plays darn good.

I have a friend with a starkey. cf shaft and have hit some (not a lot) with a revo.

The starkey felt the stiffest (hands down) even with the soft tip that is on it. Not a bad thing, just a little different.

The Cuetec feels solid and confidence inspiring... does exactly what I tell it to do.

I donít really have enough time with a revo to make a good comparison, but my recollection was good, but a little hollow feeling.

Iím pleased with my choice.

Joe

Deco cues Triple recut w/ hickory handle
Omen Amboyna burl / Ebony (Hoppe)
Omen 2008 Ebony / Birdseye (Hoppe)
Curtis Robertson
Mike Gulassy 2005 Desert Ironwood/Cocobola
Phillippi

Sale:
Steve Dunkel Olivewood & Copper
Alex Alpert 2013 #8
Dan Dicola Ivory Windows
Mike Durbin PurpleHeart
Mike Durbin 2008 H Rosewood
Dominiak 001
Lee Peppers 2010

Old
  (#205)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

12-27-2018, 07:23 AM

Joqpub4: did you pay full retail of $449?

Old
  (#206)
Joqpub4
AZB GOLD
Joqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond reputeJoqpub4 has a reputation beyond repute

12-27-2018, 08:12 AM

And that matters??

It shoots good...

-Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curtis Robertson
Phillippi

Sale:
Alex Alpert 2013 #8
Dan Dicola Ivory Windows
Mike Durbin PurpleHeart
Dominiak 001
Lee Peppers 2010

Old
  (#207)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

12-27-2018, 08:35 AM

Well a lot of the discussion earlier was about what the street price of the cuetech shaft would be once it hit the market. And if it would be about 20% below retail like most of Cuetechís other offerings. No worries if you donít want to share.

Old
  (#208)
nicksaint26
AzB Silver Member
nicksaint26 has a reputation beyond reputenicksaint26 has a reputation beyond reputenicksaint26 has a reputation beyond reputenicksaint26 has a reputation beyond reputenicksaint26 has a reputation beyond reputenicksaint26 has a reputation beyond reputenicksaint26 has a reputation beyond reputenicksaint26 has a reputation beyond reputenicksaint26 has a reputation beyond reputenicksaint26 has a reputation beyond reputenicksaint26 has a reputation beyond repute

12-27-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joqpub4 View Post
So I picked up a radial Cuetec Cynergy shaft... have a couple of radial butts to try it on... plays darn good.

I have a friend with a starkey. cf shaft and have hit some (not a lot) with a revo.

The starkey felt the stiffest (hands down) even with the soft tip that is on it. Not a bad thing, just a little different.

The Cuetec feels solid and confidence inspiring... does exactly what I tell it to do.

I donít really have enough time with a revo to make a good comparison, but my recollection was good, but a little hollow feeling.

Iím pleased with my choice.

Joe

Where did you buy it as I'm looking but don't see it anywhere? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Old
  (#209)
Joqpub4
AZB GOLD

12-27-2018, 09:27 AM

I had a local retailer who had a few... think he is out now.

I also believe the true street price wonít settle down until the initial run on the shaft slows (and all the joints are out)... Iíve seen people raffling them for significantly higher than MSRP... if you want it now, you are going to pay... if you can wait, i think the market will get more normal

-Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curtis Robertson
Phillippi

Sale:
Alex Alpert 2013 #8
Dan Dicola Ivory Windows
Mike Durbin PurpleHeart
Dominiak 001
Lee Peppers 2010

Old
  (#210)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

12-27-2018, 01:24 PM

I've been considering getting one to try since I have like 140 in seyberts bucks but they haven't listed it for sale yet. I did just get the 12.0 prime M for Xmas, so would love to compare all 3 together as my 12.4 Revo being the 3rd.

Page 14 of 16 « First 4121314 1516

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: