International 9-Ball Open for 2020

patscue

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
It’s not too early for this announcement!
The International 9-Ball Open continues in 2020.​
See some details:
• October 25-31, 2020
• $500 Entry Fee
• $50,000 Added
• Alternate Breaks
• Races to 10, Double Elimination
• Single Elimination when down to 32 players
• Sheraton Waterside Norfolk Hotel, Norfolk, VA
• WPA Sanctioned
• 2020 BCA Hall of Fame Banquet

Comments welcome!

Thanks,

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like the $500 entry fee...two guys from my area will probably go at that price.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
See some details:
• October 25-31, 2020
• $500 Entry Fee
• $50,000 Added
• Alternate Breaks
• WPA Sanctioned

Comments welcome!

Thanks,

I’ll be there, Pat!!!!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’ll be there, Pat!!!!

Freddie, I’ve been thinking that I missed a great opportunity to sit with you through a match.
I like to flit around....but we could’ve enjoyed whispering through a match together.
...so next tournament you see me at...please save me a seat.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Will there be neutral rackers? They are absolutely critical.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See some details:
• October 25-31, 2020
• $500 Entry Fee
• $50,000 Added
• Alternate Breaks
• WPA Sanctioned

Comments welcome!

Thanks,

9 on the spot?

I'll be there.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice. I like the last 32 single elim.

Will you open the field to 256 since less entry fee? Or still cap it at 128?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Missing 2020 too. Not missing Halloween with my kids. I was hoping this event would be a yearly event for me that replaced the USOpen. Family first. Hoping for 2021.

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully no 2ball at the back.

Let's have 7 randomly racked balls instead of 6.

This event attracts the elite players. Let's make them work harder for their 'break and run outs'

Look at this years event. As they knew the 2ball was being racked at the back every time, they were trying to make the 1ball and control the 2ball near the side pocket.
And alot were very successful!

I've never understood why the 2ball is racked at the back.

Would someone care to enlighten me.

Rant over.
Thanks

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why don't you just make it Ten Ball and be done with it. We could use a good Ten Ball event in this country with some decent added money. It would also make it more attractive to the better players. Just shorten the Races to Nine and the scheduling can remain the same.

160 players at 500 each is $80,000. Add $50,000 and you have a $130,000 purse. You could pay 48 spots and still keep 30K on top.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

This event attracts the elite players. Let's make them work harder for their 'break and run outs'

Look at this years event. As they knew the 2ball was being racked at the back every time, they were trying to make the 1ball and control the 2ball near the side pocket.

Rant over.
Thanks

Even though it can be semi predictable from there, it's better then having random with a neutral racker because if the racker then places it behind the 1 or in the back then it could be considered favoritism whether it was intentional or not. Last thing we need is another reason for some players to argue over the rack.

IMO, it's better just to put it in the back and be done with it.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why don't you just make it Ten Ball and be done with it. We could use a good Ten Ball event in this country with some decent added money. It would also make it more attractive to the better players. Just shorten the Races to Nine and the scheduling can remain the same.

160 players at 500 each is $80,000. Add $50,000 and you have a $130,000 purse. You could pay 48 spots and still keep 30K on top.

CSI and Predator do have the World 10-ball now, to coincide with BCA league championships in Vegas. It will be in March next year, so in 4 months.

lou the greek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat,I like the changes a lot especially the Eurotour format which has been very successful,I.M.O the lower entry should fill the field, well done.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Missing 2020 too. Not missing Halloween with my kids. I was hoping this event would be a yearly event for me that replaced the USOpen. Family first. Hoping for 2021.

Amen, brother. I'll be skipping the Mosconi Cup this year because giving up Thanksgiving with my family is too big a price to pay to attend. Family first indeed.

patscue

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member

Rant over.
Thanks
The 2-ball will not be racked in the back. It will be placed in the row behind the 9-ball.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

With neutral rackers, nine on the spot, and alternate break, nine ball isn't broken at all, and that's just what we get at the International. As we just saw a few weeks ago in an electrifying display of world championship level pool, four of the WPA top seven ranked players finished tied for 5th or better. As a professional pool product, the International is, in my view, making the grade.

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amen, brother. I'll be skipping the Mosconi Cup this year because giving up Thanksgiving with my family is too big a price to pay to attend. Family first indeed.
Amen Brother! The International is fantastic! Kudos to Pat and Team Accu-Stats for putting on a world class tournament every year.