level table with a drift

MitchDAZB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instead of dead center, if the OP hits that second shot with a little inside, it won't roll off so much.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good info. Thanks. I can see where EXTREME accuracy is not really needed. If you were making aircraft part maybe but not leveling a pool table.

I've seen pictures posted of Mark Gregory leveling a Gold Crown using eight Starrett 12" levels per slate.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Good info. Thanks. I can see where EXTREME accuracy is not really needed. If you were making aircraft part maybe but not leveling a pool table.

There is such a thing as a level being to sensitive, making it near impossible to level a pool table.

app4dstn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was your idea/theory?

I’ve been playing almost 5years. Have owned and leveled only 1 table, my own (4 times). Not being condescending or rude, but if I don’t ask I’ll never know what you do know and miss a chance to gain by what you can contribute. Just curious.

If by chance you are referring to me. I'm not Butt hurt. I treat everyone with dignity and respect. I don't treat anyone in a condescending manner and I have absolutely no use for anyone who treats me in such a manner. As for having my hand held. I have been playing this game for over 40 years. I have leveled numerous tables of various brands across this country with Carpenters levels and by simply rolling the ball until it was true and level. I simply asked for input , I had a good idea what may be at fault but wanted others perspectives. Some offered genuine suggestions and others were rude, pretentious and condescending. I have no need of such an interchange, its a waste of time. In the end I asked my friend and recently retired table mechanic and after a long and pleasant conversation he confirmed my suspicions. I am grateful for those who helped and wish everyone a good day.

Namaste,

Billy Bones

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was your idea/theory?

I’ve been playing almost 5years. Have owned and leveled only 1 table, my own (4 times). Not being condescending or rude, but if I don’t ask I’ll never know what you do know and miss a chance to gain by what you can contribute. Just curious.

Last edited: