This is ridiculous

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Dragon Promotions posts nothing on the final sixteen and the matches have already started! I have always stood up for Charlie and what he does for straight pool but the way the results of this years 14.1 Worlds is being communicated as well as who is on the stream right now really sucks!

Wedge

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Some info

Info from email I received a little while ago:

"The final stage is set for the remaining 16 players that have pushed through the round robin and survived the double elimination round. Today everyone races to 200 points.

USA : Johnny Archer, John Schmidt, Earl Strickland, Max Eberle, Shaun Wilkie, Corey Deuel, Danny Barouty.

Europe : Thorsten Hohmann, Mika Immonen, Stephan Cohen, Ralph Eckert, Huidji See, Darren Appleton.

Asia : Efren Reyes, Zion Zvi (???)

Middle Eastern : Zaid Thweib

USA's Shaun Wilkie will take on France's Stephan Cohen today. NYC's Danny Barouty will face 2x Champion Thorsten Hohmann of Germany. And USA Champ Corey Deuel will re-match against Huidji See. Deuel gave See his first loss yesterday.

Archer and Strickland will also re-match today which the outcome will ensure a USA player in the quarter-finals as well as the Schmidt vs Eberle match will produce another American in the quarters.

If Hohmann and Schmidt win, it will set up a classic rematch from 2006 World 14.1 Championship. Both players are two of the most recognizable figures in the 14.1 world.

Efren Reyes plays a marquee match on TV Stream table today 2pm against Mika Immonen. One great champion will be going home.
http://worldstraightpool.com/livestream.html

The 2012 Predator World Tournament takes place July 29th - August 3rd. The event is produced by Dragon Promotions & Dr.Michael Fedak and proudly co-sponsored by Championship Cloth, Olhausen Tables, Amsterdam Billiards, Aramith Balls, Pool & Billiard Magazine, Championship Tour Edition Chalk, and straight pool aficionados Dr.Louis Pannullo of NYC, Stu Mattana of NYC, Ralph Rubin of MD, and Tom Gleich of NC. Co-contributors Dr.James Heller, Drew Thomas, and Charles Eames.

Brackets can be found at www.worldstraightpool.com or http://www.azbilliards.com/miscbrackets/2012world141.php"

Last edited:

marknyc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this. It's really helpful and very much appreciated.

The final stage is set for the remaining 16 players that have pushed through the round robin and survived the double elimination round. Today everyone races to 200 points.

USA : Johnny Archer, John Schmidt, Earl Strickland, Max Eberle, Shaun Wilkie, Corey Deuel, Danny Barouty.

Europe : Thorsten Hohmann, Mika Immonen, Stephan Cohen, Ralph Eckert, Huidji See, Darren Appleton.

Asia : Efren Reyes, Zion Zvi

USA's Shaun Wilkie will take on France's Stephan Cohen today. NYC's Danny Barouty will face 2x Champion Thorsten Hohmann of Germany. And USA Champ Corey Deuel will re-match against Huidji See. Deuel gave See his first loss yesterday.

Archer and Strickland will also re-match today which the outcome will ensure a USA player in the quarter-finals as well as the Schmidt vs Eberle match will produce another American in the quarters.

If Hohmann and Schmidt win, it will set up a classic rematch from 2006 World 14.1 Championship. Both players are two of the most recognizable figures in the 14.1 world.

Efren Reyes plays a marquee match on TV Stream table today 2pm against Mika Immonen. One great champion will be going home.

The 2012 Predator World Tournament takes place July 29th - August 3rd. The event is produced by Dragon Promotions & Dr.Michael Fedak and proudly co-sponsored by Championship Cloth, Olhausen Tables, Amsterdam Billiards, Aramith Balls, Pool & Billiard Magazine, Championship Tour Edition Chalk, and straight pool aficionados Dr.Louis Pannullo of NYC, Stu Mattana of NYC, Ralph Rubin of MD, and Tom Gleich of NC. Co-contributors Dr.James Heller, Drew Thomas, and Charles Eames.

Brackets can be found at www.worldstraightpool.com or http://www.azbilliards.com/miscbrackets/2012world141.php

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Thanks Dennis

The final stage is set for the remaining 16 players that have pushed through the round robin and survived the double elimination round. Today everyone races to 200 points.

Brackets can be found at www.worldstraightpool.com or http://www.azbilliards.com/miscbrackets/2012world141.php

Thanks for the info. Both of the bracket links you have at the bottom have still not been updated. But thanks for sharing the info

Frank

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is pretty sad that highly involved fans have to struggle to find the results. The media presence of the 14.1 Worlds is... unexpected, to say the least.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Zion Zvi

Zion told me he is playing Ralph Eckert at 2:00. Pretty sad when you have to call a player and bother him before a match to find out when he is playing and whom. Should have been posted by The event sponsor by now!

No worries...I told My buddy Zion to kick Ralph's ass...hope he listens!

Wedge

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Did Israel Move

Middle Eastern : Zaid

Did not know my good friend Zion was from Asia! Just kidding!

Curt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Agree

that the coverage of and postings of this 14.1 tournament has been just terrible. Even the difficulty finding who's playing whom for the streamed matches is bad just as the ease of purchasing the stream leaves soooo much to be desired. Things couldn't have done more poorly. I feel like I'm being penalized for some reason!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Mika and Efren coming up next. Schmidt just beat Eberle. I think Schmidt may play Thorsten next.

Levi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Results please!!!

Whoever is in charge of results must be a FP....???? Just saying!!:eek::eek:

stevemcqueen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
re

its a joke indeed, nobody is making an effort to give score updates! does anyone know the score with earl and archer?

stevemcqueen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
re

paying $15 a day, to sit looking at a blank screen half the day!! i hope there is gonna be more matches on the tv table after efren v immonen

i think earl bt archer yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: can't stand archer...

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Announced matches

Danny Barouty v. Thorstenn Hohmann (Schmidt plays winner)
Ralf Eckert v. Zion Zvi (Archer plays winner)
Zaid Thweed v. Darren Appleton

tv:

Efren Reyes v. Mika Immonen

2:00 p.m. matches

Deuel beat See and
Cohen played Wilkie.

I do not know who the winners play.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
paying $15 a day, to sit looking at a blank screen half the day!! i hope there is gonna be more matches on the tv table after efren v immonen

i think earl bt archer yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: can't stand archer...

No, I meant I think Earl is out of the tournament.