Last TAR ever tomorrow night

bicki

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cannot believe this!!! Just stumbled across this thread after having switched from the TAR podcast with efren and shane.... is this really happening???? it makes me sad on the one hand, but also angry on the other.

i feel ashamed for the pool fans (worldwide)! where else did u get a treat like in TAR matches? There is so many people who love pool. How can it be that TAR cud not amass enough people to get this great thing going on? I think it is only possible in pool that the top players of the world get into a head-to-head fight for honor and some cash and no one comes to see it!! Think about any sport or game out there... if they organized events like TAR in their sports, I am convinced with a little marketing they would draw a crowd that make it worth and a living for the organizers.

Is it really the 30 or 40 bucks for 10 to 20 hours of high-class pool? A nice free tourney stream reaches up to 1000 viewers or even more. TAR podcasts? in the first years it was around a 100. a 100? there is already 300 million people in the US alone!!! Europe adds half a billion potential followers. Asia might not be TAR's prime market. nevertheless, roughly 2 billion people... if only one person in a million wud watch, we would have nearly 3000 people watching it!

I am deeply sorry for justin that it did not work out with TAR. But i will remain for ever grateful to TAR for the greatest pool match-ups to date!

a true fan!
bicki

8BallWonderland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would Tar matches sell more if it also came with a DVD set of the match, so you could watch again whenever you want.
Maybe two different prices one just to watch live ppv and one which includes a DVD set
Possibly with player commentary on one of the sets.

I love the Tar matches just trying to see if there is a way to keep it going

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tar

Would Tar matches sell more if it also came with a DVD set of the match, so you could watch again whenever you want.
Maybe two different prices one just to watch live ppv and one which includes a DVD set
Possibly with player commentary on one of the sets.

I love the Tar matches just trying to see if there is a way to keep it going
What I've always wanted is all the matches available on the site and a membership fee to watch them. There is a lot to study and learn in all those great matches....

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
Thank you TAR (especially JCIN) and wish you all the best in future adventures!!!

It was great and fun while it lasted.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I'm definitely buying like I usually do. TAR was a pioneer and set a very high standard. I'll miss watching these great matches. Thanks TAR for all the great entertainment you've given me. Always leave them wanting more. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I've always wanted is all the matches available on the site and a membership fee to watch them. There is a lot to study and learn in all those great matches....

^^^This^^^

I don't have time to sit down and watch a streamed match all weekend. What little success pool did have on tv was when it was on an hour at a time. You could either put the world on hold for that hour or look it up in TV Guide, pop a tape in the VCR, and watch it anytime. In many ways, I think the old way was better.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope JCIN puts some more matches up on VOD,as there are several matches I'd like to watch.i'll admit, in the roughly 8months I've known about TAR, I haven't bought or watched it., for various reasons. It does suck that the players have one less way to make money, but they're lucky to have lasted this long. It was a very niche thing in a niche sport.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Hope JCIN puts some more matches up on VOD,as there are several matches I'd like to watch.i'll admit, in the roughly 8months I've known about TAR, I haven't bought or watched it., for various reasons. It does suck that the players have one less way to make money, but they're lucky to have lasted this long. It was a very niche thing in a niche sport.

Yup. It was just dumb luck.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
^^^This^^^

I don't have time to sit down and watch a streamed match all weekend. What little success pool did have on tv was when it was on an hour at a time. You could either put the world on hold for that hour or look it up in TV Guide, pop a tape in the VCR, and watch it anytime. In many ways, I think the old way was better.

Here you go: https://vimeo.com/tarondemand/vod_pages

Not only can you watch them whenever you want, you can watch them on your phone or tablet and download the files to keep forever.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup. It was just dumb luck.

I wouldn't say dumb luck,and I certainly didn't mean it as that.you know your audience and deliver what they like. I was talking more from a demographics standpoint. People who post on pool forums and watch pool PBS are a small group of hardcore fans. The problem with hardcore fans is that they're fickle.especially nitpicky pool players.having to rely on such a group for long term sustenance is difficult.

Last edited: