Adding triangular frame support blocks to GC III?

olgoat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the GC III I have has the GC IV type frame where the long side frame sections don't extend the full length of the table. It does not have the angle irons added to better support the short head and tail frame pieces yet and I am considering that.

My question is, there are no triangular support blocks on the frame like the GC IV has on the side and end frame sections. Is this something that is a good idea to add?

I searched for reinforce Gold Crown III frame and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the GC III I have has the GC IV type frame where the long side frame sections don't extend the full length of the table. It does not have the angle irons added to better support the short head and tail frame pieces yet and I am considering that.

My question is, there are no triangular support blocks on the frame like the GC IV has on the side and end frame sections. Is this something that is a good idea to add?

I searched for reinforce Gold Crown III frame and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.
You mean like these in the top pic: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=132657 Probably a good idea to have them. I thought the 3's had them from factory.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought some aluminum angle to support my GC4, but there are the wooden triangle supports in that pic so I’m not completely convinced I really needed to add the aluminum supports. My table was 20 years old and wasn’t sagging.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The GC 1 didn’t really need them however I added them any way
fc32fdff8dc218ae030e39ef3e4daa32.jpg

And you can see where they are along the end as well as the long board, I got the idea from a person who’s name should be stricken from my vocabulary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Basically your adding a gusset underneath to help prevent the sag, it can be wood, metal, or what ever you choose to make it out of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk