Can you share any sites where you have found used pool cues for sale?

Can you share any sites where you have found used pool cues for sale, from time to time?

Just in case not everyone here knows of these sites, here are some places where I have seen used pool cues for sale, from time to time.

Ebay, Facebook Markeplace & Pool related Facebook Groups, and Craigslist are the obvious starting places to look, but here are some others, where I have found some nice cues in the past, from time to time.

Offerup
Mercari
Letgo
Buya.com (it is a site for Pawnshops only, I believe, but many of them offer shipping, and Paypal is accepted during checkout)
Shopgoodwill (but most anything decent quality always sells for more then it is worth, in my opinion).

I almost forgot this this forum also has a For Sale section, and many very nice cues to see here for sale.

Anyways, I can't think of any other places right now, but if you know of any other sites where you have seen used cues for sale (other then the Retail sites who mostly offer Brand New cues, but might have a Used section, which do not interest me).

I mainly just love to look for vintage cues. Love vintage cues, and cues like unknown customs, and cues that have a history of being played with (from the looks of them).

Off topic, but I kind of wish I still lived in Evansville IN, because there was this guy named Shane, who had a shop there, that was attached to an arcade that he had (his place might still be open, but it has been like around 6 years since I left Evansville), and he has a large collection of used cues, and it was so cool, because you never knew what knew cues he might have available for sale, and he liked trading too, and would usually be willing to offer me trade deals on whatever I had, if I seen a cue that I really liked in his dealer cases.

I have not seen any places like that since I left Evansville, or ever. He could get you any new cue you might be interested in, at a discount off of Retail, but most (if not all) of the cues in his dealer case were used, and had a history. Many very cool cues that he had for sale, from the low in, up to the very high end, which I think he probably kept in a safe.

Anyways, always loved looking at used cues. Ebay is still the best place to look, but still like to look anywhere else possible, to maybe find something cool, to snatch a bargain on, if possible.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i ran into a man with an ivory butt szamboti in a parking lot

i bought the cue for every cent i had in my pocket,$3800

I was with Dennis Glenn and he had $500 in his pocket,he gave me the $500
to get home with.

This was about 20 years ago in Houston

The cue was one i had been looking for for years.Barry said his dad never made such a cue untill i showed him this Box cue,ivory from the wrap to the butt

i think it is the best box cue he ever made,I think Will prout has it now,
but I am not sure

I mention it because a parking lot is a strange place to find a really nice cue

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have about 35 cues. Purchased all but one at thrift stores. At my local Value Village they sell for $10 or so whether they be a vintage High end ‘whatever’ name or a mass produced brand. Cases usually $5 to $15. Ball sets around $15.

Hit and miss. Nothing for a couple weeks and then somebody must donates a bunch of billiards material...cleaning out the basement or closet.

Anyways, I hit the tool/sports section a couple times a week. I also collect vintage fishing reels, Marbles, hand tools and any other ‘curiosities’. We are somewhat well off so it’s more about ‘the hunt’ than the money. I give just every newbie in league a decent cue and case.

Re Craig’s list. People look at the listings. Also try a ‘wanted’ ad. Be specific, offer $50 cash or so for a decent pool cue and case. There’s Lots of gems collecting dust in closets, etc.

Last edited:
i ran into a man with an ivory butt szamboti in a parking lot

i bought the cue for every cent i had in my pocket,$3800

I was with Dennis Glenn and he had $500 in his pocket,he gave me the $500
to get home with.

This was about 20 years ago in Houston

The cue was one i had been looking for for years.Barry said his dad never made such a cue untill i showed him this Box cue,ivory from the wrap to the butt

i think it is the best box cue he ever made,I think Will prout has it now,
but I am not sure

I mention it because a parking lot is a strange place to find a really nice cue

That is a really cool story. Sounds like the cue is worth a fortune (much more then you paid for it). So, was the guy interested in selling, or did you just try your best to make him a large enough offer, that it would be hard for him to refuse the offer? Just curious.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the guy was on the way to a big cue show

i asked him what he had for sale

he claimed he didn't know what it was worth

i said i have always wanted one and i would give him every cent i have
i showed empty pockets and he laughed and he took the money

it was a one of a kind deal

funny we were in Denny's mercedes jeep,he drove for 5 miles without saying one word

i knew it was one of if not the best gus ever made

finally i said, quit sulking when we get back to the shop give me $3800 and you can keep it

He said no deal,i would tell you to take it ,but you wouldn't feel right
let's split it,you sell it and send me my half

and as Paul Harvey says"that is the rest of the story"

Oh yes, i sold it to Mark Griffin,sent Denny his half

Everybody ended up happy and i think Will has the cue now

This is my favorite Gus of all time,by far the most ivory