Pool Ball Manufacturer

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Fine watching are cool, but you know what I was out riding my 26 y/o bike this am, the computer on it keep track of total distance, cadence, time on ride, ave MPH, and about 3 other thing. Also tell me time of I need to check. The old Computer on the Bike is also 26 y/o, it work as long as you put a New Battery in it. I do that on January First every year. My Cycling Shoes were bought back in 1994, Leather Diddora brand, they don't look bad being over 1/4 Century Old. Leather cream, and paste polish make em look great.

Like Pool Balls a good set will last almost for ever if you care for em.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since Hungarian is on the edge of his seat, I thought I’d jump into the fray and see what I can help uncover for Boxcar since I’m an explorer by nature and profession......but, since it’s a tad early as you can see here....

e24300202c7eadae18f5d6fecab7f087.jpg

.... AND since they most likely won’t be amenable before High Noon, I’ll get the dubious double darted devils onto the table for a runaround....

~ K.

UPDATE INFO: definitely made in China as per all packing materials - cannot narrow down the exact manufacturer. Yet.

I do not believe the set you have pictured is the Renaissance. They look more like the Heirloom Set.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since Hungarian is on the edge of his seat, I thought I’d jump into the fray and see what I can help uncover for Boxcar since I’m an explorer by nature and profession......but, since it’s a tad early as you can see here....

e24300202c7eadae18f5d6fecab7f087.jpg

.... AND since they most likely won’t be amenable before High Noon, I’ll get the dubious double darted devils onto the table for a runaround....

~ K.

UPDATE INFO: definitely made in China as per all packing materials - cannot narrow down the exact manufacturer. Yet.

Thank you very much for your efforts to help me.

Boxcar

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good afternoon. :)

I believe the set was made by Xiamen Livet Sports of China.

Best wishes.

Rubik's Cube,

Thank you for your enormous and valuable contributions to the world of pool. It was very kind of you to help me in my search for information.

Best regards,

Boxcar

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... So a new category was created by the Swiss Federal Institute of Methology called ...
The official study of methamphetamine? I think you mean METAS, or the Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology, which is about measuring things.

I used to have a mechanical watch I was very proud of. Sadly, no mechanical watch will ever be as accurate at the cheapest smarty-phone, so now it's all a matter of jewelry.

Bob <-- who used to help make signal generators that were more precise than any atomic frequency/time standard

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not believe the set you have pictured is the Renaissance. They look more like the Heirloom Set.

Right you are sir! The Renaissance set is absent from the vault, with a note card in it’s place saying “Tony 3/15/20” and I’ll be darned if I didn’t forget about that I was merely trying to get Hungarian off the edge of his seat while getting my Sherlockian skills fired up.....and then dear Rubik’s Cube piped in with the details.

~ K.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The official study of methamphetamine? I think you mean METAS, or the Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology, which is about measuring things.

I used to have a mechanical watch I was very proud of. Sadly, no mechanical watch will ever be as accurate at the cheapest smarty-phone, so now it's all a matter of jewelry.

Bob <-- who used to help make signal generators that were more precise than any atomic frequency/time standard

The only exception to your smart phone is if the battery dies, internet goes down, or the power goes out.

Friend is Retired Major - USAF Navigator,he was on B - 52's with the latest electronics, and GPS. I asked Bill why even have a Navagator on such a modern aircraft.

He said were were the manually backup from take off, to landing. I had to know manually were we were in flight, correct for headwinds, tailwinds, side winder, etc. After explaining all he did on flights, I ask were you the crew member who was the busiest? He replied yes, you get what I did.

Believe he was in School like a Year to learn math, navagation, map reading etc. Very critical job.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Since this has momentarily turned into a watch thread, I’ll share my experience.

I had a Rolex for many years and sold it at a bar one night for a stack of $100 bills. Another story.

I bought a lower-end IWC and am very happy. I was surprised to see that in the higher-end watch forums, Rolex is not well-respected. Check them out if you disagree. Don’t shoot the messanger.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since this has momentarily turned into a watch thread, I’ll share my experience.

I had a Rolex for many years and sold it at a bar one night for a stack of $100 bills. Another story.

I bought a lower-end IWC and am very happy. I was surprised to see that in the higher-end watch forums, Rolex is not well-respected. Check them out if you disagree. Don’t shoot the messanger.
Rolex makes a great watch but their image of being the favored timepiece of the gold-chain "look at me" crowd sours a lot from buying one. Reminds me of the old joke about 'Vettes. Know the difference in a Corvette and a porcupine?? In a 'vette the *****s are on the inside. ;)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only exception to your smart phone is if the battery dies, internet goes down, or the power goes out.

Friend is Retired Major - USAF Navigator,he was on B - 52's with the latest electronics, and GPS. I asked Bill why even have a Navagator on such a modern aircraft.

He said were were the manually backup from take off, to landing. I had to know manually were we were in flight, correct for headwinds, tailwinds, side winder, etc. After explaining all he did on flights, I ask were you the crew member who was the busiest? He replied yes, you get what I did.

Believe he was in School like a Year to learn math, navagation, map reading etc. Very critical job.
B-52 has two, a radar/navigator who is in charge of weapons and the plain navigator who's job is mostly pacing the mission. The r/n is the guy who puts steel on the target. They get more training than the rest of the crew put together.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He'll I just run with casio g shock squares. And cheap 20$ casios. Set them one time and the watch might be off by a minute and a half after five years. I have one Oris dress watch. Its nice but in all honesty nobody cares what's on your wrist I get more compliments on limited edition g shocks than I ever do my 2500$ oris and it's a beautiful watch. Nobody cares. Where I live you get jacked for a stainless rolex. a gold one you'll get followed home then robbed at your house. Lol

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cracks me up how guys buy 15k gold watches just to wear then under a dress cuff all day...and the watch is probably off by five min or more in a month. If I pay 15k for a watch it better do alot mote than tell shitty time. JMHO

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
B-52 has two, a radar/navigator who is in charge of weapons and the plain navigator who's job is mostly pacing the mission. The r/n is the guy who puts steel on the target. They get more training than the rest of the crew put together.

I get it the guy who was the Navagator explained in great detail what he did. Honeslty his job was the most important job on the aircraft should all the bells, whistles, and ELECTRONIX go to CRAP. Then it comes down to the guy with the chart, graphs, and knows how to do math with paper & pencil.

Technology is cool, until it goes out.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard that American Heritage is closing doors for good (as of a day or so ago) with numerous dealers and distributors owed money for work done and orders placed. Proceed with caution.

~K.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We're terribly saddened to announce that the closure of our business (American Heritage Billiards) and retails stores (GreatGatherings) for some period of time due to the COVID-19 pandemic has forced the bank closure of our business as of June 25th, 2020.

Contact information for the bank is below;

Key Bank National Association
127 Public Square
Mailcode; OH-01-27-0355
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
John Hecker
Email address; John_Hecker@KeyBank.com