Wondering about Lucasi

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awhile back, I bought a Lucasi with a 5/16×18 pin. My understanding is this pin means it is from the 1996 catalog.

I was wondering how much input Bob Stroud may have had regarding this series of cues.

The stories of very poor shafts are very believable given this cue's original shaft. The idea that Mr Stroud had a hand in making this butt became believable for me when I put an OB Classic on it. This set up just pockets balls.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awhile back, I bought a Lucasi with a 5/16×18 pin. My understanding is this pin means it is from the 1996 catalog.

I was wondering how much input Bob Stroud may have had regarding this series of cues.

The stories of very poor shafts are very believable given this cue's original shaft. The idea that Mr Stroud had a hand in making this butt became believable for me when I put an OB Classic on it. This set up just pockets balls.

It's Bill Stoud.
Bill told me in an e mail that he spent parts of 7 years in China teaching the cue factory how to make Lucasi cues.
He said they make a great cue.
My Lucasi was bought 10 years ago and has pretty good shaft wood given it's price point.

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My apologies to Mr Stroud.

Glad you had good luck with your Lucasi. My cue (believe the shaft is an OB Classic but no marking) is a very sweet hitting piece .