Reload this Page Postive Covid19 Test at CSI / BCAPL event
Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Postive Covid19 Test at CSI / BCAPL event
Old
  (#1)
CallShotCowboy
AZB Rose Gold

CallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCallShotCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Postive Covid19 Test at CSI / BCAPL event - 03-17-2020, 11:41 AM

Darren Appleton just shared this on his Facebook page...
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallShotCowboy View Post
Can't believe anyone went out there in the first place. They didn't have to go. CSI should have cancelled earlier but they didn't force people to go.

Old
  (#3)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 12:14 PM

All pool halls in Utica, Syracuse, Binghamton and at last 1 in Rochester NY have closed VOLUNTARILY. We all did this on our own after the order to stop inside food and alcohol sales. I could be open now with a 50 player cap. Nobody in their right mind would subject the people they love to this outbreak.

As I drove around today I still see all number of businesses open.... Furniture shopping, buying a car? You could take your kid to the mall to the indoor playground. Jesus Christ people wake up. Stay home, stay safe.

I would think this goes without saying...
Old
  (#4)
minnesota_slim
Registered
minnesota_slim has a reputation beyond reputeminnesota_slim has a reputation beyond reputeminnesota_slim has a reputation beyond reputeminnesota_slim has a reputation beyond reputeminnesota_slim has a reputation beyond reputeminnesota_slim has a reputation beyond reputeminnesota_slim has a reputation beyond reputeminnesota_slim has a reputation beyond reputeminnesota_slim has a reputation beyond reputeminnesota_slim has a reputation beyond reputeminnesota_slim has a reputation beyond repute

I would think this goes without saying... - 03-17-2020, 12:58 PM

but now everyone who was in Vegas.... has traveled back to threir respective places on the globe. Not canceling the event before everyone traveled there was perhaps the most irresponsible thing I have heard during this crisis. Please get informed everyone- and from someone with credibility (CDC, WHO). Do not beleive me, do not beleive politicians- trust those who have spent their lives studying public health and infectious disease- and take them seriously. YOU do not know more than them unless you have a string of letters after your name as well. YOU cannot make reckless decisions that impact other people's health. In this case, this now has th epotential to create hundreds of new epicenters for disease because CSI did not, apparently, consider the advice of experts and decided to pursue their own agenda. This is not something where the decision makers can say- "oops, my bad." This decision has potentially affected coutneless pool rooms, pool players and communities worldwide- depending on where participants came from. Rant aside- I was really hoping no one at the event would be infected- because this has the potential to be the exact type of event that all the preventative measure were designed to combat.

Old
  (#5)
Rodney
hot7339
Rodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 11822

03-17-2020, 01:03 PM

There are still people out there playing today. IMO they should all quarantine themselves in Vegas for 2 weeks before traveling home. Thatís one of the reasons I didnít attend(even though we won a trip).

Old
  (#6)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member

JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 02:12 PM

If it’s true that those 2 tested positive then we will be hearing about many more soon. It’s an airborne thing and people were all close up and personal there. It’s contagious for so long and for days before symptoms.

It was crazy for all those people to gather and hen spread back to their spots of the world. It’s almost like the disease has infected their brains like Cordyceps and made them do it to help spread itself lol.

The virus doesn’t seem to be too serious to most people, but the economic impact is undeniable. The more cases, the more fear and panic, the more disruption, the harder it will be to stabilize.

Just shut down for a lil bit and give it a chance to die off, or go full blown crazy. I don’t want any In the Middle BS where I get laid off because our jobs are all shut down and everyone’s scared to build but the government and everything is still intact and I’m just a poor person in a terrible job market.

I want the walking dead or status quo

Old
  (#7)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
If itís true that those 2 tested positive then we will be hearing about many more soon. Itís an airborne thing and people were all close up and personal there. Itís contagious for so long and for days before symptoms.

It was crazy for all those people to gather and hen spread back to their spots of the world. Itís almost like the disease has infected their brains like Cordyceps and made them do it to help spread itself lol.

The virus doesnít seem to be too serious to most people, but the economic impact is undeniable. The more cases, the more fear and panic, the more disruption, the harder it will be to stabilize.

Just shut down for a lil bit and give it a chance to die off, or go full blown crazy. I donít want any In the Middle BS where I get laid off because our jobs are all shut down and everyoneís scared to build but the government and everything is still intact and Iím just a poor person in a terrible job market.

I want the walking dead or status quo
I agree with you in this to a point.
1) I think we should do what is going to save the most lives.
2) the more we flatten the curve the more damage will be done to the economy
3) this will be a huge opportunity for all of us ontheother side. America will rebuild better and stronger and most likely will accelerate moving manufacturing back onshore. This will be a huge boost for the middle class.

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Old
  (#8)
Dan_B
AzB Gold Member
Dan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 455

03-17-2020, 02:26 PM

wow, the BCA and Las Vegas - The Worlds Hot Zone,
and there wasn't any film at 6:00?

… how's Darren feel'n?
he's a healthy one isn't he?

league is down for 2 wks on a wait and see what happens napa, bca

Old
  (#9)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

03-17-2020, 02:27 PM

Appleton and Shaw shared a tub.
Just saying.

Old
  (#10)
ShootingHank
Banned
ShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 03:03 PM

The selfishness of the pool players.

Old
  (#11)
dardusm
AzB Silver Member
dardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond reputedardusm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-17-2020, 03:13 PM

I did a little digging and they aren't sure that it was pool players or even if they came from Vegas. If you go to the group Calgary Pool Scene on facebook you can see the back and forth about where the initial report came from. Just as an FYI

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. ~John Lennon

That's what a champion does, take their time in key situations ~ Scott Frost

Player: Holly/Ebony Custom Roach Cue
Breaker: Custom Roach Breaker
Jump: Custom Roach Jump Cue

Old
  (#12)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post

The virus doesnít seem to be too serious to most people, but the economic impact is undeniable. The more cases, the more fear and panic, the more disruption, the harder it will be to stabilize.
This is the truth no one wants to hear
I know several nurses here
One was at the bar with us saying people are just over reacting

Another sends me covid memes daily

Scaring everyone, which is pretty easy it seems , is the real danger

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#13)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallShotCowboy View Post
If this is true, then every player and fan who attended the event (which continues today) may have to be tested if they begin to show symptoms. I see some people on here who are still making light of this crises, but they must not be paying attention to what is happening nationally and in the world at large. This is not a laughing matter! Just because some people might fare better than others (20% is the best estimate, leaving 80% seriously ill) is no reason to act like it's no big deal if a few thousand older people (and some younger) die. And I'm being conservative when I say only a few thousand.

I will only add once more that the numbers of those infected (which is already beginning to rise rapidly) will increase exponentially when the testing is ramped up to where it needs to be. I wonder how many who return from Vegas will have been infected with this virus. It will be irresponsible for them to then endanger those they come in contact with, even if they are not symptomatic.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Last edited by jay helfert; 03-17-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Old
  (#14)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpack View Post
I agree with you in this to a point.
1) I think we should do what is going to save the most lives.
2) the more we flatten the curve the more damage will be done to the economy
3) this will be a huge opportunity for all of us ontheother side. America will rebuild better and stronger and most likely will accelerate moving manufacturing back onshore. This will be a huge boost for the middle class.
our health should be paramount, but even if money is the priority
the longer this thing drags out, the worse off our economy
in the short-term, we're obviously taking a hit by distancing
but if we can get this thing to cool down a bit
catch up on testing, give healthcare workers and facilities a break
dividends will be evident later on

A billiard table is that richest of metaphors,
by turns a theatre, an altar, touchstone, gauntlet,
ritual ground, a gunfighter's high noon, a refuge,
a verdant landscape for balls to scatter and rest in meaningful synchronicity,
a classroom, a karma dance, mirror of moods, a guide and trusted friend...

-- from grissim's "billiards"

Old
  (#15)
skip100
AzB Silver Member
skip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond reputeskip100 has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Carom Club View Post
This is the truth no one wants to hear
I know several nurses here
One was at the bar with us saying people are just over reacting

Another sends me covid memes daily

Scaring everyone, which is pretty easy it seems , is the real danger
https://www.google.com/search?q=italy+coronavirus

The barely literate Jayson Shaw's facebook page isn't exactly the place I'd look to for quality news about what's going on here.

What we can say is that there is a 100% chance that coronavirus was spreading in Las Vegas during BCA and a near 100% chance that people involved in the event were exposed. All we can do is hope for the best.

Last edited by skip100; 03-17-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: