Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Corona virus drugs on the horizon. Encouraging updates for players + loved ones
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Corona virus drugs on the horizon. Encouraging updates for players + loved ones
Old
  (#1)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Corona virus drugs on the horizon. Encouraging updates for players + loved ones - 03-19-2020, 10:41 AM

Thankfully discussed in readily understandable layman's terms, here's news on 3 drugs in development to fight the CoVid-19 virus:

https://tinyurl.com/w6xa85y

And here are very encouraging preliminary findings on some of the existing drugs (and combinations) that may be repurposed to treat coronavirus:

https://tinyurl.com/swkqg8s

Room for realistic optimism IMO that "this too shall pass" eventually. And reason to fully cooperate with all mediation practices advised by recognized experts to limit the spread while we're logistically able to stem the tide and develop every solution.

Arnaldo

“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Old
  (#2)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-19-2020, 10:49 AM

The three companies developing new therapies mentioned are all in the US. I think there must be dozens of other efforts in progress at this point.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#3)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
The three companies developing new therapies mentioned are all in the US. I think there must be dozens of other efforts in progress at this point.
Here (below) are two in-depth discussions of several international efforts (also in layman's language). Vaccine news is rapidly evolving, but is subject to many private facilities' reluctance to publicly describe their approaches and methods too early. That said, for obvious reasons there appears to be many cooperative efforts between leading countries' government-funded research arms:

https://www.pri.org/stories/2020-03-...vid-19-vaccine

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ccine-be-ready

Arnaldo

“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Old
  (#4)
7stud
AzB Silver Member
7stud has a reputation beyond repute7stud has a reputation beyond repute7stud has a reputation beyond repute7stud has a reputation beyond repute7stud has a reputation beyond repute7stud has a reputation beyond repute7stud has a reputation beyond repute7stud has a reputation beyond repute7stud has a reputation beyond repute7stud has a reputation beyond repute7stud has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2020, 11:45 AM

Yesterday, on the radio they said that the fastest vaccine approved in U.S. history was an ebola vaccine. From first trials to final approval it took six years.

Old
  (#5)
Chembry
AzB Silver Member
Chembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond reputeChembry has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2020, 01:53 PM

I work in pharma. Trust me when I tell you that the current vaccination and drug development efforts won't help this outbreak. You have to do animal studies to show efficacy, then clinical trials to show safety and efficacy (desired response). Then you have to solve the manufacturing issues and file for approval. All of those take time.

The best hope we have is to use currently approved therapeutics. Doctors can prescribe any medication if they think it will help. Currently, it seems like a cocktail of antivirals may help, but that data is still very preliminary.

"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically." Albert Einstein
I do not like it, and I am sorry I ever had anything to do with it. Erwin Schr?dinger (1887-1961) Austrian physicist. Nobel Prize, 1933. Speaking of quantum mechanics.
Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum mechanics cannot possibly have understood it. Niels Henrik David Bohr (1885-1962) Danish physicist.

Old
  (#6)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2020, 02:00 PM

Don't we have enough virus talk in the main area already?

Sent from the future.

Old
  (#7)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

03-19-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Don't we have enough virus talk in the main area already?

Sent from the future.
They spread easily

Old
  (#8)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

03-20-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
They spread easily
All the more reason to keep it in NPR

I get threads discussing its impact on pool but this one is pure NPR

Sent from the future.

Old
  (#9)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

03-20-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stud View Post
Yesterday, on the radio they said that the fastest vaccine approved in U.S. history was an ebola vaccine. From first trials to final approval it took six years.
That won't happen here. Book it.

Old
  (#10)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-20-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stud View Post
Must be true because it was on the radio?

It's actually not true.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#11)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

03-20-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chembry View Post
I work in pharma. Trust me when I tell you that the current vaccination and drug development efforts won't help this outbreak. You have to do animal studies to show efficacy, then clinical trials to show safety and efficacy (desired response). Then you have to solve the manufacturing issues and file for approval. All of those take time.

The best hope we have is to use currently approved therapeutics. Doctors can prescribe any medication if they think it will help. Currently, it seems like a cocktail of antivirals may help, but that data is still very preliminary.
What exactly do you do in pharma?

Your description of the process is erroneous.

There are provisions for accelerating the process. They have been used in the past and are being used now.

The first human trial for a vaccine started last Monday.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#12)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

03-20-2020, 06:09 PM

Good News is if this is the real deal, Pool Rooms, Pool Bars, and Leagues could be back to normal. Guess that is not important News?

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#13)
misterpoole
AzB Silver Member
misterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond repute

03-20-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
What exactly do you do in pharma?

Your description of the process is erroneous.

There are provisions for accelerating the process. They have been used in the past and are being used now.

The first human trial for a vaccine started last Monday.
And Trump 'feels good about it'.... His hopes hunches and feelings are irresponsible. He also has said its 'under control' and 'will disappear'. Trump needs to try shutting up.
Please leave this on NPR..to keep the inmates confined

Last edited by misterpoole; 03-20-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Old
  (#14)
Maxx
AzB Platinum Member
Maxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond reputeMaxx has a reputation beyond repute

03-20-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Good News is if this is the real deal, Pool Rooms, Pool Bars, and Leagues could be back to normal. Guess that is not important News?
The problem is that it isn’t.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fauc..._headlines_hed

Old
  (#15)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

03-20-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chembry View Post

Well Trump cut miles of red tape to speed up the process , seems like a arthritis and malaria drugs is something they are looking into ,but a new break though will take far less time than the normal that big pharmaceutical loves just means more money in their pocket big Pharmaceutical companies are cancer to our country in this crises I'm hoping big Pharmaceutical companies are on board and not doing their usual price gouging these are readily available easily produced like MnM's , it's still unclear of what age group it's actually working on and with that Trump should suspend all laws for buying online medications from other companies outside the country as well something that should have happened long ago

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: