Lacy's cue, in Chalmette, Louisiana looks spectacular.

I just seen a video on how huge, and spectacular this pool hall looks , on their facebook page, and I really want to visit soon.

https://www.facebook.com/lacys.cue/videos/479117465914364/

I so wish that I lived in Chalmette, because Lacy's cue looks so awesome. I never been to a pool hall as nice looking as this place looks.

I live much closer to Buffalo's, and as nice as Buffalo's is, Lacy's just looks so much nicer, in my opinion. Looks much cleaner too. Looks so much more classy.

I understand that Buffalo's probably has a lot more action going on though, and Tony Chohan is now their new house pro, so that is exciting news.

The only downer about Buffalo's though, is that they do not run any tournaments. They only run 1 tournament a year, which is a big pro One Pocket tournament, but it was canceled, due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, so it will be a year from now until the next one.

Lacy's cue runs 2 tournaments a week (8 ball and 9 ball) during normal times.

I did not mean to put down Buffalo's, because it is a really nice pool room, and it is also really huge (not sure which pool room has more tables).

Anyways, it is a really hard choice on which pool room I would rather live closer to.

I have not even got around to visiting Lacy's yet, because it is so far away, but after seeing how nice it looks, I really hope to visit soon.

One big plus that Buffalo's has over Lacy's though, is that it is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, during normal times, and they plan to go back to normal business hours on June 6th, unless the Governor decides to extend the shut down on pool halls.

Not sure about Lacy's, but their Restaurant section is now open. Buffalo's is now open too, but only for their kitchen.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I just seen a video on how huge, and spectacular this pool hall looks , on their facebook page, and I really want to visit soon.

I so wish that I lived in Chalmette, because Lacy's cue looks so awesome. I never been to a pool hall as nice looking as this place looks.

I live much closer to Buffalo's, and as nice as Buffalo's is, Lacy's just looks so much nicer, in my opinion. Looks much cleaner too. Looks so much more classy.

I understand that Buffalo's probably has a lot more action going on though, and Tony Chohan is now their new house pro, so that is exciting news.

The only downer about Buffalo's though, is that they do not run any tournaments. They only run 1 tournament a year, which is a big pro One Pocket tournament, but it was canceled, due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, so it will be a year from now until the next one.

I did not mean to put down Buffalo's, because it is a really nice pool room, and it is also really huge (not sure which pool room has more tables).

Anyways, it is a really hard choice on which pool room I would rather live closer to.

I have not even got around to visiting Lacy's yet, because it is so far away, but after seeing how nice it looks, I really hope to visit soon.

One big plus that Buffalo's has over Lacy's though, is that it is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, during normal times, and they plan to go back to normal business hours on June 6th, unless the Governor decides to extend the shut down on pool halls.

Not sure about Lacy's, but their Restaurant section is now open. Buffalo's is now open too, but only for their kitchen.

I am surprised that Lacy's does not get more attention. The last time I was there I was blown away by how nice the place was and how many tables they had. 7 and 9 foot tables ant they even had a 10 footer right in the middle. I played in a tourney there with Joey A and the place is only three minutes from my Sisters house.

There was plenty of parking and I can't wait to go back. I have not been to the new Buffalo's but you are correct Buffalo's is very much an action room. I loved it there too.

I am surprised that Lacy's does not get more attention. The last time I was there I was blown away by how nice the place was and how many tables they had. 7 and 9 foot tables ant they even had a 10 footer right in the middle. I played in a tourney there with Joey A and the place is only three minutes from my Sisters house.

There was plenty of parking and I can't wait to go back. I have not been to the new Buffalo's but you are correct Buffalo's is very much an action room. I loved it there too.

Yeah, as nice as Lacy's is, I have no idea how often I would see the pro's come through there. Buffalo's has had a lot of big action match ups, and now that Tony Chohan is there, I bet that I will probably get to see a lot of great One Pocket. Danny Smith is still in New Orleans too, but no longer the house pro at Buffalo's (whatever that means).

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lacy’s was one of the best rooms in the country. The no smoking and it’s out of the way kills it. I think they got rid of four of the blue label Diamonds. It takes me 30 minutes to get there and only five to Buffalo’s. I’ve always got action at Buffalo’s so it tough to go anywhere else.

Last edited:
Lacy’s was one of the best rooms in the country. The no smoking and it’s out of the way kills it. I think the got ride of four of the blue label Diamonds. It takes me 30 minutes to get there and only five to Buffalo’s. I’ve always got action at Buffalo’s so it tough to go anywhere else.

I think it is great that Lacy's is non smoking. The non smokers are probably very happy about that rule.

I see that Lacy's and Buffalo's are just about an equal distance from downtown New Orleans, which is surprising. I thought that Lacy's appeared to be closer to the city.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Got to question a few things

Not to offend but I have to question a few things. Bear in mind I am a few hours away from Buffalo's now, further from Lacy's. However, last I knew Buffalo ran a weekly free one pocket tournament and usually something bigger about once a month.

Also, while Lacy's might be brighter, hard to believe it is much cleaner. When Buffalo had to move to an absolute dump of a building on Airline after Katrina he still kept it spotless. Never seen the new place anything but clean too.

Other than these things, both places have their pluses and minuses. I want a shot at that ten footer at Lacy's. Buff had a snooker table for awhile but it didn't see much use and it is gone. I have a feeling that the ten footer at Lacy's is going to meet the same fate for the same reason. Hope I am wrong but I have seen ten footers come and go a few places.

Time and tide waits for no man and I'm mostly hitting balls on the back porch now. Just a bar table, all I had room for. Beats nothing, and if I ever shoot on the bar tables around here I should be in stroke to play on caca!

Hu

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That place looks fantastic...., I am certainly going to check it out the next time I am in that area.

Not to offend but I have to question a few things. Bear in mind I am a few hours away from Buffalo's now, further from Lacy's. However, last I knew Buffalo ran a weekly free one pocket tournament and usually something bigger about once a month.

Also, while Lacy's might be brighter, hard to believe it is much cleaner. When Buffalo had to move to an absolute dump of a building on Airline after Katrina he still kept it spotless. Never seen the new place anything but clean too.

Other than these things, both places have their pluses and minuses. I want a shot at that ten footer at Lacy's. Buff had a snooker table for awhile but it didn't see much use and it is gone. I have a feeling that the ten footer at Lacy's is going to meet the same fate for the same reason. Hope I am wrong but I have seen ten footers come and go a few places.

Time and tide waits for no man and I'm mostly hitting balls on the back porch now. Just a bar table, all I had room for. Beats nothing, and if I ever shoot on the bar tables around here I should be in stroke to play on caca!

Hu

The one time I asked Buffalo's about any weekly tournaments going on, or tournaments in general (back when I moved here around 9 months ago), the guy at the bar told me that they did not run any tournaments, and the only tournament they ever run is the big One Pocket tournament, once a year. Maybe they decided to start running tournaments since then, but I never asked again.

I should not have used the word cleaner when comparing the 2 places, because yeah, I am sure that Buffalo's is perfectly clean.

I just seen that video, and was in awe about how nice that place looks, and brighter is the word that I should have used instead of cleaner.

Lacy's looks like a palace for pool players. A pool players heaven.

Buffalo's is kind of intimidating.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

Hu

Hu, its good to hear that you have a table to shoot on back near the "shooting range":wink:

I have only been to Lacy's twice and the last time was the day before Joey A and I came up North to visit you. The ten footer was idle and the room was not very busy.
When you and I played last I met Buffalo and he was so busy that an introduction was all he had time for, I know that he is a very busy owner. By the way I sent you a email a few months ago but maybe I sent it to a email addy that you know longer check. PM me with your active address and we can catch up!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
rifle, pistol, or pool!

Hu, its good to hear that you have a table to shoot on back near the "shooting range":wink:

I have only been to Lacy's twice and the last time was the day before Joey A and I came up North to visit you. The ten footer was idle and the room was not very busy.
When you and I played last I met Buffalo and he was so busy that an introduction was all he had time for, I know that he is a very busy owner. By the way I sent you a email a few months ago but maybe I sent it to a email addy that you know longer check. PM me with your active address and we can catch up!

I guess I could add a skeet or trap range to finish the spectrum but we can shoot rifles, pistols, or pool. Plus varmint season is open year around which keeps the neighbors polite!

I seem to somehow share an e-mail with some guy in the empire state building. I get notices of his appointments and such. Maybe I ought to start changing them! Anyway, he might have gotten my e-mail. Last I got from you was for Christmas! Might be why a couple more people have been quiet. I figured I had just annoyed them when I fell asleep some night and the fingers didn't stop!:D

Check your rep for my e-mail. I'll keep an eye on my checking account for funds. Anybody living in the empire state building should have a lot more coin than me! Judging by his name he appears to be a mideastern sheik or something!

Hu

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin, if you go to Chalmette, do not neglect to eat at Rocky and Carlo's. And while eating there, make damn sure to get the macaroni and cheese, best in this solar system.
They're located half mile from Lacy's.

Justin, if you go to Chalmette, do not neglect to eat at Rocky and Carlo's. And while eating there, make damn sure to get the macaroni and cheese, best in this solar system.

Thanks for the recommendation. I see they have really good reviews. Really hope the governor does not extend the shutdown past the 5th, when Phase 1 is supposed to end. Then hopefully will be able to eat inside the place, and play some pool at Lacy's. Thanks.

Last edited:

Sofaking

Registered
Standard Rocky’s order

The standard order for any out of town visitor should be, veal Parmesan, Mac and cheese w/ red gravy. If you have a group of people, get someone to share a shrimp po-boy with you. They fry the shrimp to order for each sandwich...and they are huge!
I grew up in Chalmette. That place is an absolute must visit. If you get really lucky, the servers will get into a fight while you’re there and you get some extra entertainment.

thenuke

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lacy's

Can not say I have been in a nicer pool room.

Great equipment and food. A real pool supporter and great owner. You

can't beat Frank. Lacy's was the site of Onepocket.org's first member only

tournament. A resounding success. Hope we return there soon.:thumbup:

The standard order for any out of town visitor should be, veal Parmesan, Mac and cheese w/ red gravy. If you have a group of people, get someone to share a shrimp po-boy with you. They fry the shrimp to order for each sandwich...and they are huge!
I grew up in Chalmette. That place is an absolute must visit. If you get really lucky, the servers will get into a fight while you’re there and you get some extra entertainment.

Thanks for the suggestions about what to order.

That sounds really great, and lol about the servers getting into a fight. Would love to move over there, because it looks closer to the city.

I live way out in River Ridge, but really close to Buffalo's.