Reload this Page Dr. Dave Billiards T-Shirts, Mugs, Caps
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Dr. Dave Billiards T-Shirts, Mugs, Caps
Old
  (#1)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Exclamation Dr. Dave Billiards T-Shirts, Mugs, Caps - 07-31-2020, 04:35 PM

I am happy to announce something I have been working on the last few months: a new website (drdavebilliardtshirts.com) with billiard-theme merchandise. Here it is:

Check it out. I am curious to see what you guys think of the different graphic designs. If you want to get a closer look at any of them, click on the product on the main page, then click on a sub option, and then hover the mouse over the image or click on the magnifying glass icon.

I decided to create this new site after my "Got English?" T-shirt was so well received. Although, unlike with the "Got English?" T-shirt, which only came in one color option, the new shirts are print-on-demand and come in a much wider selection of graphic designs, print colors, shirt colors, shirt sizes, and shirt types; and international shipping is now supported.

Here's a video introduction:

I hope you enjoy some of my new products,
Dave

Last edited by dr_dave; 08-20-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Old
  (#2)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member

evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-31-2020, 05:42 PM

hello good dr.!
as usual, I admire your commitment to a game I love
everybody has something to contribute
but you routinely bring the noise
this said, I'm not seeing any apparel I must possess
I'm of course just speaking for myself
but a lot of the tee designs look derivative/"stock" to me
"got english?" is a cool, unique idea
but I never bought one because honestly
I was afraid someone would see it and get the wrong idea
of the designs you posted
my fave is probably "pool etiquette commandments"
tho I did get a chuckle out of
"pool is 90% mental..the other half is physical"

A billiard table is that richest of metaphors,
by turns a theatre, an altar, touchstone, gauntlet,
ritual ground, a gunfighter's high noon, a refuge,
a verdant landscape for balls to scatter and rest in meaningful synchronicity,
a classroom, a karma dance, mirror of moods, a guide and trusted friend...

-- from grissim's "billiards"

Old
  (#3)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergruven View Post
of the designs you posted
my fave is probably "pool etiquette commandments"
tho I did get a chuckle out of
"pool is 90% mental..the other half is physical"
Thanks for the feedback. I am curious to see what other people think about the designs and which might be their favorites.

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#4)
CuseFan559
AzB Gold Member
CuseFan559 has a reputation beyond reputeCuseFan559 has a reputation beyond reputeCuseFan559 has a reputation beyond reputeCuseFan559 has a reputation beyond reputeCuseFan559 has a reputation beyond reputeCuseFan559 has a reputation beyond reputeCuseFan559 has a reputation beyond reputeCuseFan559 has a reputation beyond reputeCuseFan559 has a reputation beyond reputeCuseFan559 has a reputation beyond reputeCuseFan559 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-31-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I am curious to see what other people think about the designs and which might be their favorites.

Regards,
Dave
I like the Billiard University shirt. Just bought 2 of them.

Playing Cue: Joss N-7
Break Cue: Steve Lomax
Other Cues: Eddie Cohen, Mike Lambros
Case: Whitten 2x4

Old
  (#5)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

07-31-2020, 10:19 PM

I bought the Got English T Shirt last year and am very pleased with the shirt.
So much so I intend to order it again since there’s now different color options.

Matt B.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#6)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

08-01-2020, 07:00 AM

A friend of mine had on a Got English T shirt and was confronted by a big bad Mexican guy that took it the wrong way.
It was not a fun confrontation and he does not wear it anymore.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said “I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.”

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#7)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

08-01-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseFan559 View Post
I like the Billiard University shirt. Just bought 2 of them.
I am glad you like it, and thank you for being my first customer!

I hope you enjoy the shirts,
Dave

Old
  (#8)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

08-01-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
I bought the Got English T Shirt last year and am very pleased with the shirt.
So much so I intend to order it again since there’s now different color options.

Matt B.
I'm glad your like your "Got English?" shirt, and I'm glad you also now have more options.

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#9)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

08-01-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
A friend of mine had on a Got English T shirt and was confronted by a big bad Mexican guy that took it the wrong way.
It was not a fun confrontation and he does not wear it anymore.
I've gotten a look once or twice, but once the person sees that it is about pool, they usually change their look to a chuckle. I usually wear it only in pool halls where people usually understand the "English" reference (especially when they see the shot diagram and physics equations on the shirt).

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#10)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

08-01-2020, 04:29 PM

My, you've been a busy "retiree"!

Great stuff, Dave! I already have my Got English? shirt, but I have a feeling there's more poolaphenalia in my future...

pj
chgo

Old
  (#11)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

08-01-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post

Great stuff, Dave! I already have my Got English? shirt, but I have a feeling there's more poolaphenalia in my future...

pj
chgo
Thanks Pat. My graphic designer friend and I plan to work on some more designs over the next few weeks, so there will be lots to choose from.

Catch you later,
Dave

Old
  (#12)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

08-01-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
My graphic designer friend and I plan to work on some more designs over the next few weeks, so there will be lots to choose from.
If anybody has any requests, let me know. My graphic designer friend is very good and is willing to work on requested designs. Just provide a clear and complete description and I'll see what we can do.

Thanks,
Dave

Old
  (#13)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

08-01-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Giving up that demanding "day job" really gave me lots of free time and mental energy.

I'm glad you recovered from your heart surgery well,
Dave

Nice bunch of goods...
Old
  (#14)
ceebee
AzB Silver Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Skype™ to ceebee 
Nice bunch of goods... - 08-01-2020, 05:23 PM

Nice stuff, I have a laughable question, but it might not FLY... in this day & time.

I heard this online. One guy says to a friend, Is POOL still OK to Play? His buddy replies,"I think so," & his friend replies "ain't the white ball, still knocking all the colored balls around...? I did laugh, but I look at all the shit going on & view it as nonsense, but then I've never been a racist

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
SKYPE charley.bond.inola
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Old
  (#15)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

08-01-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Giving up that demanding "day job" really gave me lots of free time and mental energy.
And we're the beneficiaries.

Quote:
I'm glad you recovered from your heart surgery well
Thanks, me too.

pj
chgo

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: