For Sale: 3/8-10 Self Aligning Modified Pin - Stainless Steel

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flat Bottom Self Aligning Pin with center drill - 3/8-10 stainless steel pin for sale, very smooth/precision machining, excellent finish in my opinion.

Material: 303 SS
Finish: electrolytic polishing as same as photo color.

weight: 1.27 oz
length: 3.11"
front thread od: 0.373"
front thread id: 0.303"
rear thread od: 0.368"
rear thread id: 0.295"
barrel od: 0.383"

tested on a gauge ( 0.308" bore size, then make 3/8-10 thread with tap ), all fits very well. and check the difference with a brass pin providing from one customer in USA, the brass pin is slight tighter than mine's even if my pin's front thread OD(0.373") is a little bigger than its(0.372"). I think the reason is the brass pin's thread peak is a little fat than mine's.

below's the price,
1-10pcs $6/ea
11-30pcs $5.5/ea
>30pcs $5/ea
shipping cost: $3.00 no matter how many pieces you take.
shipping time: 7-15 business day via USPS economy express

kindly comment on the post of your order quantity, and PM your paypal account, phone number(need put it on tracking sheet), will send invoice accordingly then.

kindly note the pins are very clean, free of burrs, every pins will get test on gage & ensure all good before delivery. but make sure you use no-wear tap & proper tools when you work on it.

Welcome Wholesale!!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 703
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 685
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:

kiinstructor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hate to sound negative but with all the different IDs and ODs, how the heck do you install these pins. The barrel is what has me confused. The look nice and ID like to give them a try but the fitting is critical. Thanks for any help. Mark

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hate to sound negative but with all the different IDs and ODs, how the heck do you install these pins. The barrel is what has me confused. The look nice and ID like to give them a try but the fitting is critical. Thanks for any help. Mark

install these pins the same way you install any modified pin, each CM has his or her own way of processing the bore for the fit on the pin I think.
Bore smallest size bore to depth(for 3/8-10 thread), then bore largest OD for barrel, tap the smallest bore for bottom of pin.
Perry

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
If you are going to ripoff a pin design, why not totally rip it off and keep the dimensions the same?

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are going to ripoff a pin design, why not totally rip it off and keep the dimensions the same?

it's standard item and exist for years, you can find it from many different resources/vendors. Did all the pins sellers make it from 1 original resources, I don't think so.
You never in need of those items, but you'd like to put your attitude for some post from what I saw. I respect it. it's for sale items, if you don't need them, why don't you just stay away, you are not the only clever here.
For technical issue, feel free to contact me, I'm willing to discuss in personally.
Thanks, Perry

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's standard item and exist for years, you can find it from many different resources/vendors. Did all the pins sellers make it from 1 original resources, I don't think so.
You never in need of those items, but you'd like to put your attitude for some post from what I saw. I respect it. it's for sale items, if you don't need them, why don't you just stay away, you are not the only clever here.
For technical issue, feel free to contact me, I'm willing to discuss in personally.
Thanks, Perry

Hi Perry
Your a gentleman from what I've seen so far. On here and in emails. I truly wish you the best of luck with your products.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Thanks, Perry

All I was asking is why you didn't copy the barrel size as well, since everything else seems Identical to Tom's pins. Am I wrong that someone sent you one of his pins so you could do it cheaper?

TKman

Registered
I think if your going to produce your own style of 3/8-10 you should change the look of the pin so they don't get mixed up with the person that makes the modified 3/8-10 pins his pins are precision and don't want to get them mixed up in the cue industry maybe you can change the radius in the front to a chamfer as for Mr. Webb you will never buy one of those pins so you should not comment on his future if you know what I mean

TKman

Registered
and if anyone whats the original 3/8-10 pins modified .308 min I will honor his 5.00 price for 30 plus pins for 5.00 ea, you know you have to earn your way in this business not just jump in and try and cut the head off the originator

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think if your going to produce your own style of 3/8-10 you should change the look of the pin so they don't get mixed up with the person that makes the modified 3/8-10 pins his pins are precision and don't want to get them mixed up in the cue industry maybe you can change the radius in the front to a chamfer as for Mr. Webb you will never buy one of those pins so you should not comment on his future if you know what I mean

Hi Tom
I wish Perry well just like I have always wished you well since day 1 when you started making joint screws.

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no offense...

there already have several suppliers providing this type of pins in the market, and I think they don't come from one resource. I make products which are widely exist in the market. about the pins, I tried to make some batch since last year, from standard pin to this FB pin, some ppl here may remind it. I paid the price but keep moved, not just jump into the pin production as you said.

about mix up the cue industry, different supplier must have size deviation, no equal item. if must distinguish my pin from others, the glue relief cut is different than a groove. about industry standard someone mentioned, size must be like this or that. I try to trace standard, but if I make wrong item, I will just be punished/abondon by the market, no threat to anyone or the industry.

about price, I start sell taps since last Apr, $10-$20/ea. some famous brand sold around $60/ea that time. nowadays, they sell around $30-40/ea.
I provide a quality item & asked a reasonable price. so even I don't sell it, someday, the market price will still drop down to reasonable. this is what I want to explain for pin also, with no offense.

Perry

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
no offense...

there already have several suppliers providing this type of pins in the market, and I think they don't come from one resource. I make products which are widely exist in the market. about the pins, I tried to make some batch since last year, from standard pin to this FB pin, some ppl here may remind it. I paid the price but keep moved, not just jump into the pin production as you said.

about mix up the cue industry, different supplier must have size deviation, no equal item. if must distinguish my pin from others, the glue relief cut is different than a groove. about industry standard someone mentioned, size must be like this or that. I try to trace standard, but if I make wrong item, I will just be punished/abondon by the market, no threat to anyone or the industry.

about price, I start sell taps since last Apr, $10-$20/ea. some famous brand sold around $60/ea that time. nowadays, they sell around $30-40/ea.
I provide a quality item & asked a reasonable price. so even I don't sell it, someday, the market price will still drop down to reasonable. this is what I want to explain for pin also, with no offense.

Perry

It's not just some screw you can find at the hardware store, it was designed specifically for cuemaking by Tom. He makes several different cue specific tools and they are all the best in the industry. You say you "try to trace standard", which I assume means you had one of Tom's pins to copy. Since you said you made some for a customer, I also assume someone from here sent it to you to have them done cheaper..whatever. A private contract is quite different than jumping into the resale market. I will continue to buy Tom's pins as I wish for him to continue. It's things like this that make people walk away and then what....?

Since you think there are a bunch of guys churning out these pins in the USA, I'll simply say you are wrong and doing more harm than you know...

On another note.. Why can't the Chinese hire someone to better translate instruction manuals???

Last edited: