$300 to $400 dollar cue needed, suggestions

Shooter1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend that need a cue and wants to pay 3 to 4 hundred for it. He'd buy new or a good used one. He doesn't care if it has an LD shaft or not. Can you give me a few brands I can tell him to look for? Thanks.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McDermott, Joss, and Pechauer are all safe bets. You can find used Schons in that price range too.

Those are brands I recommend. :thumbup:

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, those are names I recognize, I'll pass it along. thanks.

i went through that process a few months ago.
I wound up with a basic Mezz with no fancy points or anything. EC7
Love it. No complaints.
I agree with going with a big name they will always have the best resell value.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Cuetec R360 appears to be a very good cue for around $200. But that's the only Cuetec worth having. The others are pretty much junk.

r/DCP

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend that need a cue and wants to pay 3 to 4 hundred for it. He'd buy new or a good used one. He doesn't care if it has an LD shaft or not. Can you give me a few brands I can tell him to look for? Thanks.
Any Mezz cue with a WX700 shaft would be a nice choice - just a little over $400 for a new one from Seyberts. Even the least expensive Mezz model cues are very high quality and will retain a considerably higher resale value than a Lucasi, Cuetec or McDermott would, in my opinion. A lower end Pechauer model wouldn't be a bad choice, although their standard stock Pechauer shaft will have way more deflection than the standard Mezz WX700 stock shaft will.

Last edited:

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a couple of Joss and Jacoby's that would be a solid cue as well as a solid
investment.
I also have a couple of Viking Cues as well as a couple of Schmelkes.
send me a email to me at
sales@cdand.com for photo's and prices.