men's billiards on tv now

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Challenge of Champions on ESPN now.....check your listings

Thanks for the info, wahcheck.
To tell you the truth, I don't find billiards on television exciting anymore.

It's so edited and "interrupted" with commercials, I prefer to simply got to
YouTube and get my fix any way I want.

Thanks again.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know

I like Ewa Mataya, but I wish someone would tell her to stop using "perfect" in her commentary constantly.......it gets a bit annoying.........I sure would tell her if I were to meet her........

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah true, I guess the sudden death final game is a unique circumstance. Still, not used to seeing the pressure have quite such an effect, Ouschan missed that last shot by a mile, it wasn't even close to being close. .

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I like Ewa Mataya, but I wish someone would tell her to stop using "perfect" in her commentary constantly.......it gets a bit annoying.........I sure would tell her if I were to meet her........

Been going on for decades......

The game is unable to support a professional announcer, since the men's Camel pro tour....that's just the way it is.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crap

As has happened before, it did not record to the finish in Alaska. Glad to hear Shane won. So much for him not being able to win or place high across the pond.

Choke on the last game, never got to see it. On their worst day all of them shoot better then I ever shot. I would of did worse then choke, crap, $25,000 or nothing. How many of us go to work with that kind of pressure?

"Jasmines brother", looks like he is here to stay in the pool world.

All of them are great players and play the same tournament tomorrow and you might see a different winner. That is the state of pro billiards, especially in 9 Ball. Short game and many good players. At least they had to call the 9.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member

Well at least she has knowledge of the game. It's Mitch Lawrence that works my last nerve, can't play, has a limited understanding of the game. Never understood how he got into this, what's his tie to the game besides being married to Mataya's ex wife?

Thepip

David
Silver Member
I agree with you I was very disappointed that I only saw half the matches. I think Ewa and Mitch did a great job.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
A bit harsh in my opinion ... I think Mitch and Ewa did just fine.

They are professionals, but they are by no means professional announcers. The Camel Pro Tour was the only pro/pool tour that had a schooled, educated, graduated announcer working their trade, because the cigarette industry could afford Em.
I'm not knockin' em, they are doing the best they can, but they are by no means professional Sportscasters.
The game is unable to support this profession, similar to the players are totally unable to support themselves in their profession by play alone, sad but true. It's up to the new generation....YOU.... to figure out how to overcome this.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am astonished by the mistakes Ouschan made in the last game. He seems so calm outwardly but the pressure must have gotten to him.