Anyone using Q Clean and Q Glide?

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had my shaft cleaned and sealed a free months back by my tip guy. These are the products he said he used. The shaft is still smooth and clean several months later. As far as ease of use, I have no idea as i have never used it myself.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I have and have used both products. They both work as advertised. I don't use them very often, but when I do they work to my satisfaction.

Maniac

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
I have and have used both products. They both work as advertised. I don't use them very often, but when I do they work to my satisfaction.

Maniac

Likewise, I use the REVO now but when I had maple shafts they both do a great job.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used both for years I wish I could find them but Mueller Sports
doesn't carry them and a web search came up empty.
Where do you guys get them ? I would love to keep using them.
I think they are great.
Thanks

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For cleaning i use a MagicEraser with a little denatured alcohol. Takes dirt and bluing out big time.

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
I used it when I had some. The bottle I have is so small....maybe it comes in a bigger size but I haven't seen it yet.
20181225-062336.jpg

aaronataylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been using this cue cleaning system since 1990. There are four components to this shaft cleaning process: Q Clean, Q Smooth, Q Slick and Q Glide. It’s simply the best shaft cleaning system I’ve found and I continue to use it to this day.

crawf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been using this cue cleaning system since 1990. There are four components to this shaft cleaning process: Q Clean, Q Smooth, Q Slick and Q Glide. It’s simply the best shaft cleaning system I’ve found and I continue to use it to this day.
I use this system as well. Very happy with the results.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
While I do have q glide in my case, I only use it in a dire emergency. When you play a long set or a tournament, the gliding effect gradually deteriorates and the shaft becomes sticky again quite fast. I prefer to clean and wax the shaft and then use a towel for maintainance. It's not perfect, but is a more stable, long term fix. For those hot and humid days, only a glove will give you perfect consistency. Just my opinion.

Also, I do play a lot with snooker style of cues (Snooker, Blackball, Chinese 8 ball), and when I use an Ash shaft, the process is completely different, consisting of oiling, buffing and then wiping off with a towel. When I use a maple shaft, I do the same as with a regular pool cue, but the problem doesn't seem quite as severe with this style of shaft and using an open bridge.

Last edited:

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Who sells it?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started using Cue Silk a couple years back. It comes in a 2oz. bottle. I ordered mine from Ozone Billiards for $14.95
It only takes a couple drops on a tissue. Makes the shaft nice and smooth. I still have my original bottle.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Damp paper towel works fine for me. If really dirty some alcohol and paper towel works.

I just burnish with a dry paper towel.