Picone White Diamond Cue Tips ULTRA

Pamela83

Registered
Does anyone have any feedback on the Picone White Diamond ULTRA pool cue tips? I have the Mezz Kai break cue and was thinking about trying this tip on it.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have any feedback on the Picone White Diamond ULTRA pool cue tips? I have the Mezz Kai break cue and was thinking about trying this tip on it.
Just bought one. Will post a quik review as soon as i get it installed.

crawf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't comment on the new ones, but the older ones are outstanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Pamela83

Registered
Garczar - Have you had a chance to install the Picone White Diamond Ultra tip yet? Would like a review if you have. Thanks.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Garczar - Have you had a chance to install the Picone White Diamond Ultra tip yet? Would like a review if you have. Thanks.
Funny you ask. Just getting ready to post. I love it. I put mine on myself sans lathe. I used a REALLLY sharp kiradashi knife to trim excess then various sandpapers to finish. This thing really amp'd up the ball speed. Had a hard leather on before and this WDU is much better. Easy to chalk(a lot better than phenolic or g10) and breaks with pretty good control. Does have a sorta plastic/metallic sound but not as bad as a phenolic. So far(about a week) i'm diggin' it. BTW, where do you play in T-Town? If you're at Magoos when i'm around you can try this out.

Last edited:

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Why don't you like the Sonic? Brian.

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member

Hey Brian, after talking to via pm I actually picked up a Mezz Kai which I love and actually just picked up a second one for my son. But anyway, I love the Sonic tip but it is beating up my cue ball pretty badly. Havent actually had this problem with any of the other break tips I have tried. Is this something you have noticed with the Sonic tip?

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know, I just started using a brand new cb and my sonic tip does seem to be doing a number on it

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Brian, after talking to via pm I actually picked up a Mezz Kai which I love and actually just picked up a second one for my son. But anyway, I love the Sonic tip but it is beating up my cue ball pretty badly. Havent actually had this problem with any of the other break tips I have tried. Is this something you have noticed with the Sonic tip?

Sent you a PM. I've never paid much attention to it, thought they were a Plastic, I'll have to do some research. I know the G10's were destroying my Red Circles to the point I had to not let people use them. I have a measle ball, that at 3 months of play, looks like someone took a half round chisel and hammered on it for a week. Brian.

Pamela83

Registered
Picone White Diamond Ultra tip

Garczar, thanks for your review on the WDU tip. When are you typically at Magoo's? I will be at Magoo's on Sunday at 1:00 PM for BCA league. I would love to try the WDU tip out -- thanks for the offer.

Pamela83

Registered
Mezz Kai Sonic tip

Brian, I don't care for the Sonic tip because it is really hard (glazed over) and the chalk won't stick, causing me to miscue a lot on the break. Me and a couple others have scuffed it up a few times, but it pretty much stays glazed over.

Pamela83

Registered
Funny you ask. Just getting ready to post. I love it. I put mine on myself sans lathe. I used a REALLLY sharp kiradashi knife to trim excess then various sandpapers to finish. This thing really amp'd up the ball speed. Had a hard leather on before and this WDU is much better. Easy to chalk(a lot better than phenolic or g10) and breaks with pretty good control. Does have a sorta plastic/metallic sound but not as bad as a phenolic. So far(about a week) i'm diggin' it. BTW, where do you play in T-Town? If you're at Magoos when i'm around you can try this out.
Garczar, thanks for your review on the WDU tip. When are you typically at Magoo's? I will be at Magoo's on Sunday at 1:00 PM for BCA league. I would love to try the WDU tip out -- thanks for the offer.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been using my Sonic tip / Mezz break cue with a red circle cue ball, and I really don't see any damage it's doing to the ball - red circles easily have the most durable surface of the quality cue balls I've used.

I also feel the Sonic tip just feels too hard and doesn't hold chalk well, although I've never miscued when breaking with it. I'm thinking of trying either an Outsville Hammerhead tip or a Samsara break tip. I have two break shafts, so I think I may try one on each, and see which I like better. Any opinions as to a preference between the two for those that have tried both?

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been using my Sonic tip / Mezz break cue with a red circle cue ball, and I really don't see any damage it's doing to the ball - red circles easily have the most durable surface of the quality cue balls I've used.

I also feel the Sonic tip just feels too hard and doesn't hold chalk well, although I've never miscued when breaking with it. I'm thinking of trying either an Outsville Hammerhead tip or a Samsara break tip. I have two break shafts, so I think I may try one on each, and see which I like better. Any opinions as to a preference between the two for those that have tried both?

If you don't like the Sonics chalk holding ability, you'll deff not like the Hammerhead, they hold zero chalk. Love the Samsara, holds chalk, breaks hard, good control, jumps well. Brian.