one hand jacked up

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched it last night.
I fancy myself as a fairly good one handed player, after seeing that I don't think I will ever try again:eek:

Cuebuddy>>>It ain't that easy.

Pretty incredible, I think the player who won was George Breedlove. He can draw ball at will !!!!

billy bones

billy bones
Silver Member
https://www.facebook.com/sullyvisio...M9TS-yUizFrwrHTcDh7Bcsyosm1aShlwrHz5u925EtGY0

on Sullys F/B page from last night at the Scotty Towsend memorial. You gotta see this to believe it.
I've seen this many times. We called it "shooting on the Wing". I saw John Shuput ( Omaha John) do it and he was very good at it. When I shoot one handed this is how I do it "On the Wing". I can do ok , but I don't do it often enough to be consistent with it. I've also heard described as Spear Diving.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember in mid 80's George Breedlove and crew came thru Tulsa. Pretty much beat everybody. That cat can play. That one-handed stuff is stronger than cat-piss.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
George is damn good, but it's hard to tell how that would translate to a big table. I saw some of the best ever play; Goosatay! Little Miami and Raftis. The best in the modern era was Little Sergio. George is freewheeling again after cutting Jeanette loose. I love that atmosphere of a wide open poolroom full of gamblers. The South is full of them to this day and it was the same in my heyday too. The biggest scores I ever made were all in the Southern U.S. It was exciting, fun and sometimes even a little dangerous. I miss that. :wink:

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
George is damn good, but it's hard to tell how that would translate to a big table. I saw some of the best ever play; Goosatay! Little Miami and Raftis. The best in the modern era was Little Sergio. George is freewheeling again after cutting Jeanette loose. I love that atmosphere of a wide open poolroom full of gamblers. The South is full of them to this day and it was the same in my heyday too. The biggest scores I ever made were all in the Southern U.S. It was exciting, fun and sometimes even a little dangerous. I miss that. :wink:

Amen. And amen.

manopr350

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One Hand Jacked Up

Jay meant Agúzate. Passed away in Puerto Rico not too long ago. The other is Miami also from Puerto Rico. I believe he is still alive. For the money Miami was a better player playing one hand. But according to Miami, Aguzate was a better one hand player.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael "Geese" Gerace was the best one-handed player I've ever seen. I could draw his rock without the cue ever touching the table.

Anybody from Maryland who knows Geese knows this. It was always a good gaffe for action. :D

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
I saw Smokey Bartlett in Jackson,Tn back in the early 90's do the Bert Kinister shot where the cue ball is in the jaws of the corner pocket,and the object ball is 6 diamonds away in a diagonal straight line.

You not only have to make the ball but you have to draw the cue ball back in a straight enough line to scratch.

He did it 3 times in a row after miscuing on the first try,and all 3 of them were hit well enough you actually heard the ball slap the back of the pocket liner on an old 8 foot Steepleton.

This was NOT on Simonis either,this was with a normal,clean Red Circle,and clean but old rubber backed Mali cloth. Tommy D.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay meant Agúzate. Passed away in Puerto Rico not too long ago. The other is Miami also from Puerto Rico. I believe he is still alive. For the money Miami was a better player playing one hand. But according to Miami, Aguzate was a better one hand player.

Thnx for the correction on his name. He was legendary. I thought I heard about Miami passing away a couple of years back but I could be wrong. He would be near 90 now if he's still alive. Too bad you never saw Chris Raftis play. He mostly worked running pool rooms in the Midwest. Spent most of his life in Michigan and Ohio. He didn't travel much since he was working but if anyone was looking for one handed action he was always ready. He may have been the best of all three! He could run racks playing 9-Ball with his cue never touching the table. He played the conventional way (one hand holding the cue off the table) and he could also spear balls in. And draw his ball the length of the table if necessary! This all on 9' tables.

I saw him play several times in Dayton (and once in Detroit) and he just swamped the hustlers who took him on, and that included Eddie Taylor. George Rood and Russ Maddox were two of his backers. He wrote a worthwhile instructional book called Cue Tips. My dad bought a Sport King pool table from him and put it in our home in an attempt to get me out of the pool room. That didn't work out so well. :rolleyes:

Last edited: