Anyone heard of this drill?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love doing drills. This is my current favorite, that requires 2 full sets of balls plus a 3rd cue ball. 33 total balls are needed for this drill, as 2 of the 3 cue balls serve as object balls. It really needs to be done on a 9-foot table, although I’m lucky enough to have a 10-foot to do it on.

16 balls are needed on each end of the table, with a ball placed on the head spot then 5 balls evenly placed out to both side rails as well as down the center to the foot rail. The balls nearest the rails are not frozen, but at least 1/2 inch off the rails. Same is done on the other end of the table with a ball on the foot spot and 5 evenly spaced balls headed off each direction to the side cushions and end cushion, with the object balls forming a “T” on each end of the table. There are no object balls in the middle 50% of the table between the head string and the foot string.

The cue ball starts out in the dead center spot. You can shoot any ball you want to start with, but then on every shot you must alternate between shooting balls at opposite ends of the table. any order you desire, so that there will always be virtually an even number of balls remaining on both ends of the table. If you miss a shot or run in to another ball with the cue ball, you start over. The goal is to successfully run all 32 balls, alternating balls on each end of the table on every shot, without missing or disturbing another ball.

This drill mainly focuses on low outside draw using a side cushion to help get the cue ball back up table, or straight draw in the case of a dead in or nearly dead in shot. I think you’ll find this drill is a lot of fun and very challenging! Certainly as much or more entertaining than either 14.1 solo practice or playing the ghost solo practice for 9-ball or 10-ball.

Last edited: