Jack Justis Restoration, check it out...

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Thanks for the thread...my Justis case us still just fine, only a few scratches,,,patina from use. But nice to know he's there for help if needed.

Bought mine in '07. Why? John Barton was slamming them so much on these pages, I knew they had to be good...:grin:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing like a little lipstick, elbow grease and years of knowledge. Mine gets a fresh coat of leather dressing every six months or so. Jack is one of the best case makers, period! Looks pretty sweet now!!

goin2bepro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

Not to be a dick and it looks great but what exactly happened? Cleaned and polished...looks beautiful. How was the tears fixed?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Not to be a dick and it looks great but what exactly happened? Cleaned and polished...looks beautiful. How was the tears fixed?

He disassembled the case body, removed the pocket, made a completely new one with thicker leather, copying the case tooling and riveted it on, re-stretched the body of the case, cleaned the tubes and interior, touch up and polished the exterior, added a Justis engraved shoulder pad, installed a new bottom band for protection and added a gold plated tip tapper.

Did I mention he did this in less than a day? :)

Over the years Jack went with a thicker leather. Compare the before and after pictures of the pocket. It keeps its shape better and is more durable.

Last edited:

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:smile::smile:Wow!
When I saw it first, I though that you were sent just a new case. The time frame and the level of work is unbelievable.
These photos show again, that Justis is beyond normal standards!

That's a case that you and the maker can be proud of!

Best regards from Germany

Gerhard

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sold this one to: John Davis :grin-square:

Attachments

• x 1.jpg
    x 1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 85