Master Sky Blue Chalk vs Master Blue Chalk - Any Difference?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received some dozen cube boxes of master sky blue chalk. I figured hence the name, the lighter blue color might blend in better on our tournament blue Simonis cloth. I hardly see any difference when I put two new pieces of chalk next to each other - one blue and one sky blue, with the sky blue actually appearing a shade darker. We’ll try it out and see if there’s any difference how the chalk marks look on the cloth, and I’ll report back. Anyone else have any feedback on the differences they’ve experienced?

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
932af290ba212e166de62f5e55ee1a27.jpg

Master Sky on the left, old school Master Blue (pre-flag) on the right. The sky blue is just a much better color match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
932af290ba212e166de62f5e55ee1a27.jpg

Master Sky on the left, old school Master Blue (pre-flag) on the right. The sky blue is just a much better color match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see that! For some reason when I set them up side-by-side on our cloth, it didn’t look as obvious as on yours.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see that! For some reason when I set them up side-by-side on our cloth, it didn’t look as obvious as on yours.

My cloth is 860HR. I might of incorrectly assumed that you have 860HR at your room. I think the regular 860 has a slightly different tint as compared to the HR, but the sky blue is still a better match for both versions.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
One of my local rooms opened with Tournament Blue cloth using regular Master Blue chalk and got dark smudges all over the cloth. They immediately switched to Sky Blue and haven't had any problems since.

pj
chgo

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I do not like green maters. Never tried 'em fried, though.

Well I corrected my spelling error, spell check does't not work.

Got anything to say about "spell check" not being bullet proof & perfect?

BTW you need to a life, try helping with literacy with intercity kids, as a voulenteer toutor as that seems to be your cause. Perfect English.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

BTW you need to a life, try helping with literacy with intercity kids, as a voulenteer toutor as that seems to be your cause. Perfect English.

If you didn't post on the internet, no one would know about your faults

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

Class starts at 0700 sharp. Get here early. On time is five minutes late.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my local rooms opened with Tournament Blue cloth using regular Master Blue chalk and got dark smudges all over the cloth. They immediately switched to Sky Blue and haven't had any problems since.

pj
chgo
I can confirm that as others have said here, when smudging the top of the cube of chalk in to the tournament blue Simonis HR cloth, the sky blue master is barely noticeable whereas the blue master appears way darker and shows up much more on the cloth. I’m sold on the Master Sky Blue chalk for our tables!

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Around here a lot of people bring their own chalk, lots of different brands so it wouldn't matter.

Julian

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo
Yes, I’m looking forward to switching over to using exclusively master Skyblue chalk after we finish off this almost new gross box of master blue. I can’t control what people bring in for their own personal chalk, but most of them do seem to be blue.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Yes, I’m looking forward to switching over to using exclusively master Skyblue chalk after we finish off this almost new gross box of master blue. I can’t control what people bring in for their own personal chalk, but most of them do seem to be blue.
Fortunately for the room I mentioned, the owner had another room with green cloth, so he could replace the regular Blue immediately and transfer it over there - no waste.

pj
chgo

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I can confirm that as others have said here, when smudging the top of the cube of chalk in to the tournament blue Simonis HR cloth, the sky blue master is barely noticeable whereas the blue master appears way darker and shows up much more on the cloth. I’m sold on the Master Sky Blue chalk for our tables!

Dont you want to be able to see how much chalk is on the table???

I alway use Master Green, it is not messy, it works.

I have a box of Master light green, I like it, for some reason it seems a little softer and applies smoother, almost like Kamui. I have no idea why it seems different than Master blue.