Scooter, Family Man and Best Hustler in America

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you think? ----------> Promo trailer.

The fund-raising campaign begins December 1st, and the filimg begins January 2015 ---> HERE.

I like the promo. It's funny. :grin-square:

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Well, it's a step up from stealing coins from car washes, so I guess there's that. I'm hoping that impressionable youths can identify this as the tripe that it is. This series will be a nice entrant in the increasingly urgent race to dumb down entertainment around the globe.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It really is a shame about the hole he dug for his reputation before doing this.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's stupid and hope it fails. I think it will hurt pool, not help it. I have zero respect for Scooter, Tedder and their so called crew. I wonder if they did background checks on these thieves?

"Amish Mafia" didn't have any problem with their cast, some of whom had a record. This reality show was a success, even though the majority of the Amish community said it was B.S. The show had a following.

The American Road Player reality series may be similar. We all know Scooter is no angel, but I like his style when it comes to barking and generating action. First time I met him was in the action pit at Super Billiards Expo. Then I later saw him at Derby City Classic. We were with a local stakehorse/steer named Berle. Berle immediately recognized some quality in Scooter and called him over to chat with him. At the time, Scooter was a young pup.

Love him or hate him, Scooter definitely has the X Factor in pool and can generate a crowd. As such, I wish this series all the best. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I'd rather watch this series than see a bunch of emotionless robots playing mum pool. :D

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
My birthday is December 1st so I think I'll have some birthday cash coming in. Where do I send the money to donate to Scooter and this endeavor?

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Retracted statement..

"Amish Mafia" didn't have any problem with their cast, some of whom had a record. This reality show was a success, even though the majority of the Amish community said it was B.S. The show had a following.

The American Road Player reality series may be similar. We all know Scooter is no angel, but I like his style when it comes to barking and generating action. First time I met him was in the action pit at Super Billiards Expo. Then I later saw him at Derby City Classic. We were with a local stakehorse/steer named Berle. Berle immediately recognized some quality in Scooter and called him over to chat with him. At the time, Scooter was a young pup.

Love him or hate him, Scooter definitely has the X Factor in pool and can generate a crowd. As such, I wish this series all the best. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I'd rather watch this series than see a bunch of emotionless robots playing mum pool. :D

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My birthday is December 1st so I think I'll have some birthday cash coming in. Where do I send the money to donate to Scooter and this endeavor?

On Monday December 1, 2014, go to Indiegogo.com and type in “American Road Player.” Currently you can also visit our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Road-Player/1546615418894464) for more information. There will also be direct links to the campaign on azbilliards.com and Facebook starting 12.1.2014.

Donations to the campaign in the first five days (December 1st to 5th) will receive special bonus incentives including:
15% off the listed price and 50% off the Shipping and Handling for the Diamond Billiards Pool Tables and accessories that are offered through this campaign only.
10% off the Derby City Tickets and weekend packages that are offered though this campaign only.

Every donor at all levels will receive a FREE Pool Dawg tip-pick!

Source ---> HERE [Retrieved 28 November 2014]

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM, You asked what we think and I answered. Once a thief, always a thief. I've got no interest in Scooter and it would be a cold day in hell that I would ever glorify him. I don't think he's cute or funny or entertaining. A crime of moral turpitude is the worse kind. Thieves cannot be trusted, EVER!!

I hate to break it to you, Hungarian, but 99 percent of the people in this pool world have a little larceny in them. :yes:

In the words of Minnesota Fats: Ain't Nixon hustling? Ain't he out shaking hands, 24 hours a day, trying to be the President? Hey, ain't everybody hustling? Yeah, everybody's scuffling. You see, there's two different -- there's a scuffler and a hustler. A hustler is one that's always in action and gets it once in a while, see, and a good hustler gets it more often. Then there's a scuffler. He never gets it. Understand? All he ever does is waste his time, gets in everybody's way. You understand? He goes through life, and he's a failure.

Source ---> HERE

The ending to the above-referenced 3-minute video says it all: Hustling may have been the name of the game, but it was a way of life. :wink:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Retracted statement..

I hate to break it to you, Hungarian, but 99 percent of the people in this pool world have a little larceny in them. :yes:

In the words of Minnesota Fats: Ain't Nixon hustling? Ain't he out shaking hands, 24 hours a day, trying to be the President? Hey, ain't everybody hustling? Yeah, everybody's scuffling. You see, there's two different -- there's a scuffler and a hustler. A hustler is one that's always in action and gets it once in a while, see, and a good hustler gets it more often. Then there's a scuffler. He never gets it. Understand? All he ever does is waste his time, gets in everybody's way. You understand? He goes through life, and he's a failure.

Source ---> HERE

The ending to the above-referenced 3-minute video says it all: Hustling may have been the name of the game, but it was a way of life. :wink:

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM, I don't think hustling and stealing are the same thing. I don't blur that line.. I can't visualize Minnesota Fats and UJ Puckett standing at a car wash with a five dollar bill taped to a fishing line with pockets over-flowing with quarters

Here's a story you might enjoy...

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/...-from-Frankfort-change-machine-215136781.html

That is old news, Hungarian. I think every single "regular" of this forum knows about it, so I'm not sure why you're posting it up like the Town Crier. You'd be surprised who's got a record in this pool world, to include on this forum.

With that said, we all have skeletons in our closets from our past, and as such, we are all members of God's human family, capable of mistakes, errors in judgment, and not having our priorities not in line.

Everybody has a little larceny in the pool world when they match up, some hoping to gamble and some hoping to steal. You always see people looking for the edge in an action game, whether it's the rules, the equipment, or a handicap. It's all part of the game. Knowing how to apply it effectively is what separates the lions from the lambs.

You see, you could walk into a joint looking to play some, and nobody might even know you're there. When Scooter walks in a joint, if there's action to be had, he'll sniff it out and get some. That's why this reality series will be a hit, especially with the majority of the pool public.

You can sit back and watch Wheel of Fortune, but I'll be watching the American Road Player. Having lived that lifestyle myself in my younger years, I'll enjoy every minute of it. :grin-square:

ktmrider765

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM, I don't think hustling and stealing are the same thing. I don't blur that line.. I can't visualize Minnesota Fats and UJ Puckett standing at a car wash with a five dollar bill taped to a fishing line with pockets over-flowing with quarters

Here's a story you might enjoy...

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/...-from-Frankfort-change-machine-215136781.html

dude get over it.,,.he stole quarters,.,its not like he broke into somebodys home tied them up and robbed them at gun point,.,people do dumb things at times,.,.,get over it

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Retracted statement..

That is old news, Hungarian. I think every single "regular" of this forum knows about it, so I'm not sure why you're posting it up like the Town Crier. You'd be surprised who's got a record in this pool world, to include on this forum.

With that said, we all have skeletons in our closets from our past, and as such, we are all members of God's human family, capable of mistakes, errors in judgment, and not having our priorities not in line.

Everybody has a little larceny in the pool world when they match up, some hoping to gamble and some hoping to steal. You always see people looking for the edge in an action game, whether it's the rules, the equipment, or a handicap. It's all part of the game. Knowing how to apply it effectively is what separates the lions from the lambs.

You see, you could walk into a joint looking to play some, and nobody might even know you're there. When Scooter walks in a joint, if there's action to be had, he'll sniff it out and get some. That's why this reality series will be a hit, especially with the majority of the pool public.

You can sit back and watch Wheel of Fortune, but I'll be watching the American Road Player. Having lived that lifestyle myself in my younger years, I'll enjoy every minute of it. :grin-square:

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you really ask for opinions or were you looking to argue? I gave you my opinion and you disagree. That's fine.

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion. I am engaging in a back-and-forth on a thread I initiated. I have replied to others, as well. Don't feel like you're so special. Seems to me like you're the one looking for an argument. I'm just trying to engage others in a productive colloquy about a reality series on pool. After all, this is a pool forum, last time I checked.

Anonymous people who hide their identity behind a computer monitor really shouldn't throw bricks at others. It's kind of cowardly.