Team USA Excuse Thread -- Please Leave Blank

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As we don't need any excuses, we just need to win.

For a change, let's give everyone a break
and just let the cues speak next year. :thumbup:

but but but
shane didnt have his pink shirt or his favourite glove,
it wasn't 10 ball race to 100 no pee breaks
stupid short format
euros get all the rolls have done last 8 years
crowd to noisy
jet lag
table is too easy
table is too fast
break rule is stupid

crow

Caw Caw
Silver Member
but but but
shane didnt have his pink shirt or his favourite glove,
it wasn't 10 ball race to 100 no pee breaks
stupid short format
euros get all the rolls have done last 8 years
crowd to noisy
jet lag
table is too easy
table is too fast
break rule is stupid

To be honest there is one valid excuse we haven't considered, USA dogs it too much so just pass out nerve pills and problem adverted.

We should have two pee breaks per match though a full bladder is nothing to mess with.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Team USA needs led, not taught. Matchroom, I have my team picked for next year, lets get a press announcement together.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
US team needs more focus, more concentration...........maybe they should've taken Adderall.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
To be honest there is one valid excuse we haven't considered, USA dogs it too much so just pass out nerve pills and problem adverted.

We should have two pee breaks per match though a full bladder is nothing to mess with.

I would get this shit straightened out Crow..... I didn't see any swagger and confidence whatsoever. Practice and drills only gets you so far at that level, I'd get their heads right. I'm ready to announce my team.

crow

Caw Caw
Silver Member
I would get this shit straightened out Crow..... I didn't see any swagger and confidence whatsoever. Practice and drills only gets you so far at that level, I'd get their heads right. I'm ready to announce my team.

I say losing team gets zero, maybe that would motivate them more? When I played if I got money for losing I prob wouldn't have fought as hard. Seriously though hopefully they don't go with a more competitive continent in the world besides America in years to come

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Team USA lost b/c the other 3 non chosen players didnt come along to cheerlead the team on.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good point!

The TEAM didn't look confident from the moment they walked out for the first match.

Gary

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I accidentally forgot to take off my Union Jack pillow cases.
That, and I ate mushy peas and Kippers for supper last night.

Sorry bout that. I will try and not let it happen again next year.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to team Europe

Congrats to team Europe the better team won they played great
better luck next year to team USA IMG_5040.jpg

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We need Pros!

US team needs more focus, more concentration...........maybe they should've taken Adderall.

We have some good players, we just have to many "Near Pro Players" and not enough "Pro Players". We should rethink our expectation and realize that if we put a team together that gets close and provides some entertainment, we've done good based on the players we can put on the field.

The Euro's can bring 3 maybe 4 full 5 man teams. We cant put together 1.

The USA has 3 guys that can play consistent "Pro Level Pool" and that's it, SVB, ARCHER AND RODNEY.

Lots of young guys in the Hunt, maybe next year?

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
It was a tough loss. Shane struggled as did most of the team and it was a team effort.
All of the 5 players on the US team are capable of playing perfect. As far as MW goes, I've got tons of respect for him and though I would have liked to see MD on the team I just don't think it would have made the difference unless Mike was just on fire. It's a high pressure situation and I'm sure the guys are devastated. I think we need to make the players compete for points for tournament wins/finishes and travel rewarded . Mark is a smart man and I'm sure he is focusing on next year already..

crow

Caw Caw
Silver Member

Ready to hear your announcement

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In 2013, our problems were similar.

1) We had a player who had gone 6-0 in the 2012 Mosconi Cup in Archer but he played poorly. In 2014, once again, the player that figured to be our anchor played poorly.

2) Shane was winless in singles in the 2013 event. Same thing in 2014.

3) On the 2013 team, we had a player who had won one of the toughest events of the year in Rodney Morris, the US Open 10-ball champion, but he didn't perform. Makes me think of Bergman this year, who won at Hard Times, beating Biado in the final to win the event. Bergman didn't play well in the Mosconi.

4) In 2013, we had two guys who were several years displaced from playing their best pool in Strickland and Hatch, two players whose best days were surely behind them. This year's team had Deuel and Schmidt, who are also on the downside of their careers.

Same old same old. Let's lose the veterans on the downside of their careers and go young. Shane, Mike D, Justin H, Justin B, Skylar W would have been a team with four guys in their twenties and if we had wanted to rebuild, we could have gone young. We didn't do it this year. Maybe next year.

Last edited:

raypoitra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good job USA.... I wish people would quit bashing players and give them some respect. Until you are there shooting under the same pressure and lights you shouldn't be saying not a Damm thing.

chelseagrinder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very sad PERIOD

I am here in Blackpool to watch and I was extremely disappointed. Bottom line is USA overall played like A players not World Class players.

Glad both Justin's did well. I will leave criticisms of player selections to others.

Awful

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Looks like I was correct in deciding to just watch old re-runs of Gunsmoke & Have Gun - Will Travel.

Must have been a huge let-down, especially for those of you in attendance.

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We need more young kids hanging around pool halls and bars instead of going home and playing computer games. What is wrong with our culture?