Anybody here play golf? Any video material available?

kiddcutty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just started playing a little golf on a 12x6 snooker table with a few of the older gentlemen in the corner of our pool room. Man what a game! Reminds me a lot of one pocket! Lots of moves and multiple rail banks and kicks to learn.

I guess my question is regarding the fact that I cannot find any good video or strategic info on the game? Is the game dead?

Thanks in advance.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just started playing a little golf on a 12x6 snooker table with a few of the older gentlemen in the corner of our pool room. Man what a game! Reminds me a lot of one pocket! Lots of moves and multiple rail banks and kicks to learn.

I guess my question is regarding the fact that I cannot find any good video or strategic info on the game? Is the game dead?

Thanks in advance.

Its not dead, but its never been a game that videos have been made about.

See if you can keep playing them cheap and learn. 5-1 is a good cheap game to learn on, 10-1 starts getting a little more serious. 20-2 on up, guys are really trying to win.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's played a lot in Tulsa. Usually 3-4 handed, $5&1 or $10-2. Been some good heads-up lately at $300-30. 9ball's kinda died around here, it's all one-hole or golf.

kiddcutty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a fun game and I'm going to spend a few months just focusing on golf for now.

Question regarding LD shafts... I play with a custom with a regular 11.5 hard maple shafts with ivory ferrules it's just the hit I prefer and never got into predator or anything like that. BUT now.. im kinda seeing where the pros could be useful on such a big table with little room for error.
I didn't see any of the other guys using them just wondering if there's some science behind my theory.

Thanks for the response guys!

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I always wished that someone filmed the Hardtimes golf game as I miss being out there to watch it in person.

vrob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Golf

There is some video of Shane @ Hardtimes playing golf on the big table, but the camera work is tough to watch. Table plays pretty tough! Should be able to find it pretty easy on Youtube, if not ill post a link.

dawgcpa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Golf video

I'm a member with tvmike. He charges 7 per month recurring for his streaming and video library. He has golf videos in his library.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks in advance.

Golf has always enjoyed a popular following, but only in certain areas..The larger cities, Denver, Alburqurque, Phoenix, and LA, have always had a pretty regular 'ring golf crowd'! Other smaller places appear from time to time..Some really catch on, and a very regular golf game will emerge!

There are so many different rule sets, and they can vary greatly, from room to room, often within the same city! When played correctly, it can be every bit as challenging as any game on green felt, especially 'head up' action. Very few video's (that I know of) exist! Before I took up one pocket, golf was my favorite game..Still is, but the chances to play, have always been few, and far between..Whereas, 1P and 8,9,10 ball can be found anywhere..Good luck finding more info! ;)