How good was Mike Coltrain?

I am not sure if I spelled his name correctly, but I assume you guys know who I am talking g about.

I heard that he was on the mosconi cup team one year.

I never seen him play, and am just curious how good he was.

I heard he lives in north Carolina.

Hopefully his life is going okay.

Thanks.

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
In his day he was one of the top players on tour. He owns a Booster Juice or Quiznos or something in North Carolina now, I believe.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was a good middle of the road level playing pro.

Scott Smith loved him as he would always blow a 'train whistle' when he introduced him.

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
I saw him play a few times. It took a top pro to beat him consistently. I heard he got sick and had to quit.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coaltrain played pretty sporty... I saw him & Busty go hill-hill at a Camel Tour Stop in Tulsa. He missed an obtuse cut in the 4 hole to let Busty get the win.

Too bad he's not around anymore.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
He had the prettiest stroke I ever saw.
Luat gave him the 7-ball at Hard Times and he robbed Luat.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not sure if I spelled his name correctly, but I assume you guys know who I am talking g about.

Thanks.

I think he had a nervous disorder that made his arms tremble and that held him back.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played him in nc 2000-2005(?) And he had significant tremors going on.

He was definitely one to be wary of playing in the mid 90s though.

Classy guy too, in my experience.

Search term: coltrain :slap:

He had a tremble in his shooting arm that stopped him from playing.

That is really very sad. I had his Justis case for a short time (won it in an ebay auction, from Jack Justis). I loved that case, but eventually had to sell it. I was just always curious about Mike Coltrain. I heard of him, but never knew how good he was, and never seen him play.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Mike was a very good player in the mid 90's. On any given day you didn't have to like it no matter who you were.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike was a pro level player in every way. His stroke was pure until he suffered his nerve disorder. As I recall it only affected his right arm which was odd to say the least. I do not believe they ever discovered what caused it or a cure. He and Johnny were great friends when he was playing and I am sure they still are today. Mike was a class act, wish him all the best!

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks.

Mike developed one of the worst cases of PMCSS.

He suffered Post Mosconi Cup Stress Syndrome. I t is quite a common condition and is known to be related to an allergy to baying mobs

Mike was heavily exposed to that on his Mosconi debut and was never the same player again

D Player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He suffered Post Mosconi Cup Stress Syndrome. I t is quite a common condition and is known to be related to an allergy to baying mobs

Mike was heavily exposed to that on his Mosconi debut and was never the same player again

you know. i read this forum everyday but haven't logged on to post in years...

i just read this and felt compelled to say...

you're a douche.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you know. i read this forum everyday but haven't logged on to post in years...

i just read this and felt compelled to say...

you're a douche.
I completely agree. Very poor taste. If a reply is anything like, "sheesh, lighten up", it will confirm doucheness. Just not funny.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member

It's too bad I can't tell you how I feel about you right now! I'll get banned for life again!

But it is amazing how the powers that be in this site don't ban people like you!

Admittedly, I have said something bad things on here, but ALL wer justified!

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

why in the world would you say something that hurtful? please remove that post

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
has there ever been a British comedian that was/is funny (besides the pink panther)?

Coltrain played strong, very strong...i'm thinking Tony Watson speed

Last edited: