anyone try a different tip on the predator revo

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
looking for suggestions on a tip for the revo series. I have tried a lot of different tips but I know predator went with soft because the shaft was very stiff. has anyone tried a hard or medium.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looking for suggestions on a tip for the revo series. I have tried a lot of different tips but I know predator went with soft because the shaft was very stiff. has anyone tried a hard or medium.

You may want to check with travis trotter on this matter.

Keith

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
I ordered my revo. I plan on trying the original tip but then change for ultra skin pro soft..

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had my Revo shaft for 5 weeks now, and have played with it every day, along with having dozens of people also get chances to play with it. While I prefer hard tips, I have not tried to have the Victory tip changed yet. I know that Mike Dechaine had the tip changed on his Revo shaft by Joe Blackburn at the SBE in April. Not sure what tip Joe put on, but it wasn't a soft tip.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
Scott Lee any issues with mushrooming. I have used mine for about 15 hours of play so far and it has mushroomed a little. I don't feel personally that I love the tip Have had a few issues with the victory tip on a Vantage and 314-3. I know they went with soft to avoid the revo feeling to stiff.

JayTS

Certified Donator
Silver Member
I do know that Tony Robles plays with a Victory Medium on his Revo shaft and swears by it. Personally I loved the hit of the Victory soft on that particular shaft. Stiff shaft and soft tip has been a good combination for many good players for a long time.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jdm34...Since I break with mine, yes there have been some small issues with mushrooming...but I just reshape it with a tip tool and it's fine. I've only had to do that once, and that was just a couple of days ago. I do plan to have a medium or hard tip put on before too long...as that is what I prefer. :D

Scott Lee

Scott Lee any issues with mushrooming. I have used mine for about 15 hours of play so far and it has mushroomed a little. I don't feel personally that I love the tip Have had a few issues with the victory tip on a Vantage and 314-3. I know they went with soft to avoid the revo feeling to stiff.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I shot a rack with one with a G2 tip. Not sure the speed of the tip though. Played well. I heard the Pred tip was shrooming out.

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
Do you notice issues with particals sticking to the shaft I played last night and It was kind of warm my palms were clammy I kept having to wipe my hands and the shaft with a towel almost like little eraser pieces very frustrating. its making me not like the cue. It is the wrapless model was thinking about trying a glove.

nfuids

eh?
Silver Member
Jdm34...Since I break with mine, yes there have been some small issues with mushrooming...but I just reshape it with a tip tool and it's fine. I've only had to do that once, and that was just a couple of days ago. I do plan to have a medium or hard tip put on before too long...as that is what I prefer. :D

Scott Lee

You mean you break with your revo shaft?
Any specific reason? I mean do you not own a break cue? Or do you use it because you feel it breaks better?

and you break with the predator's soft tip?!

Cocoa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you notice issues with particals sticking to the shaft I played last night and It was kind of warm my palms were clammy I kept having to wipe my hands and the shaft with a towel almost like little eraser pieces very frustrating. its making me not like the cue. It is the wrapless model was thinking about trying a glove.

Hi Jdm34,

I can't imagine the shaft material is falling off. Sounds like you were introducing the little pieces from the towel. Did you try using the wipes that came with the cue? It makes the cue nice and clean and smooth. If you start with clean hands and wipe the shaft with alcahol and a clean paper towel all will be good.

Cocoa

9ball mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried the Zan medium and thought it played horrible. I have a pretty powerful stroke but I was having a lot of trouble moving the cue ball around especially with draw. I went to a Kamui soft and I can do anything I want with the cue ball with little effort. It also seems that I am more accurate on position play than with the original tip and the Zan. I had heard a lot of good things about the Zan tips but in my opinion that was the worst tip I have ever tried. I could have just gotten a bad tip but I will never try another Zan tip in my life.

vadrek

Banned
I tried the Zan medium and thought it played horrible. I have a pretty powerful stroke but I was having a lot of trouble moving the cue ball around especially with draw. I went to a Kamui soft and I can do anything I want with the cue ball with little effort. It also seems that I am more accurate on position play than with the original tip and the Zan. I had heard a lot of good things about the Zan tips but in my opinion that was the worst tip I have ever tried. I could have just gotten a bad tip but I will never try another Zan tip in my life.

I think my problem with Kamui soft it was i had a bad tip too, it was mushrooming every 10 shoots.