Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page APA screwed our very own sleinen out of a national championship
Page 3 of 36 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-18-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaandthem View Post
APA says there must have been something on the ball.
There was, a leaning table.

What was the final verdict on why the player was disqualified?

Old
  (#32)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-18-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post

If you're talking about the curving eight ball, the player marked the far corner and made the 8 in the wrong pocket. The two players in the match were 2s.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#33)
JC
Banned
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
They're not playing one pocket?

But there could have been something wrong with the 8 ball. I have a 3 ball that can do that same shot. Maybe it wasn't the cheap table.
Either way it was an equipment malfunction. People saying she put spin on it causing that probably belong in the APA.

Old
  (#34)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2019, 07:09 PM

The APA is a JOKE!

I just left Hawaiian Brian's because the Sunday league came in and took all the tables.

I usually sit around for an hour, or so, watching them, but it drives me bat shit crazy. I have nothing against players of a lower skill level, but some of these people come in with $1,000 carbon fiber cues and can barely hit the cue ball and they'll talk about "low deflection". It's insane.

And then the "higher" level players will try to coach them and they are clueless, too.

The whole thing is a waste of money IMO.

Old
  (#35)
misterpoole
AzB Silver Member
misterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond reputemisterpoole has a reputation beyond repute

Apa teams is sandbagger central. Not serious pool. Great for starters but then you need to upgrade to BCA, or only play apa singles. In what way is he 'intellectual'? Beating the system? I dont see that there will be any sympathy from this board

Last edited by misterpoole; 08-18-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Old
  (#36)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Either way it was an equipment malfunction. People saying she put spin on it causing that probably belong in the APA.
The ball rolled straight down table 70% of the way. No spin on it.

APA- Meet people. Play pool. Get screwed.

My money is on Sean
Old
  (#37)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

My money is on Sean - 08-18-2019, 07:15 PM

Anyone that has been around AZB long knows that Sean is a person with outstanding integrity. If it comes to trusting Sean or the APA, the APA loses and loses big. Not sure what shenanigans were pulled but the APA may pay a high price because there could be a huge backlash from AZB members.

Hu

Old
  (#38)
bubbaandthem
AzB Silver Member
bubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
If you're talking about the curving eight ball, the player marked the far corner and made the 8 in the wrong pocket. The two players in the match were 2s.
I've got to admit, I'm scratching my head on this one

Old
  (#39)
newcuer
AzB Silver Member
newcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2019, 07:43 PM

The APA could put a stop to this nonsense but they choose not to.

They could make a team truly earn its way into a Vegas spot (thus negating most of the sandbagging) but they chose not to keep players interested all year long and bump up their profits.

My local league operator lets just about 1/2 the teams in the playoffs for the spot to go to Vegas. He completely ignores the rule if a team wins in a summer session they must finish in the top 50% the next two sessions. He will let additional teams teams who he has made 'deals' with the the captains into the playoffs for Vegas. He will declare more than one division winner for a spot in the playoffs.

His safeguard is to bump up anyone who wins in the playoffs up a skill level so he doesn't get in trouble with St. Louis. Funny, he will move up a player's skill level in the playoffs, then at times they will keep winning at the new skill level in the playoffs, but will then be bumped back down to their skill level before the playoffs when the next summer session starts.

I think St. Louis gets paid more on memberships and the LO make their money on keeping their existing players playing as often and as much as possible. So you end up this convoluted situation like I described in the previous paragraph.

In the end, profits rule for the APA and the LO's at the expense of the game.

Old
  (#40)
newcuer
AzB Silver Member
newcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2019, 07:52 PM

Just to clarify, when I say 'nonsense', I mean both actual sandbagging and false positives like what happened to the OP.

Old
  (#41)
I Got Lucky
AzB Silver Member
I Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
It's a Valley barbox. Any AA player can break and run 10 racks. Ridiculous to ban anybody for good play.

There are maybe 10 guys who make a living off pool anymore. So calling every decent player a pro is a misnomer.

APA is killing pool. All they want is the Benjamin's. Paying back maybe 30% of the take, whoever plays it doesnt deserve better.
Wait, what? The championship is played on a barbox? That ain't even a real table. You couldn't pay me to travel to Vegas to play on a barbox.

Efren..."I got lucky"..............

Me...."I got lucky too". From running away to running out on The Magician....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BIIl5...ture=youtu.be#

Old
  (#42)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcuer View Post
Just to clarify, when I say 'nonsense', I mean both actual sandbagging and false positives like what happened to the OP.
If someone has said what happened in the dq I haven't seen it in this thread?

What's a false positive?

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

Old
  (#43)
newcuer
AzB Silver Member

08-18-2019, 08:27 PM

"False positive" would be falsely accusing someone of having deliberately sandbagging in the past only to be playing at their true speed in Vegas.

I am sure there are both accurate claims of sandbagging and false positives. But if they made people win it at the the table during the regular sessions, none of this would even be an issue.

DQ'd
Old
  (#44)
Runnintable
AzB Silver Member

Runnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond repute

DQ'd - 08-18-2019, 08:51 PM

I thought it was if two players on roster get bumped up by 2 ranks than they team is DQ'd

I remember Sean, sorry to hear he was involved, I am also surprised he played in the APA

Good Luck and Good Strokes,

RunninTable

Just food for thought.... hummmm
Old
  (#45)
shasta777
AzB Silver Member
shasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond reputeshasta777 has a reputation beyond repute

Just food for thought.... hummmm - 08-18-2019, 08:56 PM

If this Sean or others/team were supposedly sandbagging... why didn't the APA officials just "RAISE" their skill level to what the APA thought it should be... in other words:

If Sean level was say a skill level #6... then all APA had to do is move his skill level to skill level #7 for the next match. --- Problem Solved!!! ... that would go for (ALL players & teams) No one should ever have to be DQ'd

So just raise their skill level as APA does anyway!!! Instead of all this drama which does hurt the pool sport...

Only way someone should get DQ'd is cause they are PRO pool player...
just my opinion... :-)

Page 3 of 36 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: