#6 iron side pockets

john1mman

This is my first post and I really have enjoyed reading the information posted in this forum. I would like some help with my side pockets. I am redoing my nose height as it was about 1.380". I am raising them to 1 7/16inches. I am also reducing my corner pockets to 4 1/2 inch mouth and the side pockets to 5 inch mouth. So my question is about the #6 pocket iron. It measures 5 inches where the square part of the side rails butt up to it. If I use the angle opening of 101 or 102 degrees, I don't see how I can have the mouth be 5 inches also, unless I have straight or parallel cushion ends at the opening. I cut the corners to 141 degree and 12 degree inside the pocket. I hope this makes sense. I really have tried to find info on the internet also and tried to find an answer here. Thanks for any help that you may be able to share with me. I built this table years ago following the article in the "Fine Woodworking Magazine" 1989 issue. The rails are 1 3/4 inches and the cushions are artemis K66. Thanks again, John.