The Tao of Brumback: My Experience with a Champion

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spent last night with Mr. John Brumback, and I can honestly say it was one of the best pool experiences in my life. I have been to the Derby City Classic many times in the past few years. I have been to multiple professional events and gambling matches. This was one of the tops in my book.

I am an honest student of the game and do everything I can to learn the nuances that will make me a better player. All of us here know how hard this game is and that everything you learn gives you another weapon against your opponents. I have learned from many different players and have been to instructors for strategy and fundamentals. The information I received from John is as good, or better, than anything I have received before.

He has a way of relating information that makes it easy to understand. I have talked with many players of a professional caliber. I can’t tell you how many times it results in finding out that they can do something, but they don’t know how they did it. I have actually heard things like, “Just do it like this.”

Mr. Brumback has spent many years perfecting and deciphering the secrets of this game. He didn’t just learn how to perform, he learned the why behind the performance. The best part is that he understands how to relate this information to the learner. He is very relaxed at the table and has such a calming effect on the student. Even when I couldn’t make it work at first, he was patient and made me feel like I was going to get it. When I made the shot he was as excited as I was.

He really made me feel like I was learning and shooting pool with one of my good friends. I immediately felt at ease and was very comfortable. It was like I forgot I was in a lesson with a world class player and was getting the info at my home pool room. It’s incredible that a guy with that much talent on the table brings such a humility and humbleness to the lesson. I was blown away with his attitude and hospitality.

The information I received was of the highest caliber. I left excited and ready to put in some hard work at the table. In fact, I was so excited I woke up this morning and immediately went to the table to practice what he showed me.

John is a top level player in every discipline. I even heard he can bank a little :). Whether you are looking to be better at bank, rotation, one pocket, straight pool, John is the guy for you. If you can’t come away from a lesson with him feeling like you stole, you don’t need to play pool. The information he has is worth more than you can afford, and yet with what he charges, I felt like I should have wrote him an IOU for more.

Anyone looking to get better should contact John as soon as possible before his calendar fills up. His name on AZ is JBKY and his email address is jhbpool1@aol.com

Contact him soon, I promise you will not regret it.

-Brandon

Muziq

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on your great experience & best wishes of success with practicing until it's automatic in your game.