Mezz Or Pechauer

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
You're missing my point. We can disagree on how well Pechauer cues hit (I have 5 myself) as that is very subjective. If I didn't like the first one or two I bought why would I get 3 or 4 more? Reread the part of your post highlighted in red.

I bought the last super fancy one to help out a murdered gang unit cop's wife.
Sold it for exactly what I paid for it.
It supposed to be a 2300 cue.
The guy who bought it has several Pechauer cues.
We can't figure out why he buys them but he is loaded.
He buys what he wants, and he does not like the way that one hit, but again he is loaded, no big deal.
If I would have played with it then I would be up to 5 I've owned that played awful.

Sometimes you get cues in multiple cue deals, just a throw in.
We do it all the time.
They get sold for a fraction of the retail value and it's no big deal.
I do multiple cue deals every week, just like the Mezz cue that's on the way with two WX900 shafts.
There's a 1930's Herman Rambow cue along with it.
I will sell the Mezz regardless how it hits.
It's just something to do, and I do it on a daily basis.

What bothers me most about Pechauer is when people say they are just like Schon only cheaper.
I've heard it many times here on AZ and that could not be farther from the truth.
My concern is that new cue buyers might actually believe that, so based on my experience with Pechauer cues, I speak up, and I will continue to do so.
If I get a new one and it plays better I'll change my opinion.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't it seem strange that someone who didn't like they way they played would own several? Either they're goofy or this is BS.
You can own cues without choosing it as your playing cue. I have a Gus Szamboti I love, but wouldn't want to have to play with it. In my opinion, assuming all of us are trying to play the best we can possibly play, the cue we chose to play with currently is the cue we feel gives us the best chance to play our best pool. For me right now, that is a Mezz Exceed cue with a Mezz EXPro shaft, not a Revo shaft which I've already experimented with, and not a Pechauer, although I still own many of them - all currently for sale.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I can honestly say of all the cues I have that none - NONE - of them transform me into a great player, a beast at the table. Those cues include:

Nova Custom
Chad Carter Custom
Schon - Two of them
Lucasi - Two of them
Jacoby
Nick Varner
Joss
Predator
Cuetec R360

Sometimes you just want a certain cue so you can say you have one of them. That's sort of where I am at now with the Pechauer. Then later in the year I might seriously consider the Mezz, and then a Falcon.

So, I think I am going to call Joe at Pechauer's tomorrow.

r/DCP

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts might be regarding these two brands of cues?

I'm torn between the two cues below. Sort of my Christmas present to myself. Never had a Mezz but I did have a Pechauer 10-12 years ago and sold it. Not sure why either.

https://www.seyberts.com/mezz-ec7p2-pool-cue

https://www.seyberts.com/pechauer-custom-cues-p16h

Need to decide in the next day or two if I want delivery by the holiday.

r/DCP

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either of these brands. Merry Christmas. ;)

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best of both worlds..... one of the Pechauers beauties , and add a mezz shaft!
(Wax 900)
Some of the nicest figured maple butts and the shaft I prefer.
Winner winner!!

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts might be regarding these two brands of cues?

I'm torn between the two cues below. Sort of my Christmas present to myself. Never had a Mezz but I did have a Pechauer 10-12 years ago and sold it. Not sure why either.

https://www.seyberts.com/mezz-ec7p2-pool-cue

https://www.seyberts.com/pechauer-custom-cues-p16h

Need to decide in the next day or two if I want delivery by the holiday.

r/DCP

I have played with both brands,both are very high quality cues perfectly made. With Mezz you are getting the best wooden LD shafts (in case of ExPro and HP2 wooden with carbon insert),with Pechauer you get most likely the best balanced production cue on the market. You really cant go wrong with any on these two brands ;)

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I like them both. I play with a Pechauer (with an OB shaft) and I have hit with my friend's Mezz. Both excellent. I like the balance and feel of my Pechauer. I don't like the proprietary quick release joint on it because I think quick release is pointless and only serves to make it harder to find aftermarket shafts, but OB has shafts for that joint type and I dig them so it works out.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just placed the order. Pechauer P16-H. 18.5 oz. 12.75mm with a gradual taper. Oil tanned black Spanish Leather wrap. Name engraved on the butt cap in 12 point Italic. Includes joint protectors.

The only thing that seemed odd was that I asked for them to put a pressed Elkmaster tip on the cue and the gentleman I talked to said he had never heard of a pressed Elkmaster. Seemed odd to me?

Anyway, should ship early next week. Hopefully will arrive before Christmas. Assume so since its only two days from Wisconsin to Indiana.

r/DCP

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just placed the order. Pechauer P16-H. 18.5 oz. 12.75mm with a gradual taper. Oil tanned black Spanish Leather wrap. Name engraved on the butt cap in 12 point Italic. Includes joint protectors.

The only thing that seemed odd was that I asked for them to put a pressed Elkmaster tip on the cue and the gentleman I talked to said he had never heard of a pressed Elkmaster. Seemed odd to me?

Anyway, should ship early next week. Hopefully will arrive before Christmas. Assume so since its only two days from Wisconsin to Indiana.

r/DCP

That is a slick looking cue. I imagine the leather wrap will look even better. Did you go with the standard maple shaft?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won a Pechauer at my leagues raffle. It hits very nice, so nice that the former pro I was getting a lesson from commented that it was one of the better hitting cues he's hit with.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought Mezz early summer and honestly i have been disappointed. It wont give me spin what I have been able to shoot with solid maple cues. Also it wont work good with Elkmaster which is my favorite tip. I just got extension for it and now it is ok. Trying to find a tip what works with it.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah its BS
I deal with different cues every day, have a substantial cue collection, 4 cues recently sold in minutes but I have a reason to lie about a company I like.
I just don't like Pechauer cues, but I've always liked them as a company.

I will say it again like I've said many times, the 4 Pechauer cues I've owned were awful playing cues.
Nothing new, and I've heard it from several people as well.
What's goofy is taking a cue with a 5/16-14 piloted joint and machining off some threads to make it a quick release like they did for a while.
I think Pechauer cues are great. I've never played with Mezz but to say you've never heard of anyone who likes them, that's just crazy. Everyone I've known who uses them (and there are many here in Charleston) thinks they're great cues, and the absolute best player in the city uses his as he breaks and runs game after game after game...

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought Mezz early summer and honestly i have been disappointed. It wont give me spin what I have been able to shoot with solid maple cues. Also it wont work good with Elkmaster which is my favorite tip. I just got extension for it and now it is ok. Trying to find a tip what works with it.

Try reducing the sharpness of the tip’s edges by sanding a little. Something I just did, and now it spins like crazy

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
You switch tables, cloth, chalk, gloves, sticks, tips, balls, etc. and you believe LD shafts are a gimmick?

If you could play or were a historian of the game, that would make a huge difference on the weight of your opinion.

Yes, no LD shafts for me. I sort of view LD shafts and all of these aiming systems in about the same light that Nick Varner does. More or less along the lines of a gimmick.

r/DCP

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a custom spliced pointed pechauer made for me in '06 i think. Ivory ferrels and it plays as good as a tad or jw. Costs around 2500 i think now but well worth the money

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Mezz Cues. I have played with several EC7's too. I will say after a lot of trial and error. I finally decided on the Ex Pro shaft. I also switched to a Navigator tip. I'm beyond happy with it. 2 thumbs up from me.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Unless it was one of Jerry’s spliced cues, I have no interest in Pechauer cues.

Freddie <~~~ pointy points

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won a Pechauer at my leagues raffle. It hits very nice, so nice that the former pro I was getting a lesson from commented that it was one of the better hitting cues he's hit with.

The only person to ever whup on me on my home table is a pechauer-sponsored pro.