Lighting for 8' table

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is a 3 shade light enough for an 8' table? What about a 4 shade light? Also, what type of screw-in bulbs would you recommend? Assuming LED bulbs are recommended, what watt rating for each bulb?
I presently have a 4' LED kitchen type light over the table and I am not happy with the balls' shadows that are cast towards either end of the table.
Thanks for any help I can get.

linxhack

Registered
Hi Rick... this is my 8 1/2 foot table lit with a 3 light and 4000 K led bulbs. I have additional lighting in my pool room, but even with those low or off the lighting is great. Hope this helps you.
9c045af3c4aeccf75695663546b1a6bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I have recessed lights in my living room
I replaced only half of them with led bulbs because they are so bright

Don't even remember which one's but from home depot were about 15 each

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same as Linx, I have an 8.5' table, similar fixture, and use 3-shade fixture. Experimented with LED bulb wattage and color, and ended up with 8.5w, 840 Lumen, 5000K bulbs.

Height from slate to shade lip (almost exactly same fixture as Linx's photo) is currently 38", but in a previous house was 36" and either way had plenty of coverage / overlap and no funny shadows.

p.s., If you tend to take photos on the felt, like if you sell a lot of cues or something, while using a warmer color bulb may reduce over-brightness (if that bothers you), it will also change the color of the felt in those photos.