Leveling a Table

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Hey all, I am sure a number of you guys can answer this for me. Besides my machinists level what other tools do I need to level a 7' Diamond Smart Table? The table at our home league bar is terribly out of level and we can not trust that the supplier will even bother to come out a check to see if it needs to be leveled again so we will take care of it ourselves. Thanks for the help.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Cmon, a little help here please guys. Someone surely knows what tools I might need to level a Diamond Smart Table. Adjustable wrench and 2 screw drivers maybe???? It does have adjustable legs on it correct? We are not going to try to level the slate or nothing like that, just the feet if it has them which I assume it must.

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can level the table just by slow rolling balls on it. The level you have will get it very close to start with, but actually rolling balls will tell the tale.

gmillioni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
levelling table

if the cloth is off the table roll or shoot very lightly a ball diagonally from corner to corner, do this so you have described an x pattern. then with a ball about an 1/8 inch off a rail shoot the ball at extremely slow speed from corner to corner, back and forth each way. try diamond to diamond length of table, and crosswise. these shots will tell the tale. you can make adjustments and repeat. you can do the same with the cloth on the table. also if you do a 36" or 48" level first then do the ball roll/shoot thing after. this should get you pretty close to perfect if you take your time. gerald.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
This is a table we play on weekly. Last week the ball would roll off same direction on a slow roll about 3/4 of a diamond. Do they not have adjustable feet like a Valley? Im sure the table just got moved or something, it used to be fine. I just want to throw my machinist level on the cloth and adjust the feet and get it close. I did not look at the feet, table is 20 miles away, just wondering what tools I need to turn feet and remove decorative covers if any.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I guess your question wasn't clear the first two times you asked it, huh? :D

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
This is a table we play on weekly. Last week the ball would roll off same direction on a slow roll about 3/4 of a diamond. Do they not have adjustable feet like a Valley? Im sure the table just got moved or something, it used to be fine. I just want to throw my machinist level on the cloth and adjust the feet and get it close. I did not look at the feet, table is 20 miles away, just wondering what tools I need to turn feet and remove decorative covers if any.

3/4" open end wrench:thumbup:

JZMechanix

Silver Member
You also need a 3/8" ratchet to be able to adjust the slate levelers, if in fact the table has them.

wannabehustla

Registered
I have a 9' Diamond pro am. Does anyone know if there is some specific order I should be using to level it? For example should the legs be leveled before slate or vice versa? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Where are you located?
If your not familiar with the built in leveling system I suggest you contact someone that services diamond tables in your area.

Rob.M

-

I have a 9' Diamond pro am. Does anyone know if there is some specific order I should be using to level it? For example should the legs be leveled before slate or vice versa? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tittyhooked

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMG_4302.JPG

Can someone tell me what these 18 screws are on my Diamond Pro Am. Do they make minor adjustments to the slate?

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And only a self proclaimed genius would say the balls don’t matter. THATS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And only a self proclaimed genius would say the balls don’t matter. THATS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS!!!

Oh really, well then Einstein, how to you handle ball roll from cloth grain tracking that will cause a ball to curve off following the grain of the cloth, yet the slate is dead level?

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try rolling a square object on a level table and tell me if it matters? Glen you know tables but you don’t know physics.

In your words, stick to what you know. Which is felt, corners and wood. Beyond that and the very obvious kicks in the side you give people there isn’t much for you to add. Yea, yea you can show us stretching techniques and angled staples......past that. It’s just chest pumping.

Saying the balls don’t matter might be the the stupidest comment not only you have made but any amateur could ever make.