Forum etiquette in the WANTED section?

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good morning, everyone.

I'd appreciated some advice, please.

I'm seeking a vintage Poker Pool ball to complete a much treasured Aramith set from the 1970s, so created a thread on the WANTED forum a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, my choice of title was a poor one and, as I cannot edit it, would like to create another thread with an improved heading.

What is the forum etiquette on this sort of thing? If I let my original listing drop off page 1 before creating a second, would that be regarded as acceptable? Or should I wait longer? And would a similar tactic also hold true for 'bumping' a thread to the top? My search is a real long shot so I'm keen to keep my quest on view from time to time just in case.

Many thanks indeed.
RC.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe you should ban yourself for a week, get your thoughts together and then return to slay all those who have done wrong.

Kill em all!

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
You should be able to edit it.

When you hit the edit button, select the advanced button,then change the title to suit your needs.:thumbup:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Very good, Black Balled. :)

Ah, it was only a partial success, Tooler. The heading was updated once viewing the thread but, alas, the title shown on the main WANTED section remained the same.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Just post a thread with your intentions in the main forum. Much larger target. :thumbup:

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Very good, Black Balled. :)

Ah, it was only a partial success, Tooler. The heading was updated once viewing the thread but, alas, the title shown on the main WANTED section remained the same.

Very strange. I was able to change my thread title in the FS section 2 days after I created it..

Did you hit Save? lol.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Yes, sir, I did hit save and it was partially successful in that the new title is now shown once you're reading the thread. The main heading on the WANTED forum, alas, remained unchanged. :(

Many thanks for trying to help. :)

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I think I'll just let it drop off the bottom of the page and then create a new thread. Hopefully that will be acceptable. :)

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Yes, sir, I did hit save and it was partially successful in that the new title is now shown once you're reading the thread. The main heading on the WANTED forum, alas, remained unchanged. :(

Many thanks for trying to help. :)

Yes, I see it now. Seems goofy, they allow you to only edit the running title. Mine is the same. Thanks for clarifying.