$46,000 Pool Table. Half price! This will give you a laugh.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
They’re not short on confidence. :)

“La Hermelin invents, builds and assembles billiards of high quality and prestige, each of which represents an authentic masterpiece of master craftsmanship and Italian creativity.”

“A jewel of technical precision and aesthetic perfection, so much so that the billiards Hermelin they have always furnished the most important houses in Italy and in many foreign countries.”

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They make VERY good billiard tables but some of their designs are truly horrid.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
They make VERY good billiard tables but some of their designs are truly horrid.

I bow to your superior knowledge, sir.

Actually, I regret starting the thread now. I’ve only just noticed that it is an American company from New York... I mistakenly thought the firm was based overseas and unlikely to view the forum.

Apologies, no offence intended, it just seemed a rather unappealing design to my eye. But what do I know!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bow to your superior knowledge, sir.

Actually, I regret starting the thread now. I’ve only just noticed that it is an American company from New York... I mistakenly thought the firm was based overseas and unlikely to view the forum.

Apologies, no offence intended, it just seemed a rather unappealing design to my eye. But what do I know!
Hermelin tables are made in Italy. The seller is in NY but table is Italian. https://www.hermelinbiliardi.it/en/chi-siamo/

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
So many things wrong with that table, it boils down to a rather expensive and large decoration. You would think if a billiards company is going to custom build top dollar tables that they would at least familiarize themselves with proper billiard table dimensions. Pockets are very strange and are not proper for any game I have ever heard of, nose of the cushions appear to be far too high, and the table is not twice as long as it is wide. Thats just what I have noticed in a few pics.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How the F is someone going to play on that pocket design? That things looks horrible, more art than anything usable for playing on. It's like a 12" toy table expanded to life size.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Says in description its a 4.5x9 snooker table. What's really weird is that seller's only other items are two pairs of funky-ass boots and a jacket. Also a strange feedback profile. No clue what's going on here other than this is one high-priced butt-ugly table.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That Hermelin model is covered in leather. They will make any size you want.

I noticed that their "snooker" tables have pool pockets. Or at least that's what their pictures seem to show.

There are many usability problems in their designs, but if your main goal is to fill one end of a 25x50-foot game room with something interesting in case your guests have no interest in your bowling lanes downstairs, this could be ideal.

The room in Las Vegas that opened 10 years ago (and is now closed) had 12 Hermelin 10-foot carom tables, but the owner was mostly interested in pin billiards. I vaguely recall a number like $18,000 per table. They were quite solid. Edit: It was "Best Billiards" https://www.yelp.com/biz/best-billiards-las-vegas

Last edited:

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How the F is someone going to play on that pocket design? That things looks horrible, more art than anything usable for playing on. It's like a 12" toy table expanded to life size.

There are a number of strange games played on that style of table and you can find them on you tube videos

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
So many things wrong with that table, it boils down to a rather expensive and large decoration. You would think if a billiards company is going to custom build top dollar tables that they would at least familiarize themselves with proper billiard table dimensions. Pockets are very strange and are not proper for any game I have ever heard of, nose of the cushions appear to be far too high, and the table is not twice as long as it is wide. Thats just what I have noticed in a few pics.

Nothing that some blue glue can't fix.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy it send the rails to Glenn and you will never have to play on it;)

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I’m still perplexed as to why the table appears so low. It looks to me as if a player would almost need to kneel.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m still perplexed as to why the table appears so low....

So it can be used as a dining table?

Because the designer knows nothing about the game or table specs?

Because it's really just a mock-up?

I'll bet that they will be happy to build the legs any length you want. My back would like a 35-inch bed height.

It looks absolutely dreadful to my eye. Way too low and pockets I’d expect to see on a child’s toy table.

I guess I’m a little out of touch with Italian tastes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Snooker-Po...904205?hash=item3fdd5e9a0d:g:vGEAAOSwwnpeYSSG

That is a really strange looking pool table. Looks like it might be some very out of the ordinary design from the future.

I guess if it looked normal, then it could not have a $46,000 retail price tag though.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
those pockets are for an Italian version of billiards, and theyre tough as ****. not for children believe me. ive played it. theyre snooker pockets only tougher especially the side pockets, in snooker you have the extra room bc of the curved nipple, this one spits it out. it isn't the prettiest of tables though. seems low as well. custom build. customers ask for weird shit

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
those pockets are for an Italian version of billiards, and theyre tough as ****. not for children believe me. ive played it. theyre snooker pockets only tougher especially the side pockets, in snooker you have the extra room bc of the curved nipple, this one spits it out. it isn't the prettiest of tables though. seems low as well. custom build. customers ask for weird shit

I learned basic shot making with pool balls on a 10 foot snooker table. The problem I have with the pockets is why make a pocket that rejects 99% of rail shots? They need to get rid of the facings. Then you can use the absolute minimum aperture and still be able to pocket stuff down the rail. Snooker and Golf would become more offensive (interesting, in my book) and pool would evolve as well.