Le Piqué video instruction

Dean_H

luv the small modalities
Silver Member
Thank you BilliardShot for posting the Piquet technique.

One thing I would like too add is that too develop for piquet and masse technique is a good solid tripod of the bridgehand.

Second thing if you want to learn this technique and you local billiard hall graciously lets you practice the technique is to purchase your own Aramith ball cleaner and micro fiber towel. Some billiard halls use the funny stuff when the clean the balls so it is always a good idea to bring some ball cleaner to clean your balls before practicing the piquet/masse technique as some balls with wax/and or silicone are very slippery and makes it hard to go thru the ball. You want to go thru the ball gently and almost touch the cloth of the table when going thru the ball. It is a rub technique.

One last thing to think about is the there are two schools of thought on the execution of these techniques; the first school moves the whole arm in the technique, the second school believes only the wrist moves. I personally started using my whole arm but later transitioned to just using my wrist.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Ive asked this guy to atleast try amd add english subtitles so Americans can learn about balkline , him amd others but hardly any help on it

I use pique in pool as well when i end up to close to a ball, but can still make it with this technique.
Also for playing a nice lil safety shot to hide the qball.