Shaft conditioner

Racky BallBoa

Registered
I use waterproof, reusable, and washable abrasive sheets that you can purchase as a kit which contains
8 sheets, medium to superfine 320, 400, 600, 1000, 2000, 4000, 6000 & 12,000 grit. I don't use the 320 or 400 though. You can buy it at Hobby Lobby.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I use waterproof, reusable, and washable abrasive sheets that you can purchase as a kit which contains
8 sheets, medium to superfine 320, 400, 600, 1000, 2000, 4000, 6000 & 12,000 grit. I don't use the 320 or 400 though. You can buy it at Hobby Lobby.

Washable as in the clothes washer?

Or as in rinsing off under a faucet?

Jeff Livingston

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
What is sanding wet with cuesilk on the surface is supposed to accomplish?

Not Silk, Slick. Actually Q Slick.

And no, not wet sanding. You let the Q Slick dry on the shaft, then go over it with all the colored cue papers, any brand, they're all the same. I would avoid the white though, for just the usual finish.

All the best,
WW

Sensation

right there
Silver Member
Wet?

No, I was speaking of using real wood sealers/conditioners like woodworkers uses to seal wood's pores. This can keep the chalk out, etc. It is used on more than cues. It is part of the finishing process for most wood items.

Then, there are the cleaners and slicker-upper products that follow that one, if those are even needed.

I just didn't understand the first post and what it was asking.

Jeff Livingston

Generally speaking, in the pool community, I might be wrong here, but when we talk about "slickers" we refer to them as conditioners, which are often put on top of sealers or waxes.

Sensation

right there
Silver Member

I really like the "food grade" appellation. This would make me feel way safer.
I have found such a silicone spray I can get locally, I'll just have to go buy it.

I've used automotive silicone spray for the last 2 weeks, and I really like the results combined with a glove. It is, by a significant margin, the slickest surface I have achieved yet on my shafts.

Sensation

right there
Silver Member
I dont get that at all.
Doesnt slick by definition lack (or lessen the) attributes of drag?
Easily :confused:

Think of a mirror: it's non-porous, so it should be very slick. Now drag your finger across said mirror, doesn't it feel sticky a bit?

But when you play with a glove (like I do), I think your shaft will slide better the slicker it gets.