Thought I sent a greenie

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But after sending my comment, I found out it was a Red Rep. Is there a way to change my attempt to show appreciation. I can't find any hints from the User CP. Any help from the Administrtors or someone who knows would be appreciated.

I already contacted the person and apologized.

I really need to get those cataracts fixed.

Last edited:

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
You have to "spread rep around" before you can give it to the same person again. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. It was a mistake, and you've already contacted the person. Just circle back around in a while after you've given some rep to others. Not many people check it, anymore. I do, but I'm old around here; I remember the rep wars....<shivers> LOL.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
the rep game

The rep game was a distraction for a beloved forum member as he was dying. It was played with vim and vigor! Many things were learned. You have to give ten or twenty reps to other people before you can rep the same person again, I forget which. You are limited in how many times you can give rep a day so I think you can only rep the same person once a day. Also, the rep you give is tied to the rep you have so a newcomer is kinda impotent when smacked by one of the old gang.

On the plus side, when you green rep someone it gives them twice as many points as your red rep takes away so when you can green rep the person you will not just even the score, you will raise their reputation level.

We learned that rep points hit a maximum and you couldn't get more rep to your name, it was now just a handy way to send short notes. My minor contribution was discovering that the upper limit was two billion, hex. There are pages and pages of people with two billion points now, reminders of the old rep game. My avatar is left alone in memory of Smorg, as it shows, I was number eight in rep when the badge was made. That and two bucks will buy a cheap cup of coffee!

Oh yeah, almost forgot. When somebody really annoyed the forum sometimes there was a red rep run where dozens of people dropped the red rep bomb on somebody. Funny how much that red bar under their name bothered them!

Hu

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
The rep game was a distraction for a beloved forum member as he was dying. It was played with vim and vigor! Many things were learned. You have to give ten or twenty reps to other people before you can rep the same person again, I forget which. You are limited in how many times you can give rep a day so I think you can only rep the same person once a day. Also, the rep you give is tied to the rep you have so a newcomer is kinda impotent when smacked by one of the old gang.

On the plus side, when you green rep someone it gives them twice as many points as your red rep takes away so when you can green rep the person you will not just even the score, you will raise their reputation level.

We learned that rep points hit a maximum and you couldn't get more rep to your name, it was now just a handy way to send short notes. My minor contribution was discovering that the upper limit was two billion, hex. There are pages and pages of people with two billion points now, reminders of the old rep game. My avatar is left alone in memory of Smorg, as it shows, I was number eight in rep when the badge was made. That and two bucks will buy a cheap cup of coffee!

Oh yeah, almost forgot. When somebody really annoyed the forum sometimes there was a red rep run where dozens of people dropped the red rep bomb on somebody. Funny how much that red bar under their name bothered them!

Hu

Perfectly summarized, Hu.

I love it when the old guard is summoned for red rep bombing. lol

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wasn't going to name the guy if I could make it right. But maybe a public greenie is the way to go. It was Texas Carom Club. He was cool about the mistake, no hassles at all. His "reputation is beyond repute", so the Red Rep isn't going to change that. I just wanted to show appreciation for his numerous contributions both to the Main Forum and the Funny pic/gif thread.

Thanks to you folks who responded. Typically, I send greenies when people respond to a thread I start. But I think I'll hold off this time.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
But after sending my comment, I found out it was a Red Rep. Is there a way to change my attempt to show appreciation. I can't find any hints from the User CP. Any help from the Administrtors or someone who knows would be appreciated.

I already contacted the person and apologized.

I really need to get those cataracts fixed.

Same thing happened to me about a year ago. Gave a greenie, didn't have to spread any around, and it popped up as a red. No eyesight problems. Like you, I contacted the person, who saw no problem.

Suffice it to say, the rep electronics of AZ are not 100%.

By the way, gave you a greenie.

All the best,
WW

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm colorblind. I'm scared to ask if it's red or green under my name. Oh well. I will pretend it's green.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I don't even know how to five a greenie. Sad, but true.

Any hints or a spot on AZB to learn the process?

If you like somebody’s post...press this under their name...

163DFAD0-2A81-4623-A3AD-35A73AE5E582.gif

If you dislike somebody’s post....press this under their name

45C587FE-1B9C-49E3-B8C9-576AB767E891.gif

A prompt will come up, you can write something or just complete the function

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you like somebody’s post...press this under their name...

View attachment 534337

If you dislike somebody’s post....press this under their name

View attachment 534338

A prompt will come up, you can write something or just complete the function

That's not correct.

If you hit the second image you posted, it will "report a post"

If you want to send a red, you hit the green icon (your first image), and then click the second red line to change to red.

I can demonstrate the 'red' on you if you would like?

Not that I have ever given out a red, and especially not to you, pt109.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
the scales

That's not correct.

If you want to send a red, you hit the green icon (your first image), and then click the second red line to change to red.

Old skin some are still running you click on the scales of justice. Then you see the selection to make it good rep or bad. The default is good so if somebody accidentally clicks red or the software glitches it can pass unnoticed. I almost never look at the click boxes so I may accidentally red rep someone myself some time.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
That's not correct.

I never knew that....I’ve never given a red

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to charge an original Balabushka but I'll settle for a Scruggs sneaky Pete now in exchange for fixing the problem.