Transgender's in Women's Pool League

Should Transgenders Be Allowed to Shoot Pool Against Biological Women?

• Total voters

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
As far as I can tell ACS uses the WPA ruleset.
The WPA rules say that they go by the IOC rules
in this matter.

ACS also has upper/ lower divisions
Masters/AA
A/B
Etc.
Which would constitute handicapping.

Scotch Doubles teams must
be one man and one woman
as per ACS website.

Who said there was no HC'ing? There are mens and woman's divisions for state tourney tough. Men do not play the ladies.

Masters
Advanced
Open
Standard

these are the break downs.

And woman have the same category. It's set up as woman and mens. Now, the leagues themselves are mixed, but the state tourney is NOT. Men do not play woman in singles, and men can't play on woman's teams. Woman can play on Men's teams, and they could play men's singles, if they wanted. I've never seen a woman on a man's team yet, I'm sure there was I just have not seen it.

The problem is if the woman is rated a Master, she counts as your one master per team rule for teams.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make all tournaments EQUAL.

No such thing as "men" or "women" tournaments.

Just "TOURNAMENTS".

Get rid of the handicaps, too.

Winner breaks.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mick,
The point is -- if women have to work harder to get their rating then they will feel slighted. This will just lead to less woman playing pool, not more.

It's the law of unintended consequences at play.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who said there was no HC'ing? There are mens and woman's divisions for state tourney tough. Men do not play the ladies.

Masters
Advanced
Open
Standard

these are the break downs.

And woman have the same category. It's set up as woman and mens. Now, the leagues themselves are mixed, but the state tourney is NOT. Men do not play woman in singles, and men can't play on woman's teams. Woman can play on Men's teams, and they could play men's singles, if they wanted. I've never seen a woman on a man's team yet, I'm sure there was I just have not seen it.

The problem is if the woman is rated a Master, she counts as your one master per team rule for teams.

In the post you responded to I posed the question,
Can anyone name an amateur league for women
only that has no handicap and no rules regarding those who are transgender?

To which you responded ACS etc....

Also in my post that you did not quote was the
question, If they are indeed handicapped does
it really matter?

As for men playing with men and women with women,
ACS follows WPA rules which by the WPA constitution
states in section 4.10 that they will prescribe and
adopt rules that do not conflict with the IOC as
published in the Olympic charter.

That would address who is a man and who is a
woman under this rules set.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, unless it involves the number: 626.

Lou Figueroa
carry on

Lou, I'm starting to grow a little impatient myself.

I want to see that many break, and more importantly, the secondary breaks all the way to each individual key-to-key ....that leads to the next break.

Jeff >>>>>>> waiting.

JC

Coos Cues
Ever since the introduction of Fargo Rate, there has been this theme of getting rid of divisions that are divided by gender. The underlying assumption behind this push -- is that the playing field between men and women is level. So why really separate a man with a FR of 500 from a woman with the same rating?

Well, what if the woman who is a FR 500 -- has spent her entire life playing and working on her game, while the man she is playing picked up a cue last year?

This idea that men and women are on an equal footing at pool is just an opinion at this point. Now, my opinion is the opposite and it's just an opinion too, but the evidence from every other sport points toward men having innate advantages when it comes to eye-hand coordination. So at this point, I see no valid reason to force women to play against men.

Sometimes in our attempts at being egalitarian we end up making things worse for women and that's the direction we are headed in many areas, but hopefully not with pool.

Fargo isn't about equal footing between genders it's about equal footing between pool players. It doesn't care if you used to be a world beater and got old or if you are an up and coming player. If you're equally matched Fargo recognizes it no matter what the circumstances surrounding your skill level is.

Up here in the western BCA we've been genderless in singles for a couple of years and the system has proven itself beyond reproach at making matches competitive.

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I don't know why men and women play in separate leagues/tournaments anyway....its not like pool is a highly athletic game to begin with....it is not a 'sport', but rather a game of skill. A woman can be just as good as a man at this game, and visa versa. IMO gender has nothing to do with pool playing abilities. I mean seriously, how much physical exertions are really required to get up from a spectator chair and then walk around a table & stroke your cue stick at a cue ball?!?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If a disproportionate number of female pros are gay, is that more evidence that masculine genetics are advantageous in pool?

pj
chgo

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I thought the original reason for women's leagues, Ladies' nights was to encourage more participation from this segment.

A situation I see all the time is a handful of women show up to tournament, usually like 3-5 while 60 guys show up. A stark comparison to league night, where there are as many women as men.

I don't know why men and women play in separate leagues/tournaments anyway....its not like pool is a highly athletic game to begin with....it is not a 'sport', but rather a game of skill. A woman can be just as good as a man at this game, and visa versa. IMO gender has nothing to do with pool playing abilities. I mean seriously, how much physical exertions are really required to get up from a spectator chair and then walk around a table & stroke your cue stick at a cue ball?!?

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I thought the original reason for women's leagues, Ladies' nights was to encourage more participation from this segment.

A situation I see all the time is a handful of women show up to tournament, usually like 3-5 while 60 guys show up. A stark comparison to league night, where there are as many women as men.
I get it, I really do.....but when it comes to trannies playing against players of opposite 'biology', I really wouldn't see where they'd have an advantage.... I just don't see where gender/gender identity would affect your ability to play a game of pool....it's not like hmmm...a bike race, or other sport where physical differences between natural genders would a true factor, your 'identity' be damned......

FWIW, I'm one of those that believe if you're born with a cock & balls, you're a man....I can care less what you 'identify' as, you're a man....but pool would be one of those 'gray areas' where gender/gender identity would be irrelevant.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

It does make a difference. How many times must I bring up Chess. Woman have been playing chess for centuries and they lag far behind males in competition and rankings. And it's just a game with no hand eye coordination necessary, in fact, someone else could move the pieces for you.

Men are more aggressive, and that helps. Don't believe me, ask Allison. She even admitted that when asked why she does not play on the pro mens tourney's. She just says they are wired differently, they go for shots I would never think to go for and would look for a safe, but men, they think they can make the shot and usually do at that level. Sounds like Earl and a bunch of other top players... especially Efren, he just finds the way out and wins.

I"m sure there are experts in this subject that can detail it better.

But, if it were no true, why do these males are claim to be woman, and dominate woman's sports in HS and college. It needs to stop. I like watching the pro woman pool players, and I don't want to see men playing in it at all. If woman want to play in the men's fine, but most of they do not... must be a reason for that.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a disproportionate number of female pros are gay, is that more evidence that masculine genetics are advantageous in pool?

pj
chgo

If the "masculine" "gay" women in pool are better, it may have nothing to do with "genetics".

It may just mean that they "think" they are men, so they have spent more time hanging out where MEN hang out than the "girls" have...in the pool halls

They are hanging with the "boys" at the pool hall instead of staying home and playing with Barbie dolls and doing other "girly-type" stuff.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It does make a difference. How many times must I bring up Chess. Woman have been playing chess for centuries and they lag far behind males in competition and rankings. And it's just a game with no hand eye coordination necessary, in fact, someone else could move the pieces for you.

Men are more aggressive, and that helps. Don't believe me, ask Allison. She even admitted that when asked why she does not play on the pro mens tourney's. She just says they are wired differently, they go for shots I would never think to go for and would look for a safe, but men, they think they can make the shot and usually do at that level. Sounds like Earl and a bunch of other top players... especially Efren, he just finds the way out and wins.

I"m sure there are experts in this subject that can detail it better.

But, if it were no true, why do these males are claim to be woman, and dominate woman's sports in HS and college. It needs to stop. I like watching the pro woman pool players, and I don't want to see men playing in it at all. If woman want to play in the men's fine, but most of they do not... must be a reason for that.

Vive le difference

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I like watching the pro woman pool players, and I don't want to see men playing in it at all. If woman want to play in the men's fine, but most of they do not... must be a reason for that.
That explained it all...like I said, I do get it. If anything else, I'm playing devil's advocate... I don't think it has much to do with pool.... I think it's the same reason I wouldn't want to watch a 'tranny' cheerleading team... ;)

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I agree. Why can't we call it what it really is. If you're an asshole before you transition, you're likely one afterwards. We're not talking about a class of people, just specific people who are abusing it.

If you keep framing it as a class problem (in this case, Transgendered), it helps the specific individual get away with it, since you're unduly blaming a class of people.

I get it, I really do.....but when it comes to trannies playing against players of opposite 'biology', I really wouldn't see where they'd have an advantage.... I just don't see where gender/gender identity would affect your ability to play a game of pool....it's not like hmmm...a bike race, or other sport where physical differences between natural genders would a true factor, your 'identity' be damned......

FWIW, I'm one of those that believe if you're born with a cock & balls, you're a man....I can care less what you 'identify' as, you're a man....but pool would be one of those 'gray areas' where gender/gender identity would be irrelevant.