DZ cue with green veneers F/S

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Well, after much "trial and error" by myself, and the fact that alot of people no longer want to deal with a good, yet impatient, buyer / seller like myself, I have decided to just quit playing and sell my items. I have enough stress in my life without this nonsense, and need no more added to it. My first item I'm letting go of is my most prized one, my DZ with green veneers make in 07'. The weight is right around 19.4oz if I remember right, and comes with 2 shafts... 1 high "growth ring count" shaft which plays really nicely, and a Predator 314 (2) shaft which was matched up to this cue perfectly. The white inlays in this cue are ivory, even the "hoppe ring", but the white in the joint trim rings is micarta, and the "barbells" are green veneers. The wrap is a like new black / green speckled linen wrap. The points are really long on this cue, close to the joint and dead even! It has a s/s joint with little wood to wood contact, so it "hits" pretty stiff. If you like solid s/s jointed cues, you'd love this one! I believe the ebony used is Macassar ebony, due to the grain visible. It will come with a set of 3 plain ebony (custom to the cue) joint protectors. I'm asking $1250 including paypal fees and overnight shipping in the CONUS via usps

(edit 8-25-08) If this cue fails to sell, I won't bother posting my other cues / cases. I'll just sell them locally and save us all some time. Last chance to own this gorgeous cue guys, take advantage if you want it!!

mynewDZcuewallpaper.jpg

Last edited:

kunin35

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Bump to the top. I hate to see you selling such a beautiful cue.

For anyone interested, Jeff is top notch all the way around:thumbup: . You won't find a better guy to deal with.

Good luck with the sale.

Paul

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
thanks

kunin35 said:
Bump to the top. I hate to see you selling such a beautiful cue.

For anyone interested, Jeff is top notch all the way around:thumbup: . You won't find a better guy to deal with.

Good luck with the sale.

Paul

Thanks Paul, it must have something to do with my being impatient...I get er' done quickly!!! lol Some on this board are going to disagree with you about my being "top notch all the way around", but I am as a seller at least, and you may be right about not finding a better seller to work with because of that. For the ones offering me trades, (sighs) if I'm leaving the game I have NO use for trading this cue, I NEED to sell it. I have a couple of leads in town here, so it may go at any time. If you'd like to own this cue, I'm just saying hurry cause it may be gone. I just have to get it where they are this week for that.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
that cue is STUNNING!!!!! If not for WAY too many previous purchases....

I can't afford the wife matching what I spend on golf and pool with shoe purchases any more LOL :)

Good luck with the sale - free bump

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
bump

Monday morning BUMP for some exposure :thumbup: Close offers will be considered guys, give me a try...Most I can say is NO :eek: :)

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
i wish

JoeyInCali said:
I'm having deja vu all over again.
Good luck in selling that wand.

I wish it was just "deja vu" Joey, and I was just offering it for sale for something new cause I enjoyed playing, but because of a few reasons it's time to get out of this game...or move to another city, and that's not happening. If I were just out to get something new and keep playing, I'd simply buy it...but I'm, in a way, being forced to quit, for as long as I'm in Erie,PA anyways. :frown:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
dukeboy1977 said:
I wish it was just "deja vu" Joey, and I was just offering it for sale for something new cause I enjoyed playing, but because of a few reasons it's time to get out of this game...or move to another city, and that's not happening. If I were just out to get something new and keep playing, I'd simply buy it...but I'm, in a way, being forced to quit, for as long as I'm in Erie,PA anyways. :frown:
You threatening to quit is giving me another deja vu all over again.

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
yeah yeah

JoeyInCali said:
You threatening to quit is giving me another deja vu all over again.

Take it for what it is Joe, believe whatcha want. Either this cue sells or I put it up and forget about it. Anybody WANT this cue? After all the compliments I had on it, you'd THINK someone would at least make serious offers :eek: ;)

BUMP

Steve Ellis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dukeboy1977 said:
Take it for what it is Joe, believe whatcha want. Either this cue sells or I put it up and forget about it. Anybody WANT this cue? After all the compliments I had on it, you'd THINK someone would at least make serious offers :eek: ;)

BUMP

To balance off the compliments. I hate those veneers.

FeltMaster

You Get The 8
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
dukeboy1977 said:
For a minute there I thought were were going to quit playing pool because of AZ?
Looks like your in a one horse town if you have to move to continue playing....local room Black-Ball you?
Either way I wish you luck, In or Out.

Steve Ellis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pharaoh68 said:
Quitting pool?? Selling this DZ???

I NEVER would have seen any of this coming!!!! :rotflmao1:

Kind of like the classic yearly "going out of business" sale.

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
enough

OK, enough of the b/s posts guys...Back to offering this cue FOR SALE!! I understand you like to bust my balls, but do you really have to do it in my sale thread? That's just RUDE!! This cue IS still available if anyone wants it :thumbup: :thumbup:

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I personally really like green and almost ordered a cue somewhat similar to this from Bob. I'm still working on designing it, but we'll see what happens. This is a beautiful cue and I wouldn't mind having it, but I'm not a fan of the predator shafts. Other than that, it's a beautiful cue!

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
only 1

johnf_34 said:
I personally really like green and almost ordered a cue somewhat similar to this from Bob. I'm still working on designing it, but we'll see what happens. This is a beautiful cue and I wouldn't mind having it, but I'm not a fan of the predator shafts. Other than that, it's a beautiful cue!

Only 1 of the shafts is a Predator shaft John, the other is a high growth ring shaft that plays really well IMO. PM me and maybe we can work out a deal without that shaft if you want it, Jeff