jump cue

tulipplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in the market for a jump cue. I was looking at the predator air 2 but just wanted some opinions before i pulled the trigger.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Predator Air 2 is $160-170ish.
A Lomax jump cue can be found for <$200.

The Predator Air 2 is new, so don't expect many replies.
The Lomax jump cue has been praised as the best.

It's all your preference, but both have extensions. If you NEED a jump cue with an extension and don't like those two choices, there's always Jacoby!

Edit -

For reference, I've used these jump cues:
J&J Butterfly
J&J Maple
J&J Maple Jump/Break
Action Zebrawood Jump/Break
Poison VX Jump
Poison VX 2.9 Jump/Break
Bunjee Jump Cue
Lucasi L-2000JC Jump Cue
Lucasi Air Hog Jump Cue
McDermott Stinger Jump/Break
Robin Dodson Tadpole Jump Cue
And a custom jump cue made from a cut down players cue.

I currently own a Poison VX Jump Cue and out of them all, I really like the Poison and Air Hog because of the rubber grip.

Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby is nice, super easy to jump with. I haven't tried the others but I bought my Jacoby having never used a jump cue and first time at the table with it I was able to execute a perfect jump shot, couldn't believe how easy it was. Also can be found pretty cheap used if you look around a little.

kaylaemarx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jump cues are shorter and lighter. Some have two-part butt sections giving you more options on the length and weight. Jump cues tend to have a harder tip instead of just regular leather.

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Alex brick

I used em all. A friend had an Alex Brick jump cue. I ordered it the next day. 120 bux i think, Dymnodwood and awsome, I have never been so accurate while jumping.......

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
My wife got me a G2 Launcher by Dominic Esposito (or something like that) for christmas and I love it! 3 piece jump cue, I find it much easier than the Tadpole I have used for years.

mel_smOg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex Brick jump cues are the best, better than Lomax and air (the first ed, have not tried second) in my opinion

m79a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used em all. A friend had an Alex Brick jump cue. I ordered it the next day. 120 bux i think, Dymnodwood and awsome, I have never been so accurate while jumping.......

I'll 2nd this and for $120 you can't go wrong. I've had mine about a year and love it.

staypuff578

Team Ramrod
Silver Member
I picked up a Dodson Tadpole in Vegas last year for $60, I love it. Then again, it's the first and only jump cue I've ever used.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Bouska males a dymond wood jumper .. Some folks think it's the best, thought I mention it since I don't see him on the list above.

Good luck.

aff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you'd like a beautiful tulip wood jumper, We can help out at Keith Kues. $200.

^they are great. 0 complaints, and it was a big shock how quickly Justin and Keith helped me out. Definitely recommend.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in the market for a jump cue. I was looking at the predator air 2 but just wanted some opinions before i pulled the trigger.

I have not tried the Predator air 2, but I've tried the others mentioned. Lomax is very nice craftsmanship. Of the bunch though, I really think the Jacoby is a mile better than the next best. It has all the elements that make a great jump cue: extreme forward weighting (brass ferrule...lots of the weight is at the tip), nice quality construction, a very useful extension that I highly recommend (really increases the versatility of the cue), a super hard G10 tip that really gets the ball up, and the backing of a very nice friendly company. I have tried a LOT of jump cues. The only one in the same league as the Jacoby *jump* wise was a Mark Bear jump cue. Man that one was nice. Full splice handle and full splice shaft...how interesting and cool looking! Jumped like crazy too.

Hope this helps,

KMRUNOUT

aff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I nearly forgot we sent you one! How do you like it so far?

Absolutely love it my friend. With how great it performs, I'm even more excited about the custom being built. The shaft on it is amazing.